GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough #1138178
01/12/18 06:20 AM
01/12/18 06:20 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Marinus_Louis  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands

I'm not happy with the way on-line translation works. So I have put work on the Syberia 3 walkthrough on hold for a bit and made an English translation of the firs bit of our Dutch Xing walkthrough. You can read this translation here and I would very much appreciate your honest comments on it. Is it good English or must I shame myself because of my spelling and grammar. Can you read and understand it and if so shall I go on with it.

Edit: Thanks to Marian of Gameboomers for some suggestions and some spelling and grammar corrections

Xing: The Land Beyond:

Introduction:

"Click to start" is what you see as you start up your game, so let's do so. You start the game on the main screen. Let's go to the SETTINGS first to set up the game according to your preferences. You can alter audio settings, graphics settings, and gameplay settings; if you have a VR like the Oculus, you can set up your VR settings to play this game in Virtual Reality. Click "Back" when you are satisfied with your settings in order to go back to the main screen.

You must choose a game slot in which you want to play the game; you can choose from the slots A, B and C. In each game slot you can start a new game, so choose a game slot. You will play the game from the game slot of your choice and the game saves your game in that slot. The next thing to do is to choose an animal. You will play the game as the animal of your choice from the game slot of your choice. Click "CONFIRM," then confirm all your choices and click "PLAY" to start your journey through the wonderful lands of XING. We start here:

You are on a white screen and you see a big closed door on the right and a small open door on the left. In front of the big door stands a little console. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you are dead.

This first bit is the TUTORIAL of the game. You'll learn how to move through the game and in the bottom right corner of your screen you'll see an icon that explains this. These explanatory icons will pop up during this tutorial. You move through the game by using the WASD-keys of your keyboard. Further explanation on how the controls work will follow. Now walk forward to that little console. Look at the console; it's not working. This console is for opening the big door but you won't be able to do this now. The whole meaning of your journey through Xing is to go through the big door, so you will end up here at the end of your journey.

So walk to the small door and go through it and you end up in a world with floating islands; before you is a hanging bridge. Go over the bridge to the island and as you do you get a hint about how to run. This is a tutorial so you must do what the game is asking you to do, so run over the bridge to the floating island and then jump through the window to the other side. Go over the next bridge and you'll be at the hole in the rock. The game tells you how to zoom in, so press your Z-key to zoom in to look through the hole in the rock. You are looking into a big cave. Zoom out and walk through the hole into the cave. You are now in:

Zeneth:

On the circle on the ground you'll see the animal of your choice. Further on is a round "pipe" on the ground, with light coming out of it. Walk to that "light pipe" and there are 4 pieces of a plaque coming out of the pipe; these four pieces will come together to form a plaque. Grab the plaque by clicking your left mouse button. You will carry the plaque in your hand. Further on is a pond. Carry the plaque to the pond. Stand on the very edge of the pond, focus the plaque on the pond, and click your right mouse button and hold. You'll see a blue ray and a rose coming out of the pond. Now let go of your right mouse button to throw the plaque into the pond and a disc of light appears in the water of the pond. Go stand on this light disc and a Golem comes out of the water and speaks to you. Listen to what the Golem tells you; he explains where you are and what you must do.

When the Golem is done, he dives into the pond again and a strange blue stone appears above the pond. Stay where you are and look around a bit first. There are 4 large round doors in this Zeneth Cave. By each of these round doors you see a floating white sphere. These spheres are floating above a water pot. Each of these round doors is the entry to one of the worlds of Xing. You must go to all 4 worlds to collect the 4 lost souls, who are lost in these worlds, and bring them back to Zeneth to give them their final resting place. Behind the pond is a closed gate.

First, go to each of the four floating white spheres. When you approach a sphere it disappears and you'll see a message. You will see numerous white spheres of this kind during your travels through the lands of Xing; they give you hints and messages such as the ones you see here now. When you have seen all four messages of the 4 spheres, go to the locked gate behind the pond. Read the message that's on the gate. Behind this gate is the Forest, but you need one shining rune to open the gate. This is another task you have to do in the worlds of Xing; namely, to find the Rune stones.

In front of each of the 4 round doors is a circle, but at only one door does that circle have a white light; it is the round door to the right of the closed gate. Go to that round door, stand on the light circle, and the big round door opens. Through the now-open door you see a glass mosaic door with a blue button in front of it. Walk to the blue button and press it and the glass mosaic door breaks into a thousand pieces. Go through the opening and a big colorful circle will appear; this circle will transport you to the first world of Xing - Itzali Point.

This is it so far. If your comments are not to negative I, and Dick, will take the effort to translate the whole Xing walkthrough in to readable English, but don't hurry us, it will take some time. I shall make it as a HTML document and put al the screenshots into it and upload it to my site

You can leave your comments here, for anyone to see, or you can e-mail them to me through my e-mailadress. You'll find my e-mailadress on my site. Just click on my name there to sent me your e-mail. My site is at www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl

Marinus_Louis

Last edited by Marinus_Louis; 01/12/18 03:06 PM. Reason: correction of spelling and grammar

Louis Koot
Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1138224
01/12/18 01:14 PM
01/12/18 01:14 PM
United Kingdom
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer
Laurie  Offline
Settled Boomer

United Kingdom
Your English and spelling are excellent, I shall await your follow up to your walkthrough because I shall probably need it knowing me!!!
Thank you
Laurie

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1138234
01/12/18 03:41 PM
01/12/18 03:41 PM
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer
Lion_1251  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Laurie,

Marinus_Louis and me,Lion_1251 have decided to translate our walkthrough of Xing.
You have to have a little bit of patience because we write faster in Dutch than in English.
We starting tomorrow.

You can see the progress on the site of Louis: www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl
We hope to make not too many faults in the grammar and the spelling.

Marinus_Louis and Lion_1251

Last edited by Lion_1251; 01/12/18 03:42 PM. Reason: grammar and speling
Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Lion_1251] #1138241
01/12/18 04:31 PM
01/12/18 04:31 PM
United Kingdom
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer
Laurie  Offline
Settled Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi Lion_1251,I have all the patience under the sun if I think something is worth waiting for which I definitely think your walkthrough will be,actually I am over the moon you have decided to do this it will give me something to wait for,many,many thanks.
Laurie

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1138267
01/12/18 09:34 PM
01/12/18 09:34 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Very much appreciated Marinus_Louis and Lion_1251! wave

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: oldbroad] #1138289
01/13/18 09:22 AM
01/13/18 09:22 AM
United Kingdom
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer
Laurie  Offline
Settled Boomer

United Kingdom
Welcome on board are you playing Xing too? It is a beautiful game can’t wait for the full walkthrough.
Laurie

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1138302
01/13/18 11:28 AM
01/13/18 11:28 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Hi Laurie

I'm now working with full speed on the translation of the firs page of the Iztali world of Xing. I'm almost halfway through with that page. I'm hoping that I can upload it to my site tomorrow, sunday. Here in holland it is now saterday afternoon and my wife is calling because we have to go the the shopping mall to do some shopping for diner.

Marinus_Louis

Louis Koot
Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1138303
01/13/18 11:34 AM
01/13/18 11:34 AM
United Kingdom
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer
Laurie  Offline
Settled Boomer

United Kingdom
Welcome to the female world of shopping I have done mine so I can now get on with Xing but I shall look forward to seeing your walkthrough page tomorrow (Sunday) fingers crossed you manage it.
Laurie

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1138322
01/13/18 02:05 PM
01/13/18 02:05 PM
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer
Lion_1251  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Laurie,

While Marinus_Louis is busy with the translation of world 1 of Xing: Iztali Point, I have started the translation of world 2 of Xing: Nahele Rain.

Follow the progresss on the site.

Lion_1251

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1138392
01/14/18 09:02 AM
01/14/18 09:02 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
The first part of the English translation of Iztali Point is now on my site at www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl

Must say that I had expected some more response, given the fact that there is allways a demand for text walkthrough here. But I guess that's how it is these days. Anyway I give it a rest for a bit now because Kate Walker awaits me to go dive into the lake with here and I don't want her to do this alone....Far to dangerous.

Marinus_Louis

Last edited by Marinus_Louis; 01/14/18 09:16 AM. Reason: forgot something

Louis Koot
Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Lion_1251] #1138393
01/14/18 09:16 AM
01/14/18 09:16 AM
United Kingdom
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer
Laurie  Offline
Settled Boomer

United Kingdom
:I look forward to the next stage,I am trying myself with a little success but will always need help .
Thank you Lion _1251

Laurie

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1138796
01/18/18 11:57 AM
01/18/18 11:57 AM
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer
Lion_1251  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Lauri,

The first world of Xing, Iztali Point, and the first part of world 2, Nahele Rain is now on the website of Marinus_Louis.
You can find it at www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl.

Lion_1251

Last edited by Lion_1251; 01/18/18 11:58 AM. Reason: wrong punctuation
Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139031
01/20/18 12:35 PM
01/20/18 12:35 PM
United Kingdom
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer
Laurie  Offline
Settled Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi Lion _1251,the walkthrough looks great I can’t say how grateful I am I have been blundering about being successful in some manoeuvres but I will get on much better now, thank you very much.

Laurie

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139056
01/20/18 04:41 PM
01/20/18 04:41 PM
The Netherlands
R
RichAlexis Offline
Settled Boomer
RichAlexis  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

The Netherlands
I hadn't seen this thread before, so I failed to comment on it.

I don't know the game Xing, but your translation is great, not just as far as the English is concerned, but also very clear as a walkthrough - and I compared it with the Dutch original on your site.

It does help a lot, I reckon, that the game is in English, so a lot of the terms and objects used in the game don't have to be translated.

Wonderful to have these on our site! Keep up the good work - but just take your time!

Best,

Rich

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139104
01/21/18 09:18 AM
01/21/18 09:18 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Hi RichAlexis:

Thank you for your kind remarks. Xing is indeed in English. When you have the chance to get it, please do because it's such a wonderfull game to play. You say that you have compared the English version with the Dutch version, so can you understand Dutch?.

Marinus_Louis

Hi Lauri

I have just uploaded the updated version of the English walkthrough and it's now completed until the end of the Nahele Rain world. But I have to put it on hold now for a few days because I have been taken down with a nasty case of the flu. We have a flu epedemic here in Holland/ The Netherlands and so far a did escaped it but now it has got me too, and it is a nasty kind of the flu. Hope to survive this in a couple of days

Marinus Louis

Last edited by Marian; 01/21/18 11:07 AM. Reason: combined stacked posts

Louis Koot
Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139117
01/21/18 11:08 AM
01/21/18 11:08 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I hope you feel better soon, Louis. Take care.

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139124
01/21/18 12:01 PM
01/21/18 12:01 PM
United Kingdom
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer
Laurie  Offline
Settled Boomer

United Kingdom
Sorry to hear you have this very nasty flu,we have it also it is called The Australian Flu over here nasty,nasty.
Got the English walkthrough and am trying to print it off for some reason it will only print page one??
Hope you get well soon and are back with fighting spirit !!!!

Laurie

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139131
01/21/18 12:58 PM
01/21/18 12:58 PM
The Netherlands
R
RichAlexis Offline
Settled Boomer
RichAlexis  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Marinus_Louis
Hi RichAlexis:

Thank you for your kind remarks. Xing is indeed in English. When you have the chance to get it, please do because it's such a wonderfull game to play. You say that you have compared the English version with the Dutch version, so can you understand Dutch?.
Well, I am Dutch! And I just survived a nasty bout of glandular fever (Pfeiffer in Dutch, but not in English, fortunately), followed by the flu, so I sympathize with you and wish you good luck!

Best,

Rich

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139233
01/22/18 10:56 AM
01/22/18 10:56 AM
United Kingdom
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer
Laurie  Offline
Settled Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi Louis, I think once people realise what a lovely game this is more will be buying it,and THEN they will need a walkthrough just like me!!!

Laurie

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139272
01/22/18 03:02 PM
01/22/18 03:02 PM
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer
Lion_1251  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Lauri,

You are right, Xing is a very beutifull game. I have played the game now 3 times.
First to find out everthing, the second time I made the Dutch walkthrough and the third time just for my own fun.

I don't how far you are now but in Hyaku Lake and in the Desert of Naar you will find several difficult puzzles.

I am now busy with the translation of the last world: The Steps of Akasha. At the end is a big puzzle.

you have to wait a little while before you see them on the website because Louis is ill.

I saw that you have trouble to print the walkthrough, another way to do this is select all and copy and paste to a wordducument, then print it.
I did that a couple of years ago now I save the webpage offline and then use a laptop on the side.

Have fun with the game

Lion_1251

Last edited by Lion_1251; 01/22/18 03:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Lion_1251] #1139358
01/23/18 05:26 AM
01/23/18 05:26 AM
United Kingdom
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer
Laurie  Offline
Settled Boomer

United Kingdom
:Hi lion_1251, have managed to get the walkthrough thank you very much,now I shall continue with the game with a light heart !!! HopeLouis is feeling better.
Laurie

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139360
01/23/18 05:55 AM
01/23/18 05:55 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Right.....The worst effects of the Flu are over, but I'm still a bit shaky an on antibiotics. But I've seen enough of my bed the last couple of days, so lets move on. I shall continue with the Xing walkthrough and also with the Syberia 3 walkthrough.

Lauri....is it not very costly to print out the Xing walkthrough with all those screenshots in it? Can't you put it on a second screen? Or a tablet or a laptop?

Marinus_Louis

Louis Koot
Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139368
01/23/18 08:41 AM
01/23/18 08:41 AM
United Kingdom
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer
Laurie  Offline
Settled Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi Louis,pleased to hear you are feeling better it will take a while to shake it off completely but at least Spring is just around the corner and you will have that to look forward to. Yes I do put the walkthrough onto a tablet but there is nothing like having a printed w/t in your hand,anyway in 3 weeks time my husband and I are off to sunny Spain where we will hopefully get away from all the snow we have been having lately.

Laurie

Re: Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1139383
01/23/18 01:27 PM
01/23/18 01:27 PM
United Kingdom
Laurie Offline
Settled Boomer
Laurie  Offline
Settled Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi Louis, have got the whole walkthrough now so I am a happy lady,will keep watching for the next instalment!!?
Laurie

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Orion, OrleansBelle, soot, connie), 261 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users