GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish #1148873
04/21/18 09:48 AM
04/21/18 09:48 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Elephant Games, creators of Halloween Stories, Grim Tales, and Chimeras, invites you to track down the truth behind another thrilling supernatural mystery!

For a seasoned Mystery Trackers detective, even a relaxing bike ride can quickly become a case! Passing through the town of Blackhill, you notice something is terribly wrong - the residents have gone into hiding, and an army of shadow monsters roams the streets! The activity seems to originate from the home of a local scientist who was conducting secretive experiments… but getting there will be dangerous. And what you discover when you arrive just might change the world as you know it! Can you uncover what happened before the darkness spreads? Find out in this thrilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

Investigate a mysterious arson in the Bonus Game.
Collect cute outfits for your dog, Elf.
Find all the photo fragments to complete your picture album.
Enjoy exclusive concept art, music, wallpapers, and more!
Gain access to the secret room for more challenging fun!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! sherlock

Re: Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1148875
04/21/18 10:37 AM
04/21/18 10:37 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
THanks, Marian!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1149041
04/22/18 08:58 PM
04/22/18 08:58 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Marian! I used to love this series. Played a dozen of them, the earliest back in 2013. Only four of them stood out from the pack, in the end. The two I would recommend in this series are Black Isle and Paxton Creek Avenger). The last three games in the series where I played the Trial Game, I did not buy them. (Oh, yeah, and the pop-ups...)

I did play the Trial Game for Mist Over Blackhill today, but I didn't buy it, either. The game is fine, good artwork and movement, some of the mini-puzzles are better than before, some whacky inventory stuff that makes you grin. Many folks may enjoy the game, but the series has become too repetitive, to me.

MT used to stand out from the pack, but many game designers have forged ahead while MT games have stayed the same. I wish they would inject some new blood into their design team. I'd sure go for their games again if they did.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1149042
04/22/18 09:33 PM
04/22/18 09:33 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I played the demo for a short while but not long enough to get a strong impression, other than the fact that the early bit in the grocery store reminded me of a novella by Stephen King called The Mist - I think the developers might be familiar with that story. smile

Re: Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1149058
04/23/18 01:39 AM
04/23/18 01:39 AM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Me, too! I wanted to like this game. Nostalgia.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1149096
04/23/18 11:42 AM
04/23/18 11:42 AM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
The new MT game does not resemble the Stephen King novella other than employing the word "mist" in the title. King's novella examines character under pressure in the type of story he tells so well; the new Mystery Trackers is a neither complex nor amusing time travel yawner. You would need a time machine to make this game long enough to qualify as even a standard edition. Elf gets ruined. I hate to admit this but I enjoyed meeting his mate and pups in a previous game. This time the vignettes are horrible with the dog, who is wisely and obviously using a stunt double because he doesn't look like himself, dressed as everything from an infant in baby clothes to an infantry soldier in camouflage.

I went ahead and bought this without playing the demo all the way through on the basis of a review saying this was neither the best nor the worst MT. Wrong. It's hands down the worst. I completed the main game in slightly under two hours.

I think I'm going to go back to Steam as a mainstay.

Last edited by 8dognight; 04/23/18 02:00 PM.
Re: Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: 8dognight] #1149115
04/23/18 03:45 PM
04/23/18 03:45 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I loved your comments, 8dog. I sure agree. And when we said (above) that the scene in the shop at the beginning reminded us of Stephen King's "Mist," it wasn't meant to suggest the quality of King's writing. Things can remind you of something else quite tangentially without being identical.

In the beginning of this Trial Game, I chose not to use Elf (the small dog, for anyone who doesn't know this series) because I remembered it being a cutesy tone in a game that took itself seriously, otherwise. Sounds like it was a good move. I am not one of those people who likes movies with a sidekick being the butt of jokes for the sake of comic relief. The writing should be good enough that such tropes aren't included.

I am disappointed in this series because it has not grown on its laurels. Hell, it fell asleep on those laurels, slight as they might have been.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1149218
04/24/18 05:00 PM
04/24/18 05:00 PM
Rockland, Ontario, Canada
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Rockland, Ontario, Canada
I just finished this game and I also agree, not one of the best of this series, seems like the Devs are starting to add more HO screens to their game and this is good for HO lovers but not for people like myself, especially when they are hard to see. So if there is to be more games in this series I hope they go back to the style of Black Isle, Raincliff or Paxton Creek Avenger at least for me these were excellent games..

And as for the Sidekick, I don't mind and I mentionned this before, I wish they would put Elf seperate from the Inventory bar so you don't have to continously scroll to find him when one has accumulated a lot of items. Ok, so I am lazy, what can I say.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Mist Over Blackhill Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Starcom] #1149234
04/24/18 09:55 PM
04/24/18 09:55 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I appreciate all of the thoughts and opinions posted about this game.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 275 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users