GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 19 of 20 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 >
Topic Options
#1154354 - 06/18/18 11:06 AM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Jenny100]
TJL Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Finland
Thanks oldbroad, venus and Jenny100! It's comforting to know the remastered version of The Awakened with optional third person view makes playing easier for us suffering from motion sickness.

Having to switch between modes in some rare occasions is not any problem, I found that easiest way in The Testament at times already.

Back to The Testament - I especially enjoyed those somewhat challenging puzzles like finding James' desk in classroom with given hints and 'similar' jungle shooting range puzzle in fun fair. On the opposite all the lock picking puzzles were easiest of all times. One puzzle about which I had no clue at all was disabling the bombs around London using coloured buttons that lit and unlit according pressing them. It was sheer luck I solved it, I admit! crazy

Timo

#1154369 - 06/18/18 01:27 PM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Mad]
oldbroad Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
Sheer luck works for me thumbsup I rely on it frequently myself!

#1154449 - 06/19/18 10:09 AM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: oldbroad]
TJL Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: TJL
One puzzle about which I had no clue at all was disabling the bombs around London using coloured buttons that lit and unlit according pressing them. It was sheer luck I solved it, I admit! crazy

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
Sheer luck works for me thumbsup I rely on it frequently myself!

Thank heavens it was only a game - in real life I would not wish to rely on sheer luck when disarming bombs! laugh

Timo

#1154461 - 06/19/18 02:54 PM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Mad]
sanford Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
I just purchased "Awakened Remastered" from GOG. because of your recommendations. I have the original version, but the graphics on this newer one are awesome. I'm working between the GB WT and Louis's, so I'm covered. LOL
Thanks so much for your input. Boomers.
Sandy

#1154558 - 06/20/18 01:46 PM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: sanford]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
"Awakened" is still my favourite of the Sherlock series thumbsup

Although I haven't tried "The Devil's Daughter" after I read about all the timed stuff it contained thumbsdown

#1154560 - 06/20/18 01:48 PM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Mad]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I think Frogwares has put up saved games for most if not all of the timed stuff in Devil's Daughter - not that this is the ideal way to play a game, but it's better than nothing.

#1154619 - 06/20/18 11:11 PM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, Marian. I didn't know that. But I doubt I'll play it by using lots of saved games. Not much fun there whistle

#1154621 - 06/20/18 11:45 PM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Mad]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Originally Posted By: Mad
Thanks, Marian. I didn't know that. But I doubt I'll play it by using lots of saved games. Not much fun there whistle

I agree - I don't particularly want to play it that way either.

#1155234 - 06/27/18 01:51 PM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

I'm very much looking forward to a re-play of Lighthouse the Dark Being - now I have the GOG version happydance

But sadly, I'm not that far into my re-play of Blade Runner as yet. The two heat waves here in the UK - one recent and one current - have addled my brain and left me incapable of rational (or, for Adventure games, irrational wink ) thought !!

#1155246 - 06/27/18 03:51 PM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Mad]
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hiding Under a Rock
Yes I thought the first Black Mirror was the best..found the next one dull and tedious.
Riven is my all time game of the oldies. loved the whole thing (well the puzz were hard for me but finally with help of walkthrough got them!) but loved the artwork, the flow from one spot to another...the Music!!!!! did like # but after that the action/timed stuff pretty much did me in...such a shame... I still have my winxp. several years ago had a pc person come get and added more oomph to it and when he brought it back i was moving some stuff around and just asked him to set it on the floor (i had it in a large carry bag with a top..remember those BIG HEAVY 'towers'??? Well I STILL have not gotten it back on its table! I can't lift things much anymore and no one else around..but one oe these days !!!!! Will have lots of good gamed to replay. AND i have a whole big bookcase filled with them! Thats when games came in a big box and I drooled when i got one.! got all my boxes too! AND a huge box of printed out walkthroughs!! I think my son is going to come for a visit in a couple months and see if can get him to lift up the XP and help me hood it up.
SAY reminds me..anyone here have one of those Telekin computers i have seen advertised on tv? what do you think of them and are they any good for gaming?

Edited by gamenut (06/27/18 04:23 PM)

#1155334 - 06/28/18 12:07 PM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: gamenut]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: gamenut
anyone here have one of those Telekin computers i have seen advertised on tv? what do you think of them and are they any good for gaming?

Telekin computers don't run Windows. They run a type of Linux -- according to Wikipedia, it's a fork of Tiny Core Linux and customized for Telekin.

Telekin computers have a touch screen and are mainly meant for people who want a computer for email, chat, word processing, web browsing, and similar. They aren't meant for Windows games. They probably have some built-in casual games like Bubble Bobble and Solitaire, which most Linux has. But you'd be very limited in what games you could play on them.

Find out more at the Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telekin
or the website
http://www.telikin.com
http://www.telikin.com/telikin_freedom

#1155344 - 06/28/18 02:18 PM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Mad]
oldbroad Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
Never heard of that Telekin.

I have finished Ankh 2 and will move on to Ankh 3 soon. I'm working on a puzzle in Sentinel that has me going back and forth a lot. I've gotten used to the movement in the game but can't go back and forth too fast or I get sick, and this particular puzzle has me going up and down a spiral 12 story tower. Oh well, I love this game!

#1155345 - 06/28/18 02:25 PM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Mad]
FlyingDutchman42 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: The Netherlands
About the motion sickness.
I also suffer from sensitive eyes,
but I was able to play most of The Awakened,
changing the mouse sensitivity does help
a lot.

luck

Edited by FlyingDutchman42 (06/28/18 02:25 PM)

#1155779 - 07/03/18 12:25 AM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Mad]
Tristy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Oh me too Mad! I love the 3rd Journeyman Project the best grin

Edited by Tristy (07/03/18 12:26 AM)

#1155785 - 07/03/18 12:59 AM Re: Current Re-Plays and Plays :-) [Re: Tristy]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Less having to "mess with gadgets" suits me just fine, Tristy, which is one of the reasons it's my favourite of the series lol

Page 19 of 20 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (Lion_1251, maggsie, bermag45), 237 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
TayannaStudios, zase11, shldbsleepn, basilbrush64, Nensea78
9023 Registered Users