GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish #1128209
10/14/17 12:19 PM
10/14/17 12:19 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Domini Games brings you the next thrilling installment of the Mystery Tales series!

An old friend is opening a new exhibition on the Black Plague. When she encounters a strange artifact, she calls on you to investigate. This won't be an easy task as a malevolent spirit attacks the museum and your friend! Can you uncover their dark origins and stop them before it's too late? Find out in this chilling hidden-object puzzle adventure game!

Uncover another museum mystery in the bonus chapter!
Never get lost with the strategy guide!
Search for cleverly-hidden collectibles!
Challenge yourself with achievements and replayable HOPs.
Enjoy exclusive concept art, wallpapers, music, and more!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! wave

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1128250
10/14/17 07:56 PM
10/14/17 07:56 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1128292
10/15/17 09:25 AM
10/15/17 09:25 AM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Too many others in the series I haven't played. And the search engine only shows CEs.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1128301
10/15/17 09:49 AM
10/15/17 09:49 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
All the previous games in the series are available as standard editions. I don't know why they don't show up with the search engine, but they are listed on this page.

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1143527
03/03/18 07:38 PM
03/03/18 07:38 PM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
Another game in my collection that I finally got around to playing. This game is awesome. Outstanding graphics and special effects, good music, plenty of areas to explore, and a good long game. Puzzle lovers will especially enjoy this one since there are lots of puzzles to solve. There's a choice of Hard or Easy. Frankly, even on Easy, I skipped a lot of puzzles. But I have to say the puzzles were unique. HOS are interactive. The bonus game is a story and a game in itself. Highly recommend, especially for anyone looking to get in on today's sale.

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Sparkle] #1143529
03/03/18 08:52 PM
03/03/18 08:52 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks so much for your input on the game, Sparkle. I will definitely consider this, and for the weekend sale also. yes

The last couple of Domini games I have played have been quite long, too. wave

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1143590
03/04/18 05:40 PM
03/04/18 05:40 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I played the Demo on this game before I looked at my Played Games ratings. I'm glad I didn't look at my list first, because I had declined to purchase two other games in this series after playing their Demos ("Too Easy"), and gave a third game that I did buy only a lukewarm rating ("Repetitive, non-original puzzles"). So, I doubt I would have tried the Demo for Dangerous Desires.

Well! Dangerous Desires is darned good! grin The mini games are varied and are delightfully challenging on "Hard." YAY! The HOs are interactive, which I enjoy over just hunting in a pile of rubbish. There are constant Pop-Ups in every scene, which is a drag, but you can't have everything. I was bummed when the Demo time ran out.

I've noted this game as Buy, and will wait for the next 2-fer sale in a couple of weeks. I just bought two games yesterday and don't want to jump on two more today. Gotta control my addiction or things could get out of hand. happydance

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1143591
03/04/18 05:42 PM
03/04/18 05:42 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
What two games did you get, Reenie? A new Vermillion Watch game just came out, too. smile

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1143607
03/05/18 01:54 AM
03/05/18 01:54 AM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

The first one was Labyrinths of the World: Easter Island, and I've finished that one. It was better than I expected, since one of the games in that series wouldn't even run for me, and two others were mediocre. As I mentioned in a post earlier, Easter did have a couple of buggy puzzles.

Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light is the second one, and I'm playing it now. Not usually a theme I pick, but the demon didn't really figure into things in a big way in the Demo, so I went for it, and the demon is causing trouble but still staying in the background. It is a bit silly and is too easy, but nice graphics and good game play.

Both games feature the usual annoying pop-ups that could not be turned off.

BTW, I have to say that Demon Hunter 4 is pretty lame. It is very episodic, and kind of reminds me of the old Saturday Matinee cliffhanger film reelss, where the Good Guy had a weekly crisis that he'd succeed in solving, but inevitably, he would be placed in yet another cliffhanger situation for the coming week. I've spent pretty much the whole game being dumped down wells or into pits or dungeons and then repeating the same process of collecting pieces of inventory in order to get out again. That isn't a "story." It doesn't build on any kind of story. And as I said, it is ridiculously easy. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by Reenie; 03/05/18 03:07 AM. Reason: Additional info
Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1143621
03/05/18 09:35 AM
03/05/18 09:35 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks for all that info, Reenie. I always enjoy hearing about what casual games our forum members are playing. Sorry that Demon Hunter 4 was a fail - I haven't played any of the games in that series.

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1143805
03/07/18 09:22 AM
03/07/18 09:22 AM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
Taking a cue from Sparkle and Reenie, I tried the demo and am downloading the full version now. A puzzle set on hard was difficult enough that I went back to the easy version because I usually have trouble with those spinning segment puzzles and because I had not paid attention to what the object was in the first place.
Click to reveal..
[/spoiler] Glasses.[spoiler]

I like that the game fooled me because I wasn't observant. Also, I think I haven't played others in the series so the relevance of the particular object was lost on me; however, that puzzle was enough for me to forgive regulation blue smoke, my apparent ability to materialize items observed in a vision, and people turning to stone. What is it with stone people, statues, and golems? "Royal Detective: Lord of Statues" must have sold extremely well to be so influential.

The museum in "Dangerous Desires" has a careless janitorial staff prone to dropping custodial equipment in the displays and scattering jewels around the facility. No wonder I thought nothing of
Click to reveal..
[/spoiler]blowing animated armor away with a cannon handily on display in the entrance hall.[spoiler]

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: 8dognight] #1143817
03/07/18 10:07 AM
03/07/18 10:07 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Enjoy your adventures with the full version. Some of these Domini games are the longest CEs I have played. wave

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: 8dognight] #1143864
03/07/18 01:20 PM
03/07/18 01:20 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

So, true, 8dog. Sometimes, I burst out laughing at some the things that happen in these games!

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1144255
03/10/18 11:56 PM
03/10/18 11:56 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I bought this game in the weekend sale and am playing it. It is pretty clever but also inadvertently (I hope!) hilarious. Just three examples from a single scene will make the point:

I am tracking down a set of crystals from a power amulet. They need to be saved from getting into the hands of the usual Ancient Evil Being who turns people to stone quicker than my cat can gobble his breakfast. (I keep getting thwarted in stopping him, of course; after all, it is a game.) When I find the gal who has the very last crystal, she's being attacked outside her house by Mr. Bad, who gets his last crystal, and then flattens her. I have to help revive her. So, what is hilarious about this, you ask?

1) I need to get my First Aid kit in the car trunk, but the trunk is locked. I first have to find some wires to repair the trunk lock, and then solve a rotator puzzle to get the lock to open the trunk, while my Lady in Distress lounges, unconscious, on the street. shocked

2) Then I have to find a medical symbol to insert into the box lid to open the First Aid kit. I ask you: Who in the hell would carry around an emergency First Aid kit only to make it a major time-suck to get into it when that emergency arises? lol And where do I find this important symbol for my trunk kit? Why, under a rock in her front garden, of course ~ and no mention of how it got there in the first place, since it belongs to MY trunk First Aid Kit and she and I have never met. crazy

3) My First Aid kit does not have any smelling salts, and after all that effort, it has been useless to get into it. I need to get into her house, after all. Of course, her house is locked. And where, pray tell, might the key be found? Oh, in the fountain in the nearby town square. Some security system SHE has on her home! smirk

The best part of this whole bit: The entire story so far has revolved around finding this evil dude's set of crystals, and everyone I have encountered has been informed of this by notes and phone calls ~ and they all have made valiant efforts to hide the crystals, even if they died trying ~ but when I find the gal with the last crystal, the very gal whose dad STARTED the whole thing and who is most informed about it, she is wearing her crystal in plain sight, on a chain around her neck!

I actually burst out laughing at that point. happydance

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1144256
03/11/18 12:00 AM
03/11/18 12:00 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Reenie, your description of the proceedings has made me laugh, too. laugh

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1144264
03/11/18 02:53 AM
03/11/18 02:53 AM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yeah, you have to take it in that way. Part of the "game" itself.

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1144276
03/11/18 08:43 AM
03/11/18 08:43 AM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
Reenie - That's the way with most games. It wouldn't be very challenging if they were too logical.

Re: Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Sparkle] #1144302
03/11/18 12:44 PM
03/11/18 12:44 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yeah. I do find myself chuckling or at least shaking my head at most of them. At least we can't complain that they take themselves too seriously, eh? lol

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Orion, oldbroad, manxman, curly, jboliver), 258 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users