GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1138379 - 01/13/18 11:06 PM Re: TimeScape Journey to Pompeii [Re: oldbroad]
oldbroad Online   happy
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
Hi RichAlexis wave

Yes, I was glad I was able to eventually get the game installed and replay it. The save situation was a little weird and bothersome. I usually like to save after solving something (such as the donkey part) but it seemed like I could only save prior to starting some new sequence of events, not directly after doing something. In the end, it sort of worked out the same though.

I wrote that at one point during installation I inserted disc 2 even though it was not asked for and that it, of course, didn't do anything. Actually though, I think it did help with some data file that popped up. Anyway, whatever it was, I enjoyed my replay and plan to go back in to visit mode soon also.

#1138388 - 01/14/18 07:01 AM Re: TimeScape Journey to Pompeii [Re: oldbroad]
RichAlexis Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi OldBroad!

Thanks for your comments!

I see what you mean now by the save situation. It's indeed true that you can only save prior to starting some potentially tricky task. Otherwise you run the risk of dying.

I also realize we cannot completely compare our experiences. I own the multilingual DVD version, so it has only one disk, and it is to be expected that installation and playing would function somewhat differently.

Multilingual Pompei game front cover.
Happy gaming! wave2

Best,

Rich

P.S. Here is some reasonably high-resolution original concept art from the game I came across. You can easily download it if you wish. It has a particularly nice view of the House of Venus and the Four Gods ("Taberna della Quattro Divinita"; the gods are Apollo, Jupiter, Mercury and Diana), which was obscured by heavy shadows during gameplay. It is assumed to have been a shop where felt was made and sold. As you can see here, the reconstruction and location are true to what it actually looked like.

#1138423 - 01/14/18 01:22 PM Re: TimeScape Journey to Pompeii [Re: oldbroad]
oldbroad Online   happy
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
I'm glad you understand about the saves. I wasn't sure I was explaining it right. The game booklet says that you can save ANY time but that was not quite accurate in my experience. If only I had figured out sooner when I could actually save, I wouldn't have spent so much time on it, as it did take my focus away from the gameplay. And, of course, I did die several times. lol

Thanks for those links. Very interesting!

#1138991 - 01/19/18 11:29 PM Re: TimeScape Journey to Pompeii [Re: RichAlexis]
Iurii Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
Originally Posted By: RichAlexis

Ah, that's my recent upload to Mobygames smile
The DVD version is not much different from the usual CD - you don't even have to switch the disks in the latter case, as all the game is on 2nd CD except the installation and the intro.

#1139058 - 01/20/18 04:02 PM Re: TimeScape Journey to Pompeii [Re: Iurii]
RichAlexis Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Iurii
Originally Posted By: RichAlexis

Ah, that's my recent upload to Mobygames smile
The DVD version is not much different from the usual CD - you don't even have to switch the disks in the latter case, as all the game is on 2nd CD except the installation and the intro.
Hi Iurii,

I was just wondering if I could tentatively "confront" you with your full name, because I'd already made the connection that you must have been the uploader, but you beat me to it, so there are no beans for me to spill! razz

It's really great that you are uploading so much often little-known cover art, and indeed full game information, to MobyGames. To me at least, they are all pretty obscure, apart from 'Carol Reed', so I assume they make very worthwhile additions.

Best,

Rich

#1139090 - 01/21/18 12:44 AM Re: TimeScape Journey to Pompeii [Re: oldbroad]
Iurii Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
Hi Rich,
Thanks for your kind words smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Draclvr, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (judith, GuybrushThreepwood, family, Draclvr, Sorta Blonde, Marian), 210 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Newest Members
YasserIndieJams, Amerzona, cyane182, preno280, sunika
9031 Registered Users