GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1151608 - 05/20/18 11:52 AM Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Iurii Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
I have completed 'Miazma', and I have to say I like it a lot smile

It is not as great as 'Youmurjak's Ring' though, much shorter and claustrophobic, as we spend most our time in Atomki (the Institute of nuclear physics). And if some players do not like too many dialogues (I do smile ) - they can find it boring to outlive the first day and to proceed to the second one where there are much more puzzles and dynamics.

#1151640 - 05/20/18 03:15 PM Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
oldbroad Online   happy
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
Thanks for that info Iurii. Sometimes too much dialogue bothers me.

#1151650 - 05/20/18 05:01 PM Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Pilaus Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Hungary
Thank you, Iurii smile

Miazma has a rich story and dialogs are needed to unfold it. Many people like dialogs and many don't. Hard to please both smile

In Miazma, the designers addressed this through various techniques/options.

First of all, likeable characters. Some of them really amusing.

Second, all dialogs, movies and cutscenes can be skipped with a click. (Puzzles too). This means you can click through any part (like the first day) quite quickly. I you do so, you'll miss some of the story and clues that will be needed later in the game, but...:

Dialogs are recorded in a journal so you can look up everything even if skipped!

#1151654 - 05/20/18 05:34 PM Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
oldbroad Online   happy
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
I try to never use skip buttons as I don't want to miss anything, even long dialogs, but it is nice to know they are available.
Thanks Pilaus!

#1153118 - 06/04/18 02:45 PM Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
Iurii, Bravo for finishing this game. I'm stuck at one point. (Please read my post on "Adventure Game Hints"-"Miazma Dead End"). Any help you can provide to me would be greatly appreciated.
Sandy

#1153135 - 06/04/18 06:07 PM Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
So they borrowed from MMORPGs which allow skipping cut scenes so people repeating repeatable content don't have to watch it every time. I used to be the one who hadn't done it before in SWTOR and would watch the cutscenes. Some people handle having to wait for the newbie better than others.
Darkside: The Witcher

#1153150 - 06/04/18 08:09 PM Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Skipping cut scenes was allowed in adventure games as far back as the 1990's. Just depended on the game. It's certainly not unique to MMORPG's.

#1159796 - 08/11/18 03:28 PM Re: MIAZMA or the Devils Stone - Sequel to Yoomurjak's Ring Released Today [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
LeBelleRachael Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Barrackstadt, Arcadia
Oh Boy!! another vacation in Hungry!! bravo thumbsup hearts

GLaDOS

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
2 registered (oldbroad, Butcher), 129 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Lethal_Angel, AustriaGame24, 1madmouse, AdventurGameGeek, JamesPierce
9040 Registered Users