GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Painscreek Killings #1133421
11/29/17 08:17 AM
11/29/17 08:17 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Marinus_Louis  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
I found Painscreek Killings a nice game, but there are some things you need to know about this game before you decide that you want to play it.

You move through the game using the WASD keys. The mouse is used to turn while moving. The left mousebutton is used to interact and with right mouse button you look closer at things. Normal movement in the game is slow, but you can run using the left Shift key while moving. You'll have to do a lot of going from one place to another in the game and this means that there are a lot of loading screens and those loadings can take some time.

There are a number of keyboard keys you need for opening inventory, documents, maps and other stuff. All this wil by explaned by the game while playing. The game saves automaticaly after every loading, but you can also save when you quit the game if you use the option "Save and Quit". But.....you can't go back to an earlier save because every time a save is made the previous one will be overwritten.

Being killed in the game:
Click to reveal..
For the most part of the game you won't get killed, because the most part consists of gathering documents, diary's and codes for opening drawers and other stuff and you are all alone in the town. But......when you reach the last part of the game you can be killed an you'll probebly will get killed. The last part of the game starts when you are for the last time in the church and have listen to the messages on the taperecorder. You are in the secret attick of the church. When you have listen to the messages your run for life wil start and you can't save the game anymore.

You must now outrun the murderer and you have to be quick about it and this is a fairly long bit. Now you have a red life bar. When your life bar is empty, you die.

The murderer wil come after you and he has an axe. If the murderer catch up with you, he slams you with his axe and you loose a bit of life but you can go on. But the murderer will follow you again and if he catch you again he will hit you again. After four or five
times you die and this is Gameover. When you die you must load the last save.....the last autosave will put you back in the church, just before this whole run for life starts, so when you die you must go through this whole bit again from the start.

I thought I share this information with you. Dick and I wil do our best to guide you through this last bit of the game in our walkthrough, but that isn't finished yet

Louis Koot

Last edited by Marian; 11/29/17 10:20 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Louis Koot
Re: Painscreek Killings [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1133442
11/29/17 10:21 AM
11/29/17 10:21 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thank you for all of that helpful information about the game. I have moved your post over to Boomer Reviews, as it gives a good overview of what players can expect.

I also added spoiler tags to a portion of your information so that players who do not want to know too much about the story line can decide whether or not they want to see it before playing the game. wave

Re: Painscreek Killings [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1133464
11/29/17 12:19 PM
11/29/17 12:19 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thank you both. I've been looking at this game but I am waiting for it to go down in price before I really decide on it. Not sure about that ending bit but I prefer to know about that type of thing ahead of time.

Re: Painscreek Killings [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1133490
11/29/17 03:03 PM
11/29/17 03:03 PM
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer
Lion_1251  Offline
Settled Boomer

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
About the ending:

Click to reveal..
The end is not extremely difficult if you move fast, if you hang around than you get hit with the axe.
When you move as soon as you can and quick than it is doable.

Last edited by Marian; 11/29/17 04:04 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
Re: Painscreek Killings [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1133573
11/30/17 11:04 AM
11/30/17 11:04 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Hi Lion_1251

In the walkthrough I've named that last bit of the game "Your Run For Life" because that is what you have to do......I had to this bit a few times over because I allway's want to show the Bad Ending also in my (Our) walkthroughs. Because I have to make the screenshots while I'm playing, for me this "Run For Life" bit was a bit more difficult. I'm not so quick with the keyboard keys anymore and my brain needs a moment to command my hands to do the action

In any case......there is happy news for all who wants to play The Painscreek Killings because, dear Lion_1251, our walkthrough for this game is now finished and it is sitting on my site for everyone who wants to use it while playing the game. You can get it on www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl

This year I have made 25 walkthroughs for 25 games, and that were the "big" games such as Obduction, Quern, The Eye's of Ara and others, so I'm very tired now and for no I'm "calling it a day" for this year.....Hopefully until next year.

Greeting: Louis Koot (Louis98)

Louis Koot
Re: Painscreek Killings [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1133583
11/30/17 12:41 PM
11/30/17 12:41 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Louis.

Looking forward to hearing for you after your rest wavegirl

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Painscreek Killings [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1133644
11/30/17 11:12 PM
11/30/17 11:12 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Sounds like a well deserved rest!

I hope you can enjoy the games while trying to do the walkthroughs. I don't think I would.

Re: Painscreek Killings [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1133662
12/01/17 06:34 AM
12/01/17 06:34 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Hi Oldbroad

I do enjoy the games while doing a walkthrough. It's even worse.....I can't realy play a game without trying to do a walkthrough for it, it's become kind of a second nature for me. When I have finished a walkthrough, I play the game one more time,for my own pleasure, and then I usualy get rid of it or my wife must want to play it too. If the game is DRRM free we give it away, if not the game get shredderd or returnt to the person who has given me the game to do the walkthrough for it

But there are some exceptions on this rule such as The 7the Guest, The 11th Hour, All of the Broken Sword games, Timelaps, The Gabriël Knight games ( I like the original Gabe 1 Sins of the Fathers much more than the remake because of the voice of Tim Curry and the original soundtrack in the game)and all of the Myst games. Those I stil have and once in a while I play them again.

Louis Koot (Marinus_Louis)

Last edited by Marinus_Louis; 12/01/17 07:34 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Louis Koot
Re: Painscreek Killings [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1133731
12/01/17 09:53 PM
12/01/17 09:53 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Well, it's good to hear that you DO enjoy them!

Re: Painscreek Killings [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1135581
12/18/17 08:59 AM
12/18/17 08:59 AM
UK
T
teassoc Offline
Settled Boomer
teassoc  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

UK
Some might wish to know that it is a very long game! I found it very enjoyable but not always easy to know what to do next (without a walkthrough).
The key is usually with the keys you accumulate over time.

Re: Painscreek Killings [Re: teassoc] #1135600
12/18/17 11:35 AM
12/18/17 11:35 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
That's good to know about the game length, teassoc - thanks! wave12

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 278 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users