GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1137636 - 01/06/18 04:05 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CaptainD Offline
Settled Boomer

Act I walkthrough is now complete! Click here if you want it

Ana / MAD / Jenny / Whoever - please feel free to copy this straight into a walkthrough on GameBoomers if you want. I understand you may wish to wait for all 3 acts to be done of course.

Edited by CaptainD (01/06/18 04:09 PM)

#1137651 - 01/06/18 09:02 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: CaptainD]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
OK Dave,
Your game purchased, downloaded, and installed. I just printed out your great ACT ONE WT, and "May the fun begin" LOL
Sandy

Just started to play the game. After tweaking some choices in the Compatibility menu, running perfectly.

Edited by sanford (01/06/18 09:56 PM)
Edit Reason: added text

#1137655 - 01/06/18 10:20 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
CaptainD, thank you for letting us use your walkthrough. We will get it added, I may need it in another form, I will let you know.

#1137657 - 01/06/18 10:29 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CaptainD Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks Sandy - hope you enjoy it Sandy! I will try to get the Act II and III walkthroughs finished over the next few days. Don't forget to experiment as well to experience all the cheesy goodness! laugh

#1137780 - 01/07/18 07:53 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: CaptainD]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Dave, I look forward to the rest of your WT, and as for the "cheese", I click on EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. I love all the humor LOL
Sandy

#1137796 - 01/08/18 01:33 AM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
silverspook Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Hawaii
Just picked this up and I will be playing it shortly. smile Will also try to a record a let's play. I've been a patron of CaptainD for some time and it's pretty awesome to finally see the ten years of hard work come to fruition. Kudos, sir!

#1137826 - 01/08/18 10:16 AM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CaptainD Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks Sandy!

Walkthrough for Act II is up - http://www.captaindisasterthecomputergame.com/2018/01/captain-disaster-in-death-has-million_8.html

@Silverspook - thanks for streaming the game, although it's been about 6 years not 10 (think I would have really lost my mind if it had been a full decade, although there's a strong case for no-one noticing the difference if that had happened...)

Silverspook's video is here - http://www.captaindisasterthecomputergame.com/2018/01/playthrough-of-stomping-boots-by.html
JupiterHadley did a Let's Play vid as well - http://www.captaindisasterthecomputergame.com/2018/01/first-lets-play-of-game.html

In case anyone's interested I've also put some more screenshots up:
http://www.captaindisasterthecomputergame.com/2018/01/captain-disaster-in-death-has-million.html
http://www.captaindisasterthecomputergame.com/2018/01/captain-disaster-in-death-has-million_43.html

#1137848 - 01/08/18 03:26 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, Captain D! We will get your walkthrough up on with the GB walkthroughs this week. THank you so much!

#1137850 - 01/08/18 05:35 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: CaptainD]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks for the Act 2 WT, Dave. I'm almost done with Act 1. HOWEVER,
I'm stuck on the "Spinning Color Wheels" puzzle. can't get all the colors set correctly. If there is a tip you can give me on this one I certainly would appreciate it. I apologize to Ana if my post should be listed in "Hints",and I'll make sure that from now on I WILL post these questions in "Hints".
Sandy

Never mind, Dave.
With a little more patience and a lot more concentration, I managed to "beat" that puzzle, finally. Playing Act 2 now.

Edited by sanford (01/08/18 07:35 PM)
Edit Reason: added text

#1137867 - 01/08/18 08:05 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

SAndy, if you require any further help, please post in Hints, thanks so much!

Ana wave

#1137893 - 01/09/18 06:19 AM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CaptainD Offline
Settled Boomer

Glad you got there in the end Sandy - sorry my walkthrough wasn't clear enough! frown

Act III walkthrough is now done - http://www.captaindisasterthecomputergame.com/2018/01/captain-disaster-in-death-has-million_9.html

The game has been updated to v1.01 due to some small / rare bugs being found. Players using v1.00 have no need to update unless they actually encounter problems (savegame files will almost definitely not work between versions unfortunately).

We are working on an updated version of the demo (the old one is from 2012 and we have updated quite a bit since then!) - that should be available on Itch within the next few days.

We will also be putting the game up on FireFlower Games in the near future too.

#1137937 - 01/09/18 03:42 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: CaptainD]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks for Act 3 WT, Dave, but I have one question for you: You said in this post that there MIGHT some "problems" with ver.100. How does this problem show up in the game? So far (and I'm playing ACT 2 right now), I haven't had any technical problems. How can I tell as to which version I have? WHEW!
Sandy

#1137943 - 01/09/18 04:12 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: sanford]
CaptainD Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: sanford
Thanks for Act 3 WT, Dave, but I have one question for you: You said in this post that there MIGHT some "problems" with ver.100. How does this problem show up in the game? So far (and I'm playing ACT 2 right now), I haven't had any technical problems. How can I tell as to which version I have? WHEW!
Sandy

As you downloaded before we did the update, you will have v1.00. Even if you encounter one of the bugs that have been fixed you may not even have realised (they are very small bugs!).

There is one quite nasty bug; however it requires an extremely specific set of actions to activate. This was the report of how it happened (it's near the end of Act III, hidden as puzzle spoiler):

Click to reveal..
"After entering the military base. After turning up the thermostat, I went back behind the fence and turned the invisibility device back on. I then poured the leftover coffee into the vent, then proceeded to immediately move into the nook behind the replicator"

So... don't do that. You very probably wouldn't have done anyway! I think the key issue is not turning the invisibility device back on before you use the coffee on the vent.

#1137982 - 01/09/18 10:12 PM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Of course, Ana. I should have known better in the first place.
Sandy

#1137997 - 01/10/18 03:49 AM Re: Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now Available [Re: sanford]
CaptainD Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: sanford
Of course, Ana. I should have known better in the first place.
Sandy

You can go and sit in the naughty corner - I've kept it warm for you. grin

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (looney4labs, Upsydaisy, BrownEyedTigre, gymcandy1), 221 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Debcon, lucebend, Lethal_Angel, AustriaGame24, 1madmouse
9042 Registered Users