GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Want to offer some of my walkthroughs to Gameboomers #1136972
12/31/17 02:50 PM
12/31/17 02:50 PM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Marinus_Louis  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands

Hi gameboomers:

You my have visited my site at www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl and have seen my game walkthroughs there. Maybe you have used some of my walkthroughs to help you through your game that you are playing. Currently there are 141 walkthroughs on my site, all made by me. I have made much more walkthroughs in the past 25 years, but the 141 walkthroughs that are now on my site are all the walkthroughs I still have personally.

My contract with my host, Strato, gives me 10 gig web space and this is going to be a problem because I foresee that this shall not be enough in the near future, to put newly made walkthroughs on my site. I shall have to remove walkthroughs from the site, to make room for future walkthroughs, because buying extra web space isn't really an option. So my question is this, is gameboomers interested to put 41 of my walkthroughs in the walkthrough section of gameboomers. The walkthroughs are al in the Dutch language. If you want them, here is a list of those walkthroughs......

-Agon Mysterious Codex
-Agon 4: Lost Sword of Toledo
-Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy
-Aura 1: Fate of the Ages
-Aura 2: The Sacred Rings-

-Black Mirror 1
-Black mirror 2
-Black Mirror 3
-Broken Sword 1 The Shadows of the Templars (Not Directors Cut)
-Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror (Not Directors Cut)
-Broken Sword 2 1/2: The Return of the Templars (Free game)

-Carol Reed 9: Cold Case Summer
-Deponia 1
-Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia
-Dirty Split (Free game)
-Gabriël Knight 1: The Sins of the Fathers (Original game, not the Remake)
-Haunted

-Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade
-Indiana Jones: The Fate of Atlantis
-Indiana Jones and the Temple of Spheres (Free game)
-King's Quest 1 VGA remake: Quest For The Crow
-King's Quest 2 VGA Remake: Romancing the Stone
-Lightningmaster (Free game)
-Miskatonic: Episode 1: The Inhuman Stain (Further episodes of this game are not made)

-Myst 1: Masterpiece Edition
-Myst 2: Riven
-Myst 3: Exile
-Myst 4: Revelations
-Myst 5: End of Ages
-Myst: Uru Ages Byond Myst
-Myst: Uru : Expansion pack 1: To D'Nin
-Myst: Uru: Expansion pack 2: The Path of the Shell
-Myst: Uru: Easter Egg

-Obsidian
-Rama
-Rhem 2: The Cave (I'm waiting for Rhem 2SE and then I'll do a new walkthrough)
-Rhem 3: The Secret Library (I'm waiting for Rhem 3SE and then I'll do a new walkthrough)
-Rhiannon: The Curse of the Four Branches
Scizm 2 (Mysterious Journey 2)
-The 7the Guest
-The 11th Hour
-The Filmmaker (For the first edition from 2013)
-The Winter Rose (Free game)
-Tomb Raider 2013 (Because this walkthrough is BIG...takes a lot of space)

Al these walkthroughs are HTML-documents and there are a lot of screenshots in them. Every walkthrough sits in it's own folder wth the name of the game/walkthrough. All together it will be 1,2 gigabyte. There are no tracking codes in any of these walkthroughs and also no viruses. I used to have a Google Analytics account (for the statistics of my site) but I haven't anymore, so I have removed all the Analytics tracking codes from these walkthroughs.

If gameboomers wants these walkthroughs then I could zip them with Winrar and send them to you, through an upload/download service such as WeTransfer (the free function, I do not have an account with them), or through Google Drive, or by any other means you want. All I ask in return is that you do not alter the walkthroughs in any way, and that you leave my name as the writer on it. So, if gameboomers wants these walkthroughs, please let me know and tell my were to sent them to...

Regards: Marinus_Louis (Louis Koot)

Louis Koot
Re: Want to offer some of my walkthroughs to Gameboomers [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1136985
12/31/17 04:00 PM
12/31/17 04:00 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Let me check some things please and I'll get back to you. I will PM you, as this is more of private conversation rather than a public.

Ana

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Want to offer some of my walkthroughs to Gameboomers [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1137589
01/06/18 09:26 AM
01/06/18 09:26 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
I have removed the walkthroughs from my site. But if you need any of those walkthroughs you can email me. I can sent you the walkthrough through an upload/download site such as Wetransfer.

I can not sent you a walkthrough by email because it's to much mb. In order to upload a walkthrough to Wetransfer I must zip it. I use Winrar to zip files. I must have your valid emailadress because I have to fil in your emailadress in Wetransfer.

Wetransfer wil sent you an email with the download link. After downloading you must unzip the file....I assume you know how to unzip an zipt file. If you do not have Winzip or Winrar then Windows can unzip it for you. I use Wetransfer quite often to sent data up to 2 gig, but if you do not know it you can check it out at www.wetransfer.com

Marinus_Louis (Louis Koot)

Louis Koot
Re: Want to offer some of my walkthroughs to Gameboomers [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1137836
01/08/18 02:08 PM
01/08/18 02:08 PM
The Netherlands
R
RichAlexis Offline
Settled Boomer
RichAlexis  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

The Netherlands
Hi Louis,

As this discussion has apparently gone private, I don't know what its status is, but have you considered uploading your walkthroughs to the Internet Archive? I get the impression your site hasn't been backed up by the Wayback Machine, but you could actively upload your own walkthroughs too.

Anyone can register at the Internet Archive, and upload data if it's in the public domain or if you own the rights to it. You can upload files in any language, but you may have to modify the format, to pdf for instance, for easy archiving or reference.

I'm not a fan of all aspects of the Internet Archive, however. Anyone can upload data, which means a lot of media get uploaded on which the original publishers may still hold copyright, and it's because of lack of active moderation that sharing sites like these often fail. Most of these services (also YouTube for instance) leave it to the creator of the media to prove that they have actually published them, and can claim ownership, which is like turning conventional (and many would say: perfectly fair) practice on its head.

On the other hand, since you are clearly the originator, you could give it a try. The fact remains that lots of so-called 'permanent' digital sources are actually constantly under threat from ISPs folding, takeovers by greedy companies, lack of maintenance, sloppy or aggressively imposed software updates, domain hijackers, hackers, shortening lifespans of electronic media, and what have you (I've seen it happen to hundreds of great fansites, special interest (niche) sites and the like), so we have to find alternative ways to preserve what's dear to us.

Best,

Rich

Re: Want to offer some of my walkthroughs to Gameboomers [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1137842
01/08/18 03:25 PM
01/08/18 03:25 PM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Hi RichAlexis

Thanx for your suggestion. It's not up to me to tell about the outcome of a private conversation with Ana about my offer

I know of Internet Archive and Wayback Machine but I don't think my simpel site and my walkthroughs are of that importance to put them in that archive. I'm having a simpel walkthrough site and I'm writing walkthroughs as an hobby and I don't worry much about copyrights. I put a lot of screenshots in my walkthroughs but I do not think that I have the copyright of those screenshots. Under Dutch law I may make and use the screenshots but I don't have copyright over them.....I believe that copyright lies with the developers/publishers of the games.

Marinus_Louis

Louis Koot
Re: Want to offer some of my walkthroughs to Gameboomers [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1137844
01/08/18 03:54 PM
01/08/18 03:54 PM
The Netherlands
R
RichAlexis Offline
Settled Boomer
RichAlexis  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Marinus_Louis
Hi RichAlexis

Thanx for your suggestion. It's not up to me to tell about the outcome of a private conversation with Ana about my offer

I know of Internet Archive and Wayback Machine but I don't think my simpel site and my walkthroughs are of that importance to put them in that archive. I'm having a simpel walkthrough site and I'm writing walkthroughs as an hobby and I don't worry much about copyrights. I put a lot of screenshots in my walkthroughs but I do not think that I have the copyright of those screenshots. Under Dutch law I may make and use the screenshots but I don't have copyright over them.....I believe that copyright lies with the developers/publishers of the games.

Marinus_Louis
Hi Louis,

No, that's not what I implied. This is a suggestion regardless of your private discussions - those aren't my business. I don't think the Internet Archive makes any decisions about the relevance or importance of media. The Wayback Machine shows they're ready to back up whatever websites they can, and I assume it's actually the limited interest media, like your Dutch-language walkthroughs, they would consider as more important to archive than what's readily available to us all.

As for the copyright on screenhots, this should be the least of your worries I think. There are thousands of full gameplay videos on YouTube, and in fact hardly any of the major media publishers I contacted see it as a serious issue that the Internet Archive hosts large numbers of out-of-print, dated items from their catalogue. I assumed they would, and they'd be perfectly entitled to do so, but they are often the very ones who're quick to completely abandon support on them once they've lost their immediate commercal value. So I still believe it would be a good idea to consider the option.

Best,

Rich

Re: Want to offer some of my walkthroughs to Gameboomers [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139071
01/20/18 08:29 PM
01/20/18 08:29 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
Louis, I have been re-playing some of my older games following your magnificent walkthroughs, currently "Dead Synchronicity".
Thank You so much, and welcome to our Gameboomers Community.
Sandy

Louis, would you happen to have a walkthrough of "Black Mirror 1"? I just started to replay this game.

Last edited by sanford; 01/22/18 04:52 PM.
Re: Want to offer some of my walkthroughs to Gameboomers [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139102
01/21/18 08:01 AM
01/21/18 08:01 AM
The Netherlands
R
RichAlexis Offline
Settled Boomer
RichAlexis  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

The Netherlands
Hi Louis,

Just another idea, perhaps.

You could also consider uploading your 'surplus' (Dutch) walkthroughs to a file sharing site like MediaFire as downloads, and link to them from your own site.

I know they aren't readily accessible in this way, but at least they can be shared.

Nothing is permanent, of course, but some of the files I uploaded have been on MediaFire for 8 years now without any problems, and since the walkthroughs are your own creations, there shouldn't be any problem with copyrights. For you know, they use some kind of filter to determine copyrighted content, which means they could get blocked.

Perhaps there are other even more trustworthy file hosting sites, but this is the best I could come up with.

Best,

Rich

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 181 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users