GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1098976
01/31/17 07:34 PM
01/31/17 07:34 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Another change for new characters. It used to be when reaching level 10 you would get Emergency Fleet Pass which would automatically be added to your skill bars. Now it doesn't. You have to look press P then look in General skills to find it and if you want it on a your bar manually add it.

Also Raguhoul Plague is on Alderaan again.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1099455
02/04/17 09:20 AM
02/04/17 09:20 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Quote:
JUMP INTO YOUR FAVORITE IN-GAME EVENTS ALL THROUGH FEBRUARY!

250% Bonus XP Event: February 7 - April 10
250% Bonus Command XP Event: February 7 - April 10
Bounty Contract Week: February 14 - 21
Relics of the Gree Event: February 28 – March 7

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1100670
02/13/17 08:25 AM
02/13/17 08:25 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
When you reach level 60 heroics stop giving armor pieces and start giving items you can trade to KOTFE base npcs to increase their sanctification. Even if you reach level 60 still doing class storyline. When you reach level 70 (current max) even if your still in class story, you start getting command points. One one my characters got to Command Level 4 while still in class story chapter. Items from the chests are now mostly legacy bound instead of character, so you can put in storage for another character to use. Some items still bound to the character that earned them, armor or weapons usable by the character for example. Modifiable armor or weapons with no stats until modified are legacy. But those are worth 100 command if you destroy them instead, so I do.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1100713
02/13/17 01:01 PM
02/13/17 01:01 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I love games that let you share items. Not fun to have to do the same line over and over when you are an alt-aholic.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1108299
04/24/17 08:35 AM
04/24/17 08:35 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I've canceled my subscription. Haven't been playing. I also canceled my Bigh Fish membership.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1134398
12/07/17 03:37 PM
12/07/17 03:37 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I've been out of the game for quite awhile. Decided to maybe get back into it, What a shock I received when reading the notes on the lastest updates. First thing I saw in the update note was a new flashpoint (group play) in which you go after the traitor Theron Shan.

When I quit I had completed Knights of the Fallen Empire but not Knights of the Eternal Throne. Well it turns out of course your character eventually takes the throne. But in order for the game to continue something has to go wrong of course. So what goes wrong? According to what I've just read a traitor appears among your ranks. Which means another companion is going bye bye. So I guess you should not romance Shan. He's a traitor against the Alliance because his goal was always the destruction of the Eternal Throne and doesn't like your taking command of it even though your intention if lightside, is to use it to bring peace. If darkside you just want to be a dictator.

They must have lost a lot of players or they just made two huge US servers (3 European). Because my characters been moved to new servers and as a result about 1/4 have to be renamed if I choose to place those. Which sucks because the names are what I wanted. Anyway since no longer a subscriber I'm limited to how many I can unlock to play again until I resubscribe.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/08/17 05:12 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1134420
12/07/17 08:24 PM
12/07/17 08:24 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Odd new feature. You dont actually have to board your ship to travel. You just bring up the galaxy map and you can travel however you will end up outside your ship and if your quest requires you to talk to someone inside your ship you will have to go there anyway. If you want to go to a planet outside your normal quests this will get you there faster but if doing class quests you may as well return to your ship anyway before traveling.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1134431
12/07/17 11:28 PM
12/07/17 11:28 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Always a little disorienting going back. I hope most of the changes are good ones. Enjoy!

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1134439
12/08/17 12:22 AM
12/08/17 12:22 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Some of the limits for not being a subscriber are annoying.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1134481
12/08/17 11:39 AM
12/08/17 11:39 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I'm sure they are. Any thoughts of resubscribing?

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1134512
12/08/17 05:13 PM
12/08/17 05:13 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Only if I decided to finish Knights of the Eternal Throne, its only available to subscribers.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1134784
12/11/17 02:45 PM
12/11/17 02:45 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I deleted Korishi, one of the characters that needed to be renamed. He's done with class story and I would have to subscribe to have him do Knights. And since I didn't have a differnet name for him I just deleted him.

They changed smugglers and imperial agents so they no longer take cover to use their best skills. Which is confusing me.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/11/17 02:46 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1134981
12/12/17 05:11 PM
12/12/17 05:11 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I entered queue for "activity" to get a random group in any flash point. Despite no longer being a subscriber and being less than lever 70 I got put in the Knights of Eternal Throne flashpoint (level 70) at the end of which the identity of the traitor is revealed. The group was made up of mostly under leveled people and although the game buffs those under level 70 we couldn't beat the second boss and everybody else quit. So obviously I have access to the flash point but not the quests that lead up to it. I saw the masked traitor twice.

In fact I went through 3 failed attempt at random flashpoints before finding a group that could finish one. The reason for doing a random FP is there is a weekly quest for that. You enter the queue and have to complete what ever FP it tosses you in.
It was funny I kept getting level 49 armor drops on a lever 46 character. She made it to level 49 doing normal quests.

Because I was formerly a subscriber I still have access to the Knigths of Fallen Empire companions the smuggler and the bounty hunter through devices my characters get in the in game mail which lets me summon them without having access to the actual quests. I also still get the jedi knight from the lightside/darkside contest.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/12/17 05:12 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1135028
12/13/17 12:19 AM
12/13/17 12:19 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Attention citizens of the Republic/Empire, it is not advised to travel to the contested world of Alderaan at this time as there has been an outbreak of Rakghoul Plague. Have a Happy Life Day.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1135078
12/13/17 12:47 PM
12/13/17 12:47 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Oh dear, stay away wavegirl

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1135367
12/16/17 02:15 AM
12/16/17 02:15 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I previously talked about how staring Knights of the Fallen Empire causes you to lose you companions. The following can return during either Knights of the Fallen Empire or Knights of the Eternal Throne:

Note: they are recrutible by all classes not just their original classes.

Jedi Knight:
T7-01: automatically joins you as part of the KOTFE story
Doc: (possible husband for female knight) Missing in Action (MIA)
Kira Carson: (possible wife for male knight) MIA
Lord Scourge: MIA
Sgt Rusk: recrutible KOTFE

Jedi Consular:
Quzen Fess: recrutible KOTFE
Nadia Grell (possible wife): MIA
Felix Iresso (possible husband): MIA
Zenith: MIA
Tharan Cedrax: MIA

Trooper:
Aric Jorgan: (possible husband): joins as part of KOTFE story (can be killed or banished)
M1-4X: recruitable KOTFE (Republic characters only)
Tanno Vik: (original voice actor deceased) will meet but will not join you (can be killed) (only returning companion who is not actually recrutible)
Yuun: recruitable KOTFE
Elara Dorne: (possible wife) recrutible KOTET (can only get her or Malavi Quinn) apparently if trooper makes dark side choices in KOTE she will reject her husband in KOTET

Smuggler:
Corso Riggs: (possible husband) MIA
Guss Tano: recruitable KOTFE
Risha Drayen: (possible wife): MIA
Bowdaar: recrutible KOTFE
Akaavi Sparr: (possible wife): MIA

Sith Warrior:
Vette:(possible wife): joins as part of KOTFE story
Jaesa Willsam: (possible wife): MIA
Major Pierce: recrutible KOTFE (Empire characters only)
Broonmark: recuribtle KOTFE
Captain Malavi Quinn: (possible husband) recruitble KOTET (can only get him or Elara Dorne) (can be killed)

Sith Inquisitor:
Khem Val: MIA
Talos Drellik: recruitble KOTFE
Xalek: recrutible KOTFE (can be killed)
Andronikos Revel: (possible husband) MIA
Asjara Zavros: (possible wife): MIA

Imperial Agent:
Kalyo Djannis: (possible wife): joins as part of KOTFE store (can be killed/banished)
SCORPIO: joins as part of KOTFE, villain in KOTET
Doctor Eckard Lokin: recruitible KOTFE
Ensign Reina Temple: (possible wife) recrutible KOTET
Vector Hyllus: (possible husband): MIA

Bounth Hunter:
Mako: (possible wife) MIA
Torian Cadara: recrutible KOTFE
Blizz: recrurtible KOTFE
Gault Renaow: joins as part of KOTFE story
Skadge recruitble KOTFE (can be killed)

Ship Droids:
2V-R8: (Empire) recruited KOTFE - both are in alliance base, both become your companions
C2-N2: (Republic) recruited KOTFE - has daily quest

So to sum up:
Jedi Knight possible spouses both missing (they just dont want jedi married)
Jedia Consular possible spouses both missing (they just dont want jedi married)
Trooper both possible spouses return
Smuggler possible spouses both missing
Sith Warrior one of two possible wives returns, possible husband returns
Sith Inquisitor possible spouses both missing
Imperial Agent both possible wives return, possible husband missing
Bounty Hunter: possible wife missing, possible husband returns

Theron Shan, Lana Beniko and Koth Vortena are main characters in KOTFE and KOTET. They are romanceble (by either gender, class companions are restricted to opposite sex). Depending on your light or dark choices Koth may leave the alliance. As previous;y mentioned Theron betrays the Alliance. Apparently Koth will return in KOTET and its possible then to kill him.

Note: some former companions can be killed instead of recruited. At one point in KOTFE one class companion will die during the story, you have control of which of two possibilities, Vette or Torian. Not having played through KOTET I'm note sure if any die during that story.

Note: all class companions (including ones killed) can be summoned through an item at alliance base, but this is just so you can have them available for your use. Plot wise the missing are still missing and the deceased are still dead.

HK51, Treek and other misc companions will also disappear but will return without explanation once you reach alliance base

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1135507
12/17/17 11:57 AM
12/17/17 11:57 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Star Forces server:
Sasa Lii completed Jedi Knight chapter 1: 12/14/17

Satele Shan server:
Raiini completed Smuggler chapter 1: 12/14/17
Incendios completed Bounty Hunter chapter 1: 12/16/17

While I was gone they had an event which reward a sith companion which I think was the sith the Dark vs Light event would have given if the Dark had won. Since I was not playing in November I can't get the companion or the mini pet. Not that I need either.

Combine servers was supposed to increase group play. In other words I was right, they didnt have enough players on the original 8 North American servers or 9 European servers, a total of 17, so they reduced them to 2 and 3, a total of 5. And then made an event to celebrate this "improvement". Well could be worse, they could have just shut the gamed down. Someday they probably will.

According to a video on youtube there is another flash point coming in 2018. Apparently the traitor gets away at the end of the previous one. So apparently Knights of the Eternal Throne is not quite finished.

One sight claims that despite the reduction in servers SWTOR is still number 4 in top played MMORPGs. So maybe there is hope for the MIA companions after all.

Bioware's licensing agreement runs through 2023. So theoretically it could run until then. Practically, it depends on how long it makes more money than it costs to operate. For excample: Arenanet continues to run the original Guild Wars, five year after Guild Wars 2, they just don't update it. They did have updates planned but they dropped them with the creation of Guild Wars 2, which never lived up to the hype. In fact GW2 is now free to play (without the expansions).

I will probably resubscribe for a month at some point to do KOTET.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/17/17 01:47 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1135588
12/18/17 10:56 AM
12/18/17 10:56 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
You'll have to let us know what you think of KOTET wavegirl

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1135621
12/18/17 02:55 PM
12/18/17 02:55 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
My young cousin does not like the new movie. I was going to say hates but that's properly too strong a word. I think people tend to over use the words love and hate. I haven't seen it yet. The problem is he and I do not agree on the prequels. There his generations Star Wars where mine is the original 3. We do agree on Rogue One, which is the best of the new films. So I can't necessarily go by what he thinks. I'll have to see it myself. I'll probably wait for it to show up on Netflix though.

Back to SWTOR: the fourth character I unlocked (when you let your subscription lapse they lock all your characters if you have more than the free to play limit) is about to finish imperial agent chapter 2.

I don't know if its another limit placed on non subscribers but I can no longer go from stronghold to my ship or to fleet. Which is annoying because when you're doing chapters if you use the map to travel to next planet you appear outside your ship and have to inside of it to use the holoterminal, or intercom or talk to an NPC standing inside the ship. The only way to get to ship before your travel now is go to current planet's landing port or to fleets docking bay. Which is more time consuming.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1136332
12/24/17 03:29 PM
12/24/17 03:29 PM
Revachol
F
Fireflower Offline
Settled Boomer
Fireflower  Offline
Settled Boomer
F

Revachol
I'm quite old so I grew up with the original three movies. I like the new movie (VIII), watched it a couple of days ago, liked it more than the one before that (VII). But I also like the newer movies (I, II and III), well at least II and III. Rogue One is also my favorite of all new movies.

Played SWTOR many years ago, miss it a bit, but don't have time to play it nowadays. Guess a lot has changed since I played it.

Play story rich DRM-free games. Have fun and improve the world - https://fireflowergames.com/
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1136338
12/24/17 04:45 PM
12/24/17 04:45 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Some body in game was asking a game plot question and when they got answers somebody else complained about spoilers, in a game that's celebrating six years (with free in game stuff). So I guess there are still new players, that's a good sign. Then turned around and started spoiling the just released movie, which I havnen't seen yet. I had to ignore chat.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1136400
12/25/17 09:29 AM
12/25/17 09:29 AM
Revachol
F
Fireflower Offline
Settled Boomer
Fireflower  Offline
Settled Boomer
F

Revachol
Good to hear (not the spoiler though:).

Play story rich DRM-free games. Have fun and improve the world - https://fireflowergames.com/
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1138033
01/10/18 12:16 PM
01/10/18 12:16 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Okay, the hunkering down to use skills still exists for gunslinger and sniper but not scoundrel or operative (the stealthy versions of smuggler and agent).

I haven't bought any but the game now has storage devices you can summon in the field to put stuff away. I just go to stronhold and use storage there. I had coins left over from when I was a subscriber but I used most of them on other things.

If I want to resubscribe its actually cheaper to buy a 90 day pass on Amazon, which includes some bonus coins than to subscribe through the game. Also the 90 day pack just expires doesn't auto renew you.

I'm a bit confused as to whether I have to resubscribe or not for Knights of the Eternal Throne. When i do random flash points I sometimes get thrown into KOTET flashpoints. It may be that once a subscriber you keep the expansions you had access to before you just cant have as many characters, dont earn experience as fast (although its still insanely quick) and when you get over $200,000 in credits the game starts warning you that you're close to $350,000 none subscriber limit. I just put $100,000 credits in the legacy storage. I have no idea what the limit on that is but I have a couple million in there. I can only access $350,000 per characters which means I cant buy any of the million plus credit items other players sell.

What' I'd like to get is the underwater stronghold they added after popular demand but I can't carry the credits as a and I don't have enough of the cartel coins to do it that way. I'd have to buy that 90 day pass.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1138401
01/14/18 11:12 AM
01/14/18 11:12 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
January 23, 2018 update will add:
new operation
return Risha & Corso (both smuggler, both possible spouses) - first time two companions from same class returning together
return Andronikos (sith inquisitor, possible spouse for female)

Later updates:
new flashpoint
more companions returning

Turns out I can do main storyline of Knights of the Eternal Throne without resubscribing but I can't do the some of the optional group stuff.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 01/14/18 11:24 AM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1138404
01/14/18 12:01 PM
01/14/18 12:01 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
It's good you can do the main story without subbing. Have fun wave

-Roger Caras
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (jboliver), 305 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users