GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
TGIF #1134424
12/07/17 09:46 PM
12/07/17 09:46 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
It's funny how most people love the dead, once you're dead, you're made for life.

~Jimi Hendrix~
```````````````

A guy burned two ears... so they were asking him at the hospital how it happened.

He said, "I was ironing my clothing and the phone rang...so instead of the phone I picked up the iron and burned my ear..."

"But how the heck did you burn the other ear?" The doctor asked.

"I called you people."

``````````````

As he was quietly watching television at home, the chap heard a sound on the roof of his house and rushed out to investigate. Seeing it was a fair-sized gorilla tearing the shingles off his home, he promptly called up the local zoo authorities to inform them one of their animals had escaped. He was reassured that a gorilla recovering units was on the way and to remain calm.
A few minutes later, an old beat up truck, displaying the Gorilla recovery unit logo on its panels, pulled up to the house. The elderly driver proceeds to recover from the back of the truck, a chihuahua dog, a pair of handcuffs, a ladder, a baseball bat, and a 12-gauge shotgun.

Puzzled on how this lone elderly was to solve the problem of this gorilla that had by now torn half the roof apart, the chap asked him how he would go about doing this. As he handed him over the 12-gauge shotgun, the zoo employee explained the plan:

"First I'll climb up there with the ladder. Then I'll approach the gorilla and knock him off the roof using the baseball bat. As soon as the gorilla hits the ground, the specially trained chihuahua will attack its private parts. When I get back on the ground, the gorilla will have lowered its hands to its groin area to protect itself thus making it easy for me to slip on the handcuffs. Then, I lead him to the truck, lock him up and take him back to the zoo..."

Amazed at the procedure, the somewhat startled house owner asked why he was handed the 12-gauge shotgun?

"Well," explained the experienced gorilla retriever, "It's just a precaution should things not go exactly as planned. In the unlikely event that once on the roof, the gorilla knocks me off with the baseball, shoot the dog.".

```````````

Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. Getting back together, they discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly Mother.

The first said, "I built a big house for our Mother." The second said, "I sent her a Mercedes with a driver." The third smiled and said, "I've got you both beat. You remember how Mom enjoyed reading the Bible? And you know she can't see very well any more. I sent her a remarkable parrot that recites the entire Bible. It took Elders in the church 12 years to teach him. He's one of a kind. Mama just has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot recites it."

Soon thereafter, Mom sent out her letters of thanks: "Milton," she wrote one son, "the house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house." "Gerald," she wrote to another, "I am too old to travel any more. I stay most of the time at home, so I rarely use the Mercedes. And the driver is so rude!" "Dearest Donald," she wrote to her third son, "you have the good sense to know what your Mother likes. The chicken was delicious!"

`````````

Not Cool Anymore!

You find yourself listening to talk radio.

You daughter says she got pierced and you look at her ears.

The pattern on your shorts and couch match.

You fondly remember your powder blue leisure suit.

You think Tragically Hip is when a middle-aged man gets a new sports car, hair piece and a 20 year old girlfriend.

You criticize the kids of today for their satanic suicide-inducing music, forgetting that you rocked to Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath.

You call the police on a noisy party next door instead of grabbing beer and joining it.

You turn down free tickets to a rock concert because you have to work the next day.

When grass is something that you cut, not cultivate.

When jogging is something you do to your memory.

Getting a little action means your prune juice is working.

All the cars behind you flash their headlights.

You remember the "Rolling Stones" as a rock group not a corporation.

You bought your first car for the same price you paid for your son's new running shoes.

You actually ASK for your father's advice.

You don't know how to operate a fax machine.

When someone mentions SURFING you picture waves and a surf board.

`````````````

One day an out of work mime is visiting the zoo and attempts to earn some money as a street performer.

However, as soon as he starts to draw a crowd, the zookeeper grabs him and drags him into his office.

The zookeeper explains to the mime that the zoo's most popular attraction, a gorilla, has died suddenly. The keeper fears that attendance at the zoo will fall off. He offers the mime a job to dress up as the gorilla until they can get another one. The mime accepts.

The next morning, before the crowd arrives, the mime puts on the gorilla suit and enters the cage. He discovers that it's a great job. He can sleep all he wants, play and make fun of people and he draws bigger crowds than he ever did as a mime.

However, eventually the crowds tire of him and he gets bored just swinging on tires. He begins to notice that the people are paying more attention to the lion in the cage next to his.

Not wanting to lose the attention of his audience, he climbs to the top of his cage, crawls across a partition, and dangles from the top to the lion's cage. Of course, this makes the lion furious, but the crowd loves it.

At the end of the day the zookeeper comes and gives the mime a raise for being such a good attraction as a gorilla.

Well, this goes on for some time. The mime keeps taunting the lion, the crowds grow larger, and his salary keeps going up. Then one terrible day when he is dangling over the furious lion, he slips and falls. The mime is terrified. The lion gathers itself and prepares to pounce. The mime is so scared that he begins to run round and round the cage with the lion close behind.

Finally, the mime starts screaming and yelling, "Help, Help me!", but the lion is quick and pounces. The mime soon finds himself flat on his back looking up at the angry lion and the lion says, "Shut up you idiot! Do you want to get us both fired?"

``````````

God called down to Adam, "My child, I have noticed you are lonely down there, so I want you to meet someone. Come and see, I call her woman, her name is Eve..."

Adam came to see her, he then returned to speak with God, hardly able to contain his excitement,"Oh, father, she is so beautiful, her shining blonde hair, and those gorgeous eyes! Why did you make her so beautiful?"

God answered, "So that you would love her my son. But check out the smell of that shining blonde hair...."

Adam leaves and later returns to speak with God, "Oh my Lord, she smells like the flowers in the garden of Eden in the sunshine just after the rain. Why did you make her smell so good God?" he answered....

and again God answered him,."So that you would love her my son....she will keep you company when you feel like you need a friend. Go forth and enjoy her my son, see how much fun you can have together"

Hours later, Adam returns, completely shagged out,"Father, she has many great qualities, the sex was great,she can please me greatly physically, I enjoyed that immensely, but Father, why is she so dumb?" to which God replied,

"So that she would love you my son"

``````````````

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

Time to pour yourself a tall cold drink of Friday. woot

Ahhhhh... penguin

Friday is going to be mostly sunny for us Okies, which will be a nice change from the days of gloom and doom we've been having lately. yay

It was so nippy at the park yesterday it made my Lilley white cheeks more of a rose color. blush

With the colder weather we've been having, I'm thinking I've spent so much time at home sitting around, that my 'other' Lilley white cheeks are pretty rosy too. oops

Next week we're back into the 60s for most of the week, which will be good for getting out. bravo

Otherwise, I need to rev up my home Olympics training program.

Time to put the old bob-sled track back up. cool

Have a happy day everyone.

joe

Last edited by gymcandy1; 12/07/17 09:50 PM.

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #1134437
12/07/17 11:54 PM
12/07/17 11:54 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
lol I walked ten and a half miles yesterday. The high was 25 degrees. My first 45 minute walk was 0 degree windchill and 15 degrees. Dog walking isn't all its cracked up to be in the winter! rotfl

Joe, once you get moving out there, it gets better. grin

Gail, hope all went well. Been thinking of you!

Have a happy day all!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #1134453
12/08/17 05:07 AM
12/08/17 05:07 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
fall Good Morning Joe, Ana and all. It's getting cold here too Joe and Ana! We even may get some snow in a couple days! Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are ready.
Wishing you all a great Friday! fall

Gerry
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #1134460
12/08/17 07:51 AM
12/08/17 07:51 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone, have a Great TGIF. Gail, I hope all is well, thinking of you. Danish, Eggs, Hash Browns, Grits, BB Pancakes, and French Toast in the NC. turkey

Connie
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #1134462
12/08/17 08:58 AM
12/08/17 08:58 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Not ready to get out there, but off I go! It's 14 degrees out, wind chill -1. lol

Have a happy day all!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #1134466
12/08/17 09:06 AM
12/08/17 09:06 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Morning Boomers lab

Joe, enjoy whatever you do today!

Ana, wow! That's a lot of walking. Too cold!

Gerry, coffee needed this morning.

Connie, a big Danish this morning.

Well, visit went well but not ready to stop my weekly tasks. A little disappointed but I am home so that's a plus I guess, Thanks for all the encouragement. We'll try it again next time. Wishing everyone a super good day. kissy

Gail
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #1134483
12/08/17 12:02 PM
12/08/17 12:02 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Fantastic Friday ya'll puppy

It's snowing in AL happydance There is white stuff in my back yard. Not gonna stay there as the ground is wet, but odd enough to see considering I had all my windows open til just a couple of days ago. I actually am in 'warm clothes" and the heater has been turned on.

Needless to say, unlike Ana, I will be be staying in!

Stay warm, Ana wave

Gail, sorry you did not get the news we were all praying for. But I am glad you are home.

Edit: Wow, the snow is really coming down now happydance

Last edited by looney4labs; 12/08/17 04:26 PM.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #1134529
12/08/17 08:53 PM
12/08/17 08:53 PM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hey Ho Everyone laugh

I survived another week joy

Whew...glad to have a couple of days off ... well sort of as have my weekly weekend chores and projects ... didn't get to lunch today as too many pokers in the fire but nothing melted and I survived.

We have an inch or so of snow and it is still snowing outside ... we haven't had that much snow on the ground since 93 when we got 6 inches in March...the kids were in heaven that day as school was cancelled and they spent the day building snowmen and having snow ball fights.

WOOT Joe! Glad you had a great day at the park

shocked Ana...10.5 miles...WoW!!

I'll have hot chocolate and grits to go Connie and Gerry

Ah Gail, I'm with you all the way and like L4L noted...I'm glad you're home...you are in my daily prayers! angel

I was able to get out bright and early this morning with the doggies before the rain started, so all and all it's been a very successful day

TGIF

Catch you all L8R ... I am off to garden and game whilst enjoying my music!!

wave2

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Orion, dorf, 1 invisible), 478 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users