GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1171704
12/14/18 12:35 AM
12/14/18 12:35 AM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Jedi Under Siege Launch Trailer

Thought for a second they were going to spoil the surprise but the did not show what the lady sith saw in that box.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1171737
12/14/18 11:45 AM
12/14/18 11:45 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Glad they didn't spoil it wavegirl

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1171764
12/14/18 04:55 PM
12/14/18 04:55 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Most people seem to either love it or hate it. I'm not most people I dont like it but its too strong to say I hate it. I just wish dead characters would stay dead. First it was Revan, then the Sith Emperor and now.....

Hopefully Vitiate aka Valkorian is in fact permanently dead. BTW Emperor Palpitane was a wimp compared to Emperor Vitiate, who destroyed all life on not one but two planets just using "Dark Force Rituals", he didn't need a "Death Star" and who was essentially immortal since his spirit could take possession of other people's bodies when the body he is currently using is dying. He only falls because he tried to control the one person more strong willed then him, your character. Of course the Emperor himself never actually explains his actions, its suggested by others that destroying all life on a planet is linked to the body swapping and needs to be recharged every few thousand years but he neither confirms nor denies it before his demise.

If you play Empire side of Jedi Under Siege first like I did the surprise is probably more of a surprise than if you did the Republic first because its mentioned in the Republic story.

I was pleasantly surprised that Imperial Agent who is now working for the Republic actually got a scene in which an imperial solder chews him out for siding with the Republic on Ioketh and warns him not to betray her. All through Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne I hopeed that ex-Republic spy Theron would call my imp agent aside to say something about his being a Double Agent working for the Republic but he never did. So its a nice touch to have NPC notice he "temporarily" switched sides.

There are two ways to sabotage the Empire. And I would guess two ways to sabotage the Republic as well. Should be more in the future. Your first act of loyalty or sabotage is mentioned as effecting the amount of damage avoided or inflicted on the Emperor's forces by Republic forces. Your second act of sabotage is reflected in the Emperor's dialog at the end of the mission. I would guess similar results for Republic Loyalists and Saboteurs.

There are two possible new Emperors depending on whether you sided with the Empire or the Republic on Iokath during "Fractured Alliances".
Click to reveal..

After the final demise of former Emperor Vitiate (originally a red skinned true Sith male, later because of body swapping a male human named Valkorian) the empire is led by a female human, Empress Acina. If you side with the Empire she survives into Jedi Under Siege and you will receive a communication from her and the end of Jedi Under Siege.

If you side with the Republic then the Empress dies and is replaced with a male pure bred Sith, Emperor Vowrawn (who aided the Sith Warrior player during their story line). Ironically to see him Emperor your Sith Warrior has to betray the Empire and actually be working to undermined your old friend.

The Galatic Republic being a democracy changes leaders regularly. And they don't have one person who is in charge of everything. THey have a Supreme Chancilor who's the head politician and a Supreme Commander who runs the military. You don't deal with either in Jedi Under Siege. You work with a general who's acting on his own initiative. So it doesn't really matter whether the Supreme Commander survives Iokath or not. Except to one of your companions from the Alliance who is his estranged son.

Oh, I think the writers added return of Jaesa former Sith Warrior companion as an after thought. She only appears for Sith Warrior and has no real part in the plot. On the other hand former Jedi Knight companion "Doc" and former Jedi Consular companion Nadia appear together during the Republic story for every Republic character and separately later on, actually taking part in the story. Then Doc would leave with your Jedi Knight character or Nadia with your Jedi Consular character at the end. Nadia who your Consular last saw as your padawan is now a full fledged Jedi. Doc's ego is as big as ever and he has apparently been living under a rock for 6 years as he has never heard of the Alliance your character leads.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/15/18 03:27 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1171899
12/16/18 03:04 PM
12/16/18 03:04 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
In the movies Sith are people who follow the Sith code and are "darkside" Force users. In some of the books and in the game the Sith were originally a race of red skinned Force users who breed with humans. Those who followed the Sith code became known as Sith whatever their race. Breeding with humans and centures of war against the Jedi eventually cause the trush Sith to become all but extinct. Even in the game most Sith are not of the race, most are human with more and more "aliens' being accepted as Sith. By the time of the movies the Sith have been reduced to 2 (because of a misunderstood rule put for by one of the later Sith. its usually misqioted as meaning there can ONLY ever be 2 Sith but he actually meant there must never be less than 2, a Master and a apprentice, or the Sith would cease to exist. Darth Sideious misunderstood the rule and once he had Vader he didn't think he neeed any other Sith). In the current movies the no longer exist. There are Dark Jedi but they don't follow the Sith Code so are not considered Sith.

Original;y the Sith had an empire rivaling the Galactic Republic in size and strength. It existed for thousands of year, under a single Emperor. Unlike the Republic which had to elect new Chancellors often. Emperor Vitiate used a Dark Ritual which he never devolged the secret of to swap bodies. Thus becoming essentially immortal (but not as it turned out invulnerable) For centuries the galaxy was at peace. Because neither the Jedi nor the Sith were aware of each others existence. It wasn't until both sides developed hyperdroves that they could cross the galaxy and having discovered each fought each other over expanding their empires. The Jedi and the Republic win the first war, driving the Sith and their people into exile. But centuries later they return to take vengeance. The returned Sith Empire took the Galactic Republic by surprise and could probably have wiped the Republic ought. But then to everyone's surprise the Emperor accepted a peace treaty. Why? Because Vitiate needed to kill trillions of people all at once, for his next Dark Ritual to render himself not only immortal but all powerful. War was too slow. His intention was to kill everything living thing in the galaxy then move on to conquering the rest of the universe. While exploring Wild Space, as space outside the known galaxy was called he discovered a a planet ruled over by a man named Valkorian. Vitiate took possession of this man's body and turned his little kingdom into the Eternal Empire, probably with the intention of using it to wipe out the Republic, The Sith Em[ire, The Hutts and everyone else in the galaxy. But suddenly he felt something he hadn't felt in centuries, an interest in a woman. He fathered two sons and a daughter. One of the sons murdered the other and tried to kill him, all he did of course was kill the original Valkorian. Vitiate took possession of the Outlander and used him to try to regain his thrown. So he could carry out his plan of galactic destruction. While he was waiting his son and daughter did a pretty good job of destroying the galaxy bit by bit but his ritual needs it to happen enmasse. Fortunately for whats left of the Republic and the Sith Empire, The spirit belonging Vitiate's new host refused to vacate its body and eventually defeated the spirit of the Eternal Emperor.

Sometimes between the game and the movies the Sith Empire will fall, the Galarci Republic will take over Imperial planets. Survinng Sith Lords will go into hiding. But the Galactic senate was already corrupt and self serving and so the seeds of its collapse and replacement with a new Empire, ruled over by a Sith were sown. Of course that new Sith Emperor would himself fall. But the empire he created would continue on without him.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/17/18 12:22 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1171919
12/16/18 06:45 PM
12/16/18 06:45 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
So much history to these games wavegirl

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1172057
12/17/18 10:27 PM
12/17/18 10:27 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
They've announced its a bug giving both versions of Jaese to Sih Warrior and they are going to fix it.

I'm not sure but I think the conversation beteen by sith insuqistor (ls) and Asahara (his previosly missing wife) was not correct. In it he claims to have been looking for her for 6 years, but that would mean that the events from Knights of the Fallen Empire Knights of the Eternal Throne and Fractured Alliances took 6 years. And I don't think thats right. Your character is frozen in carbonite for 5 years, not aware his spouse and friends are missing until thawed out.

I went back and updated the still missing companions list. Jedi Knightg and Jedi Consular only classes still missing two companions. Male Jedi Knight who romanced Kira only class still missing his wife.

Which ever side you pick in Jedi Under Siege some of your alliance members will send you disapproving letters, They wont leave they just warn you to expect them to help you fight their side they will stay to fight any common foes.

I did the KOFTE, KOTET and Fractured Alliance son a dark side character for the first time. A dark jedi he killed friends and foes alike. I won't do that again its just too nasty even for just a game. If I take another dakrside character into that part of the game he will have to make some light joices like not killing allies who turn temporary enemies. And he wont leave Theron to die that was just too sad. MOst dark choices are kill a captured enemy not abandon a former friend. I know its just a game but being that nasty made me feel bad. So I have to play all lightside characters for awhile.

Update 5;10A today fixed some bugs and for those who subscribed by December 14 a new companion. If your ahcaracter has done KOTFE you will receive an alert to go to your base and speak to him in the cantaina. You will also receive mail containing a device to summon him on characters not yet doing KOTFE. You will still get the Alert later. The summoning device allows you have him as a companion but doesnt officially add him to your Alliance since you don't have it yet. He's apirate and after youve completed the alert if you acccept him (you can I guess reject him) you can ask him about his crew to learn about them.

Still a few bugs some companions still show up as in your alliance Major Pierce for example and MIA Lt. Pierce for example. Also show a comoanion a Darth Hexid I don't actually have and cannot summon. She was the price in the Light vs Dark contest which no one got because Light won, Then they had an event to get her too which I didn't know about until it was over as I had taken a break from the game. So I can never get her.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/20/18 01:01 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1172459
12/21/18 07:09 PM
12/21/18 07:09 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
They've added a new live chat for support. I reported a problem with one my characters not being able to summon HK-55. I figured it was probably a bug introduced by the new update and they'd fix it in some future update. Instead they chatted with me in game and ask me to logout for an hour while they reaearch the problem. I guess they have to look at the character's data and see if they can fix it and cant do it with me running the game.

I started replaying Knights of the Eternal Throne and none player character dialogue makes more sense when you know the ending. When you play it the first time you don't know what they're talking about. The cultists on Zakul are always going on about the return of the dragon Zildrog. Having played the game to the ending of "Fractured Alliances" you known what ZIldrog actually is.
Click to reveal..
Its not a dragon, it actually an ancient computer linked to the Gravestone, the ancient ship you've been using in your alliance, its "sleeping' was it switched off. When its turned back on it it takes over the Gravestone and firing one powerful shot wipes out the Eternal Fleet, which you gained control of when you defeated Valkorian, and then turns on Odessen the planet your Alliance calls home. While its recharging you destroy Zildrog before the Gravestone can kill everyone on Odessen but in the process the Gravestone is destroyed too.

Note: in Jedi Under Siege if you are a saboteur only one other member of your Alliance knows it, a pragmatic Sith who will even support you if you are sabotaging the Empire, So all the Alliance members on the side you are actually helping think you are against it and still send you emails saying they are loyal to the Alliance but won't attack their old government. And of course all the Alliance members on the side you are sabotaging presumably think you are actually helping it. This not telling the Alliance as a whole is for security reasons. The more who know the more likely it leaks out to the side you are betraying.

Its too bad they can't have you explain why you switched sides, How could they write an explanation every player would agree with? There are however some plot based explanations they could go with. Imperial Agent is not treated well by the Empire. Sith Warrior was a former slave, the Republic banned slavery on its planets. Two different Sith try to kill the Sith Inquistor maybe he/she figures Jedi wouldn't murder each other so sides with the Republic. I cannot think of any plot related reasons why Bounty Hunter (whom the Republic actually tried to kill multiple times. bounty hunting is illegal in the Republic which considers it murder), the Smugger (smuggling is a death penalty offense in the Empire) or Trooper (actually hunts down Republic traitors) would switch sides. And a Jedi siding with Empire would have to be insane. Which is why my Imperial Saboteur is a Imperial Agent and my Republic Saboteur is a dark Jedi Consular who is as ruthless as any Sith.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1172774
12/24/18 02:05 PM
12/24/18 02:05 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Youtube video Arcaan meets all classes at start of KOTFE

Jedi Consular I think based on armor)
Trooper
Smuggler
Jedi Knight (I think based on armor)
Bounty Hunter
Imperial Agent
Sith Inquisitor (I think based on armor)
Sith Warrior (I think based on armor)

You tube video showing all class companions at the start of KOTFE - Chapter II of Knights of the Fallen Empire is a series of visions foiced on you by the spirit of The Etermal Emperor Valkorian (originally the Sith Emperor Vitiate) in part of it he tries to turn you against your friends. Later he tries to make you believe they are dead. They're not.

0:12 - Jedi Consular
1:28 - Sith Inquisitor
2:45 - Bounty Hunter
3:52 - Smuggler
5:00 - Sith Warrior
6:06 - Imperial Agent
7:29 - Republic Trooper
8:28 - Jedi Knight

I did not make this video. Some of the scene were apparently recorded back when there was a bug which put some companions in their underwear, their armor disappeared. That's long since been fixed. The "dissolute gambler", "spiteful revolutionary", "doubting jedi" and the "unrepentant traitor" are still missing. . The last was the Sith Emeperor's "Wrath" (chief assassin) but he betrayed him to the Jedi and you can tell her that even as Valkorian, he hasn't forgotten the betrayal.

Youtube video of former trooper companion Aric Jorgan meeting all classes - notice he knows everyone except the imperial agent. Odd that the Sith Emperor spirt, the voice you heard in your head, has no comment about the bounty hunter

0:51 - Sith Inquisitor
1:22 - Trooper
1:50 - Sith Warrior
2:04 - Jedi Knight
2:21 - Smuggler
2:37 - Jedi Consular
2:59 - Agent
3:32 - Bounty Hunter

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/24/18 02:57 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1172811
12/25/18 02:36 AM
12/25/18 02:36 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I've done Knights of the Falle Empire, Knights of the Eternal Throne and Fractured Alliances twice. There are actually three ways to handle the "traitor". One, which I did first time, save him and let him back in the Alliance, two, which I have not done yet, save his live but banish him from the Alliance and three, which I did on dark jedi, leave him to die. So two ways to remove him from the Alliance, one to keep him. if you leave him to die you get an email from his mother the jedi confirming she felt him die. However as people have pointed out, if the authors want him to continue in the story anyway, than she lied to keep you from hunting him down and finishing him off,and someone rescued him.

I dont think they're bringing him back even if you keep him in the Alliance. I think Theron and Koth are no longer necessary since Zakul (Koth's home) has been freed from the evil family which ruled it. Its become a democracy. Koth has no further purpose in the story. Theron was in the Alliance to save the Republic from the Eternal Empire. His job is done. Its Lana who tells you to pick a side, Empire or Republic in the next war. Theron if he's alive will even reluctantly agree with Lana that you should do the next mission (Jedi Under Siege) alone. If you are choose to betray your original side Lana is the only Alliance member to know it. Your contact from the Republic or Empire also knows of course.
Click to reveal..

The Republic contact is a Republic spy from the Trooper storyline, whether you are Republic Loyalist or Imperial Saboteur. I haven't done Jedi Under Siege with a trooper yet but presumably you and he would remember each other.

The Empire contact is a droid who remembers Empire character from a mission they had in common (the game assumes you did the optional mission even if you didn't) or knows the Republic member who is turned agaist it by reputation.

Both contacts will tell Saboteur they can do more damage from within.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1173219
12/30/18 03:11 PM
12/30/18 03:11 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Don't go on youtube and watch videos of player characters killing their spouse. I don't know how people can do that. Yes it just a game but still.... When Kaliyo (former imperial agent companion) looks shocked when a trooper shoots her husband, you know the player has gone too far. She is normally okay with anybody killing anybody.

Nathema Conspriacy every Class near the end of the Nathema Conspiracy flashpoint every class get a different NPC who sends the same giant droid after them.

Jedi Knight Light side: Servant One of the Emperor's Hand who apparently forgot his master intended to kill everyone including him

Jedi Knight dark side: female Jedi Master who's life you once saved turns against you (in the actual Jedi Knight story line she never even noticed you were dark side)

Jedi Consular light side: a Sith you thought had been executed by the Voss for attempting to kill a Voss Mystic

Jedi Consular dark side: the Voss Mystic who's life you saved from the above Sith who tried to kill him )[poor Mystic did not foresee his own death), I find this one to be the saddest because you were friends and allies once and you save his life twice. The irony is the Voss never actually believed the Force had a light side or a dark side until this Voss met you and explored the Galaxy

Smuggler light side: daughter of an enemy you killed in self defense (you have never actually met this woman before)

Smuggler dark side: another Jedi Master who never noticed when you were fighting the Empire with her that you were dark side but suddenly realizes it now and is annoyed about it even though all you did was kill the Republic's enemies

Trooper light side: Imperial General who got his post after you took out is predecessor but still wants you dead

Trooper dark side: your former commanding officer who considers you a traitor

Sith Warrior light side: your former master whom you banished from the Empire (darl side you executed him of course)

Sith Warrior dakr side: former Dark Council member who hates you because you killed your master and turned on the Emperor

Sith Inqusitor: when having to choose between saving Khem Val or your old master you choose to save Khem: your former master whom you last seen as a disembodied spirit trapped in an alien crustal, escaped and possessing some poor unfortunate victims's body

Sith Inquisitor when having to choose between saving Khem Val or your old master you choose to save your master: your former companion Khem Val (which means he will not be rejoining you during Jedi Under Siege) wants you dead. For Inquisitor your alignment doesn't matter only whether you betrayed your companion or not if you betrayed him you will not get him back

Bounty Hunter: dakr side: the lover of the Republic's Supreme Commander whom you killed wants you dead (you have never evern heard of this woman before)

Bounty Hunter: light side: female sith wants you ead for killing her master (again another character you never evn knew existed before)

Imperial Agent light side (I don't know if all light side agents get this even if they didn't choose to be a double agent or not) former "Watcher 2" and later "Keeper" wants you and your Alliance destroyed because you "lied to her" when you became a double agent (thing is you didn't actually, she never asked if you were one so you never had the chance to lie about it). second saddest one for me. you actually save her life and her sanity and because you didn't tell her you were siding with the Republic after what her predecessor as Keeper did to you she tries to kill you and ends up dead herself

Imperial Agent dark side: some Republic spy you have never heard of, he insults you by claiming you are only the 3rd most dangerous person in the galaxy.

Former friends turning against you is sad because everyone involved in the conspiracy is doomed to die. There is no chance to to regain their friendship. The only character you are given a choice to save or let die is "the traitor" who of course was just infiltrating the group to destroy it from within.

Note: that scene at the end in which you refuse to take sides in the war is not actually an option. The person who made this video just made that up, apparently they want to remain neutral. But that's not the direction the game is going in. How could it be? you've defeated all the foes that were threatening your Alliance. There is no one left to fight if you don't pick a side in the Republic vs Empire war. The game is just going back to its roots. Only now you get to choose remain loyal to your original side or betray it (for what ever reason you imagine).

Makes sense imperial agent would swtich sides since the Empire basically tortured you. On the other hand any Republic character could see how corrupt its become (every Supreme Chancilor has been removed from office because they were corrupt) and decide the Empire was at least honest about not being a democracy. And Empress Acina is more pragmatic than dogmatic. Sure she's still a Sith but she's not out to annihilate the entire Galaxy, just trying to protect her people.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/30/18 05:35 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1174105
01/08/19 12:28 AM
01/08/19 12:28 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Supposed to be taking the game offline Tuesday morning to do some background maintenance, no download update. But a new issue has developed. People in the game can play if they got in and stayed in this morning. If not they can't get in because the launcher is not loading the server list. The web site shows the servers as online because they are, the game launcher just isnt letting anybody log onto them. So they've acknowledge they need to do something to make the page reflect the actual status of the game which at the moment is its unplayable.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1174127
01/08/19 11:37 AM
01/08/19 11:37 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama

Guybrush, how long does it usually stay down for maintenance?

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1174147
01/08/19 02:55 PM
01/08/19 02:55 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I think they estimated 3 hours this time but can be as much as 8.

They fixed something that used to really annoy me. In KOTFE, KOTET when you enter your Alliance Base if you had a mission to do it automatically started it which meant you couldn't do the alerts first. Now I've entered the base to turn in finished alerts and the current main missions did not automatically start. Sure the autostart made missions flow better, you finish one and start enough seamlessly but if you want to get alerts done first you used to have to wait for the cut scene for next main mission to finish. And some of those move you to a new location when they end.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 01/09/19 01:30 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1174377
01/11/19 10:43 AM
01/11/19 10:43 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
It's nice to have better control wavegirl

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1174599
01/13/19 03:07 PM
01/13/19 03:07 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I used to play all light side or all dark side, and still will on old characters, but my newest characters are going by what makes the most sense to me at the time. For example my new Imperial Agent will only go dark side and kill people who arre either a threat to the Empire or who she finds personally repugnant, like the human on Hutta who treats the natives like animals and hunts them, even though they are sentient beings, he's a bigoted mass murderer, so she shot him dead. On the other hand when asked by a woman to kill her husband and force their force sensative son to go to the Sith Acadamey she let them go and lied to the woman. One less student in the Sith Academy won't harm the Empire. And as the boy's father said most students don't survive it.

My new smuggler when asked to rescue a pirate because a former Republic Senator thinks he can help the Republic in some way, shot the pirate dead instead, because guess who pirates prey on, smugglers. That's considered dark side.

I also had a jedi turn a Republic spy over to the Empire. The female twi'lek who claims to be an ambassador actually attempts to undermined the Empire on the Imperial plant she's assigned to, in violation of the peace treaty so she's one of the reasons the galaxy is heading for war, so she's actually endangering billions of lives, on both sides. Turning her over to the Empire is supposed to be dark side.

You can see I don't agree with their decisions on whats light and dark in many places.

Newest characters (alphabetical order): Most came about because I had an existing character who was crafting low level armor and weaponry which no players would buy so used them for new characters. Then the new characters stated crafting so needed more new characters. That's my excuse for being an "altaholic" (one who keeps making ne and I'm sticking to it.

Star Forge Server (named after a Force powered space station factory) - Altoholic Legacy (you name your Legay)
Aayla'Vrei (Twi'lek for mist or smoke, lucky): female twi'lek smuggler scoundrel - Light I (did commit one dark side act murdered a pirate) - completed Smuggler Prologue (Ord Mantel and Coruscant), has met and began flirting with future husband Corso Riggs

Akavea: male zabrak trooper commando - Light I, probably going to be light side only character) he saved the pirate in case he had uusable information ) - completed Trooper Prologue (Ord Mantel and Coruscant), has not yet met possible wife

Eraizur (eraser) male cyborg (human) bounty hunter mercenary = Dark II (dark side only character) - completed Bounty Hunter Prologue (Hutta and Dromnd Kass), flirting with possible wife, Mako (easier on a light side or neutral character as she doesn't like some of dark side choices)

Feiyrel - female human jedi knight sentinel - Light III (light side only character), flirting with Theron Shan, son of head of Republic military and head of the Jedi Order, he's estranged from both, mother because as a jedi she was not supposed to form attachments so she abandoned him when he was just a child(great morals the jedi have huh?) and with father because he couldn't understand Theron leaving the Republic to help create the Alliance. Theron is former Republic spy who works hand in hand with a Sith as well as what ever your character is to fight the Etenral Empire. Feiyrel is an instant level 60 character, everything before Knights of the Eternal Throne wasa automatcially treated as finished. Has since reached max level of 70 (changing to 75 when next expansion come out sometime this year) Just realized I shut have put her on the Satele Shan server since ehe's flirting with her son (oops) Feiyrel has been reuinted with her droid T7-01, but sll of other companions are still missing. She will get Sgt Rusk soon, Doc wont' be until she gets to Jedi Under Siege, Kira and Lord Scourge (a sith) have not been added back yet.

Letq: female human imperial agent operator - neutral (dark and light almost equal) - completed Jutta still working on Dromund Kass, has not yet met possible future husband

Sayffron (saphron) female human jedi knight guardian - Light I (single dark side action, so far handing Republic spy over to the empire) - completed Jedi Knight Prologue (Tython and Coruscant), has not violated Jedi Code by becoming emotionally involved with any one, because she hasn't met "Doc" yet (if you throw yourself at him its dark side, if you wait a bit its not, jedi knight only character for which a romance can be dark side, even for Jedi Consular its neutral. I actually meant to make Jedi Consular but hit wrong buttons, and decided to let it be rather than delete her and start over, again)

Satele Shan Server (named after head of the Jedi Order) - Nightstalker Legacy (this is actually my first Legacy, my first character was a Dark side bounty hunter)

Aka'oni (Japanese for Red devil or demon) male pure breed Sith sith warrior juggernaut - Dark II (sole light side act sparing a female prison under the condition she work for Imperial Intelligence as a spy) - has completed Sith Warrior Prologue and part of Chapter I, has female twi'lek slave, Vette first of two companions he can flirt with the other a female human he hasn't met yet. Not you can only flirt with Vette if you remove the shock collar, light side if your remove it first time she asks, natural second time she asks, if you never remove it you can shock her which is dark side but your relationship with her will never advance, you will never get her side quests. He also has his second companion a male solider Malavai Quinn, for his actions in your story he is the most hated companion in the game and you can eventually kill him but only after doing KOTFE (you lose all your companions in chapter 1), and KOTET and make it to Iokath were Quinn returns to you to be accepted back or rejected (by putting in an Alliance prison cell or killing him).

Kaealoha (Hawaiian for loved one) female human bounty hunter pirotech - Light III - instant level 60 character working on KOTFE, flirting with Koth Vortena, Zakulian rebel who loved Emperor Valkorian but despises his adult children. Koth is hard to like because like all Zakullians he's blind to the fact that his wonderful empire was built on the backs of the trillions of inhabitants of the rest of the galaxy Kaealoha is currently separated from all of her past companions. though not far from being reunited with Galt and then Torrian then Skasge. Mako is going to take a long while yet.

Rexak - male zabrak smuggler gunslinger - Light IV, completed everything waiting for next expansion, reunited with all his crew including his wife Akkavi Spar (female zabrak). he had a bug the companion HK-55 became unusable and costmer servce's sggestion as how get the droid back didn't work, the bug was apparently fixed in last update becaue after my second complaint they announced he was working and sure enough the droid is back. No other character with HK-55 has had this problem.

Tielry - female human sith inquisitor sorcerer - Dark II - completed Sith Inquistor Prologue (Korriban, Drumond Kass) and part of Chapter 1, has not yet met possible husband

Note: bug fix update coming Tuesday expected to take 8 hours and will require downloading new build after the update,

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 01/13/19 06:11 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1174690
01/14/19 12:28 PM
01/14/19 12:28 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
There is a hidden achievement to talk to Paxton Rall in all the cantinas he hides out in. Does not include starter worlds of Hutta, Ord Mantel, Tython or Korriban. You only have to talk to him on Coruscant or Drumond Kass not both and only only one fleet Republic or Empire. However he will say different things in each place so just for fun you'll want to talk to him with a both Republic and an Imperial character. I assume they only required one Capital and one Fleet so a person with just one character could do it. Achievement is legacy wide so you can talk to him on one character just to get it or wait until you're playing a character on any one of the planets.

Once you've spoken to him on any planet the achievement will show up so you can see a list of planets to visit. Ones you've already done will be checked off. You do not have to go to every planet in the game. Three worlds you do visit for class missions, Quess, Belsavis and Voss are not included. Rishi which is part of Shadow of Revan is required but other optional planets like Illum and Mekab are not.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 01/14/19 12:29 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1174956
01/17/19 01:38 PM
01/17/19 01:38 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Thought I was being odd in creating a Rattaki Jedi Consular Sage. Rattaki are a slave race to the Empire. If they are force sensitive the normally become Sith Warriors. In fact you cannot create a Rattaki Jedi until you unlock that option by playing a Rattaki through one of the Empire classes. I mentioned in in game chat that made this character and someone else said all their Jedi are pure blood sith (also not able to be Jedi until played through on an Empire character. Usually they are Sith Inquistors. Another player said all their characters are Zabrak and they consider them family Zabrak only race that actually has two different creation options one for Republic (light tan to orange skin) and Empire (the red skinned variety like in the Star Wars prequel films). Once you play a Republic version through class story it unlocks ability to create a Republic style Zabrak on Empire class and vice versa.

The Rattaki NPC are all insane, including Imperial Agent's first companion, first marriageable option for male Imperial Agent. Second option is more rational female human. Female agent has only one option a male human joined with the Kilicks (insects linked to a hive mind).

There is one pure blood sith in the game who is not force sensitive (rare). There are two Chiss force using NPCs, which makes them outcasts as the chiss consider force users to be impure. One of them is a Jedi, who doesn't really get along with other Jedi, not because she's bad but because she's independent. Would have to be to actually leave the Chiss Ascendancy to find her way to the Jedi Academe instead of the Sith. The Chiss have an alliance with the Sith. only race they have a treaty with instead of conquered and enslaved. The Chiss military matches the Sith military to it wasn't worth the risk.

Rattaiki's name is Walha'frid, old germanic for "stranger" and "peace" so stranger to peace, whih Rattaki are since they used by the Empire as cannon fodder and fight amongs themselves on their home world.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 01/17/19 01:52 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1177520
02/13/19 10:18 AM
02/13/19 10:18 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Two updates this week.

Tuesday's added a new operation (8-16 players on a team) on Ossus, the Jedi Under Siege planet. Boss monster drops item needed to mae new Mater level weapons. I don't do operations. You really only need the top armor and weapons if you do operations. Which means you do them in the easiest mode first. Then when you have your armor and weapons maxed out you go back and to them again in harder modes. There are three modes now. Most are difficult enough for me in their normal mode.

Today's update is doing something with PVP which I don't pay attention to.

Its funny the game let me load it and download Tuesday's update. And swotor.com showed US servers online. Then once update downloade the game disconnected. And the web site shows alls servers down. I guess today's update just started now. In any case supposed to be done 8mPST which is 10 central.

Double XP Event – Earn double rewards from February 19th – February 26th.

BTW they spoiled their own quests. The current game screen shows the character which Jedi Under Siege brings back from the dead. Whether you are Imperial or Republic if you did the flashpoint featuring him you kllled him. You only meet him in Jedi Under Siege if you are imperial. And you can chose a discussion option in which you mention the fact they you were involved in his death. oddly for a Sith, he does not hold a grudge. Mostly likely he holds that for those who didnt leave him dead. Everyone assumes that we will find out about that in the future and that he will probably turn on the Empire, again.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1184583
04/27/19 01:53 PM
04/27/19 01:53 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
They are currently testing something called Pirate Incursion which will take place on the planet Dantooine, how this relates to the new expansion I don't know.

Announcing ‘Onslaught’, the Newest Expansion Coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Summary:
Coming September 2019.
New level cap
New playable race: Nautolans
Two new planets: Onderon, and Mek-Sha
New Operation (8-16 players)
New Flash Point (solo or group) on Republic planet Corellia

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 05/01/19 04:54 AM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1184585
04/27/19 02:10 PM
04/27/19 02:10 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Guybrush wavegirl

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1185078
05/02/19 12:51 PM
05/02/19 12:51 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
If you log in by May 6th than on May 10th you will receive a free M4-Y8 Astromech droi mini pet for each of your characters.

Pirate Incursion is going to be a new repeating event, like Rakghoul Resurgence (Rakghoul plague), Relics of the Gree and Bounty Contract Week.

Rakghoul Resurgence on Corellia: April 30 – May 7, 2019 (
Relics of the Gree on Ilium: May 14 - May 21, 2019
Bounty Contract Week (various planets): May 28 - June 4, 2019
Pirate Incursion on Dantooine: unknown (currently being tested)

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 05/02/19 07:34 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1185308
05/04/19 11:51 AM
05/04/19 11:51 AM
Hogwarts
Trail_Mystic Offline OP
Dragon Breath - Darkside Moderator
Trail_Mystic  Offline OP
Dragon Breath - Darkside Moderator
BAAG Specialist

Hogwarts
May the 4th be with you grin

Lots of activities going on for Stars Wars Day 2019

A few cable channels are doing Star Wars movie marathons as well.

TM thumbsup

I feel a lot more like I do now, then when I first got here

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1186174
05/13/19 10:32 AM
05/13/19 10:32 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
“The Dantooine Incursion”

Dantooine Tactical Report

New In-Game Event - The Pirate Incursion

Okay this is going to be weird. The Nova Blades were introduced in The Shadow of Revan, during which they are wiped out. The Shadow of Revan is level 60+. The Pirate Incursion is level 20+ which seems to imply its set before The Shadow of Reven. Apparently this is to give characters a history with the Nova Blades before encountering and defeating them in Shadow of Reven.

Interesting: if your character is higher level and has completed Jedi Under Siege the event will be different for your character, Also when the event is not active you can still visit Dantooine and find quests on the much more peaceful planet.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 05/15/19 11:01 AM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1187029
05/24/19 03:41 PM
05/24/19 03:41 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
New event The Pirate Incursion delayed

Hey folks,

Game Update 5.10.3 is being delayed by one week to Tuesday, June 4th. As we were in the final stages of testing and preparation for launch we discovered a critical bug that we need to take the time to address before going live. For context, the issue is that a large portion of combat animations simply stopped working. Obviously, that's a pretty big deal! We are digging into whether it is a systemic change that caused it or just a bad build/version. Either way we want to take the extra week to ensure that we have time to fully understand why this is happening and get it resolved.

This will cause a few timing changes on our end, which makes this a great chance to share those details with you!

Since it's brand new, we will run the Pirate Incursion event twice in a row, from June 4th - 11th and June 11th - 18th.
Nar Shaddaa Nightlife will be returning from June 18th – July 30th.
Double XP will run from June 11th - 18th.
We were planning to do our first Onslaught livestream next Thursday, May 30th, where we would discuss Spoils of War! We are still on track for this to happen and so look for that stream next week. We will let you know if anything changes.

Thanks everyone. We never want to delay an update if we can avoid it but certainly the animation issues are not acceptable to go live with and so we are going to take the necessary time to get them resolved.

-eric

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - Continue it does [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1188011
06/04/19 08:40 AM
06/04/19 08:40 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
The game is being updated today to launch the event. So its 8:36 AM CDT. Updating supposed to be finished at 11:00AM CDT.

Patchnotes Update 5.10,3.

One of the developers posted :
Those who've completed Jedi Under Siege will also find a fun little bit of story in this update that's unrelated to Dantooine. It involves a staff meeting and some public speaking opportunities--but I shall say no more....

Will most likely be a 5.10.4 when players find and report bugs. Update 6 later this year will introduce the new expansion.

Spoils of War - more on coming changes

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 06/04/19 08:55 AM.

Currently Playing:
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 228 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users