GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish #1149526
04/28/18 09:49 AM
04/28/18 09:49 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Domini Games, creators of Dark Romance and Labyrinths of the World, invites you to share the secret in this exciting new brand!

Welcome to London… but not the London you know. Just beneath the surface lies an ancient city of magicians, giants, and dwarves. You have been called in to investigate a series of strange murders that threatens to break the centuries-old peace between the races. Explore these unique and dangerous worlds as you track down the killer in this thrilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure Game!

Test your skills with challenging hidden object scenes!
Collector’s Edition bonus game and more!
Explore an ancient version of London hidden from human sight!
Play effortlessly using the Strategy Guide!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! tomato

Re: Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1149532
04/28/18 11:40 AM
04/28/18 11:40 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
THanks, Marian!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1149621
04/29/18 07:07 PM
04/29/18 07:07 PM
Rockland, Ontario, Canada
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Rockland, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Marian,

Just finished the demo and most likely will buy on the next BOGO sale. As some of the BF reviewers mentioned a lot of the items in the HO Screens were easy to find and I love this, if I have to play HO screens I want them easy to find. Also some of the BF reviewers said that a lot of the puzzles were medium to hard, well at least for me, they were right, I did find a lot of the puzzles hard. So this game should please puzzlers but maybe not HO lovers. Graphics, so far in the Demo were very clear and I for one found this game during the demo to move along at a fast enough paste, so much so that I finished the demo before the 90 minutes time slot.

Re: Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Starcom] #1149639
04/29/18 10:26 PM
04/29/18 10:26 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thank you for all of that information about the game. I think I will like it too, Starcom. wave

Re: Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Starcom] #1149711
04/30/18 02:13 PM
04/30/18 02:13 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yes, thanks for the mini review, Starcom. I will check out the demo. Hopefully, it isn't full of intrusive pop-ups.

Re: Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1151953
05/23/18 07:20 PM
05/23/18 07:20 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I bought this game and it is quite a play. I've been on it for several days, off and on, and it keeps going! I enjoy a game that has some staying power rather than ending just when I was getting caught up in it. So, I am glad I bought it. It is pesky in the sense that many things are not obvious and there is some pretty "creative" and non-intuitive use of inventory. grin The puzzles, also, are quite challenging (on HARD, but you can choose the easy version, too). Some are the trickiest I've encountered in a long time. Delicious!

I did run into a glitch with one of the puzzles, however, and it was pretty late in the game. I solved it and it just sat there. So, I tried to restart and play it again, but since it was solved, it wouldn't go for that. Then I tried to SKIP it, but same deal. I was stuck. It wouldn't get off my screen, so I could not go on with the game. Finally, I quit the game and had lunch while I thought about it. No one to check with on BF anymore, so what to do?

I went back into the game after lunch and it had reset itself. This time, I solved it and it gave me the credit for that and sent me on my way again. Whew! I thought I'd mention this in case anyone else hit the same snag (which is likely, yes?). If all else fails, reboot.

I am almost finished with the Main Game and will go on to the Bonus game next (I bought the CE, as usual). There are the usual collectibles and HO scenes. You can forgo the Collectibles and experience NO pop-ups throughout the game. It features all the usual tropes and clichés and the plot is the usual Corrupt-individual-seeking-complete-power bit, but hey.... This one will go in my Replay column, for sure! happydance

Re: Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1151956
05/23/18 08:38 PM
05/23/18 08:38 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
This is great to read, Reenie. I am looking forward to this game; I purchased it when it was released.

I had only played about 15 minutes of the game when I needed to exit. When I got back into the game, it told me my profile had been corrupted. I haven't gone back to it yet, but I am hoping that all will be well when I start the game over. This is the first time I have ever received this message from a game I bought on Big Fish, so I guess I've been lucky.

I have really enjoyed some of their games that I have played, and the last few have been quite long as well. smile

Re: Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1151994
05/24/18 01:11 PM
05/24/18 01:11 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yes, Domini Games has a good track record. I don't generally buy a game based solely on the developer, but all else being equal, I'd buy a Domini over some other developers. This one will go into my Top 20, based on length of play and complexity of puzzles. Now, it they just could come up with a new plot device other than 1) kidnapping, 2) megalomania, and 3) imminent planetary disaster. heh heh

Re: Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1152029
05/24/18 07:57 PM
05/24/18 07:57 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: Reenie
Now, it they just could come up with a new plot device other than 1) kidnapping, 2) megalomania, and 3) imminent planetary disaster. heh heh

rotfl

Re: Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1152035
05/24/18 08:43 PM
05/24/18 08:43 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I just finished the game and the Bonus game (CE version). Both were thoroughly enjoyable segments, but I have to admit that sometimes the inventory use had me baffled. ha ha Not your run-of-the-mill stuff.

This is one game where you never need the Game Manual (in the CE version only) unless you want to gather up all the Collectibles thingies (and I don't). If you aren't sure what to do next, check the map and it will show you where there is an Action to be taken. And you have the Hint button, if all else fails. But you shouldn't need either of those, anyway. If you don't want to pay the extra, go ahead and enjoy the Standard version.

I did encounter another glitch in a puzzle/mini-game, however. It was one of those puzzles where you have to connect colored points with a matching colored line without the lines crossing over each other (and yet filling all available spaces in the grid). One of my favorite types of puzzles. Well, this one wouldn't let you select the correct "drag line" for one of the colors unless you started from a particular end of the color line! At first, I thought I had the wrong solution, but I didn't. Took me a while to figure out why it wouldn't work and restart from the other end of the line. There seems to be no good excuse for something like that.

Still, I loved the game and definitely will replay it at some point, after I have forgotten everything. happydance

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 77 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users