GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Dark City: London Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish #1133570
11/30/17 10:12 AM
11/30/17 10:12 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Dark City: London Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Big Fish Editor's Choice! This title was selected for its exceptional quality and overwhelmingly positive reviews from our Game Club beta testers.

4Friends Games presents the first adventure in a brand-new series!

London is about to celebrate the opening of the world’s largest clock tower, until a headless ghost appears, threatening to destroy London and murder hundreds at the opening ceremony. Investigate the dark alleys and gather clues to hunt down the killer and unlock the deadly secrets hidden inside the clock tower. Can you save London? Find out in this Victorian hidden-object puzzle adventure game!

See what our Beta testers had to say:

“This game was OUTSTANDING! I can't remember the last time I adored a game this tremendously. The artwork was so clever with the sketch vibe and the vivid colors in the game play. The character were perfectly voiced. The mini games and hidden objects were inventive. This game was perfection. Well done!” - Stephanie, Beta Tester

“I thoroughly enjoyed this game! I love the detective! He seems such a skeptic to what is going on around him and I love the case work! Great job on this game!” - Art, Beta Tester

Solve a new case in the exciting bonus chapter!
Collect hidden dominoes and morphing objects as you play.
Never get lost with the strategy guide!
Replay your favorite HOPs and mini-games!
Enjoy exclusive screensavers, concept art, and music!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! wavegirl

Re: Dark City: London Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1133572
11/30/17 11:00 AM
11/30/17 11:00 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Dark City: London Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1133574
11/30/17 11:07 AM
11/30/17 11:07 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
The developer, 4Friends Games, has brought us the Living Legends and Edge of Reality series as well as the Bridge to Another World games. wave

Re: Dark City: London Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1133586
11/30/17 01:31 PM
11/30/17 01:31 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Looks like a nice new series to watch out for, thank you, Marian yay

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Dark City: London Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Mad] #1133590
11/30/17 02:19 PM
11/30/17 02:19 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
You're welcome! smile

Re: Dark City: London Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1133921
12/03/17 05:10 PM
12/03/17 05:10 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
At the end of the game you will be asked to make a choice. I chose punishment
Click to reveal..
because she did cause a man's death. Not her place to take justice in her hands.

The bonus game is seasonal:
Click to reveal..
You are hired to find out who is haunting Ebenezer Scrouge. At the end you can chose to lie about a real ghost or tell him the truth about the attempted fraud. I told the truth and still got a happy ending. This adventure is made out to be the true story behind Dicken's novel.

Finding all the dominoes opens up the ability to play dominoes with Snitch.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Dark City: London Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1133923
12/03/17 05:22 PM
12/03/17 05:22 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks for that information about the game, Guybrush. smile

Re: Dark City: London Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1134029
12/04/17 01:17 PM
12/04/17 01:17 PM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
Dark City Notes:

I am well past the demo stage although not finished yet. Thus far, I like what I'm seeing enough to offer the following:

Deductions: I don't want deductions handed to me. I would have enjoyed them as a logic problem or as a memory game with those blue highlights as optional hints. As handled, the deductions are a pretty throwaway with pleasant VO. They could be much more.

Microscope: The microscope puzzles’ tiny translucent molecules were too difficult for me to see which spoiled two puzzles I would have otherwise enjoyed monkeying with. An eyesight test shouldn’t be the point of a mental challenge, particularly when an in-game lens is supposed to be magnifying the little blighters.

No Stupid Runes: I have not yet encountered any stupid sizzling rune puzzles, which ruined/runed for me the otherwise engaging Edge of Reality: Ring of Destiny from 4Friends. I even quite liked the dog and other animals in that one enough that the almost constant annoying rune blitzes didn't stop me in my tracks. Dark City as a series is perfectly themed for a genuine, cipher-based translation puzzle not dependent on either tracing or finding like objects or shapes in the environment.

Other Paths: 19th (and earlier) century Great Britain gave the western world many breeds of domestic animals. A Dark City detective's visit to a country house could take advantage of that rich cultural heritage.

Matching Symbols to Businesses: Why on earth not take advantage of the grand tradition of odd pub names? Three-Legged Mare and I Am the Only Running Footman are two; there is a series of detective novels that uses some of these. Remember the Curl Up and Dye beauty salon in Blues Brothers? Dark City’s signage doesn’t have to be authentic, just reasonably amusing while simultaneously possible to deduce from a list: Off the Top of My Head (an early psychoanalyst), the Errant Sheepdog (dog with a mission as in Ring of Destiny or Toby in Sherlock Holmes), etc. I mention this because one of the main failings of casual games series is insufficient attention to details that make the particular game world intellectually unique. The graphics are splendid. Add some collaboration between puzzle makers and imaginative writers.

Last edited by 8dognight; 12/04/17 02:44 PM.
Re: Dark City: London Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: 8dognight] #1134056
12/04/17 06:40 PM
12/04/17 06:40 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I love your comment about theming relevant items in a given environment. This is Art Direction or stage-setting in films, and it is so important that it is its own separate Awards category. It would add SO much to a game environment, as well as having music that related to the theme as well.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (BrownEyedTigre, mabeco), 239 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users