GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1133189 - 11/26/17 05:06 AM Schizm
maggsie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Just bought this great game played it years ago. I am playing Hannah at the moment and she has got to the other island and has to see a ghost who will give her a gift, before she talks to Sam. I just cant connect with this ghost .I am walking in the place where I should see it but no luck. I am wondering will I need this gift later on.

I know its an old game but it is so great I am loving every minute of it. Oh! if they could make them like this now.
Regards
Maggsie

#1133200 - 11/26/17 10:06 AM Re: Schizm [Re: maggsie]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I am happy that you are able to play this again! smile

Jenny100's review says that "ghosts" give you clues and occasionally make requests of you. I am unclear, however, as to whether or not seeing this ghost is mandatory to continuing on with the game, or what you need to have done in order to see it.

Let's wait and see if someone who has played this game will be able to answer your question.

#1133245 - 11/27/17 03:14 AM Re: Schizm [Re: maggsie]
maggsie Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks Marian, I am at the part where I have to play Sam I vaguely remember we come back to this part its such a long time ago LOL
Not to worry I am having a whale of a time the scenery and colours are fabulous,enjoying it immensely.
I will see how Sam is getting along this afternoon and wait to see if we have to go back.
Regards
Maggsie

#1133266 - 11/27/17 09:59 AM Re: Schizm [Re: maggsie]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Have fun. It's wonderful that you are enjoying the game so much. smile

#1135392 - 12/16/17 10:47 AM shcizm
maggsie Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi I know this is a long shot as this game is an old one.
I am playing Hannah and its the telescope puzzle. It is driving me crazy. You have to read Morse code.
The problem is it changes every time you look through the telescope. I am reading Bert Jamin,s WT which is good, but the puzzle is different every game so he cant help. Has anyone any tips on this puzzle. Trying to count the flash's on the telescope and it has my eyes crossed at times.
I have been on this puzzle two days its such a super game I just want to get this puzzle done.
Regards
Maggsie

#1135393 - 12/16/17 10:56 AM Re: shcizm [Re: maggsie]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Hi maggsie, I found what I believe to be the saved game that you would need to get past the telescope puzzle. You can find it as a download here.

See if this helps you out.

EDIT: See Jenny's post after mine!

Edited by Marian (12/16/17 11:06 AM)
Edit Reason: Jenny saves the day

#1135395 - 12/16/17 11:01 AM Re: Schizm [Re: maggsie]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Marian
Hi maggsie, I found what I believe to be the saved game that you would need to get past the telescope puzzle. You can find it as a download here.

Marian, that looks like it's for Schizm 2
There are some Schizm saves here
http://mysterymanor.net/Atticsaves/index.php?act=category&id=22&start=8

though I don't know if any is appropriate

Here's a list of my saves (played using the DVD version and Bert Jamin's WT).
Quote:
7 Got Lens (Sam)
8 Hannah at Organ Side B
9 Sam after trip to island Hannah first wint to Side A
10 Sam with oil after island trip Side B
11 Sam and Hannah after trip Side A
12 Sam and Hannah back from pearl/oil swap Side B
13 Sam at Lens Collector's Island Side A
14 After entering new coordinates in balloon ship Side B
15 Used Morse code machine, tentacle extended
16 First bridge puzzle solved

1 Bridge lowered
2 Did house-entering/exiting puzzle
3 2nd Bridge puzzle solved
4 Hannah going to Bosh Tunnels
5 Sam before entering new coordinates
6 Sam and Hannah on floating island

#1135396 - 12/16/17 11:05 AM Re: shcizm [Re: Jenny100]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, Jenny - I wondered if I had the right Schizm game and also if there could be a telescope puzzle in both games. Apparently, there is. lol12

#1135397 - 12/16/17 11:13 AM Re: Schizm [Re: maggsie]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

It would be nice if GOG released Schizm 2 (as well as Detalion's next game, Sentinel).
Unlike Schizm, Schizm 2 and Sentinel used a 3D game engine (Jupiter engine) and probably need GOG to make different tweaks so they work on modern Windows.

#1135431 - 12/16/17 02:00 PM Re: Schizm [Re: maggsie]
maggsie Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks to you all. This is the very first " Shcizm " " Mysterious journey."
I have played this game years ago and I got through all the puzzles my self. I cant remember this puzzle been in at all, Bert Jamin said it is only in some of the games
I think I will try and work out how do this crazy puzzle. I was hoping you would know of any tips on how.
Thanks again
Regards
Maggsie

#1135433 - 12/16/17 02:11 PM Re: Schizm [Re: maggsie]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

You might be able to find someone solving this puzzle on a video walkthrough on YouTube, but whether or not that would help explain how to solve it, I don't know.

#1135439 - 12/16/17 02:40 PM Re: Schizm [Re: maggsie]
Marinus_Louis Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: The Netherlands
They released Schizm 1 (Mysterious Journey 1) first on Cd-rom but later also on DVD. The DVD version of the game gives the player more freedom of movement and better grafics but it has also a few extra puzzles to solve, that aren't in the CD-rom version. But the telescope puzzle has to be solved on either versions of the game.

Years ago I have done a good text walkthrough, with screenshots, for Schizm 1 and Schizm 2 (Mysterious Journey 2) but alas......I don't have those walkthroughs any more. Maybe somebody else has those walkthroughs stil on their harddrive

If you succeed in solving the telescope puzzle than you wil face, later on in the game, an even harder task......The Railway bridge puzzle in Schizm 1....thats a real crime to solve, so I wish you succes and sorry that I couldn't be of more help. From the same makers of Schizm 1 comes Schizm 2, Reah Face Unknown and Sentinel. If I remember correctly it's almost impossible to uses somebody elses Saves in your Schizm 1 or Schizm 2 game....It takes a lot of explanation to get that right

Marinus_Louis (Louis Koot)

#1135440 - 12/16/17 03:16 PM Re: Schizm [Re: Marinus_Louis]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Originally Posted By: Marinus_Louis
If I remember correctly it's almost impossible to uses somebody elses Saves in your Schizm 1 or Schizm 2 game....It takes a lot of explanation to get that right

I think it was Schizm 2 and Sentinel that had that problem -- a "feature" of the Jupiter engine. I didn't bother trying to back up saves from Schizm 2 because it looked like there was an entire save folder for each save and maybe save-related files outside the save folder. Someone at Mystery Manor may have worked it out, but it looked harder to me than any puzzle in the actual game.

The first Schizm had a normal one save file per save, with names such as Schizm.s05, Schizm.s06, etc.

I don't know if the GOG version is compatible with saves from the DVD version.

#1135483 - 12/17/17 03:11 AM Re: Schizm [Re: maggsie]
maggsie Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks everyone. I will persevere with the telescope puzzle, as for the bridge puzzle I remember it well LOL
I think I used a lot of paperwork trying to beat the computer, and I did, so I am looking forward to it.
When I pulled out my old WT for this game and saw all my notes in the margin I was thrilled as I remember the great fun of beating the puzzles.
Thanks again I will let you know, not if, but when I succeed. LOL
Regards
Maggsie

#1135494 - 12/17/17 09:19 AM Re: Schizm [Re: maggsie]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

I admire your determination. bravo12

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (BrownEyedTigre, linda333, Draclvr, 1 invisible), 199 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
TayannaStudios, zase11, shldbsleepn, basilbrush64, Nensea78
9023 Registered Users