GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Graven: The Purple Moon #1149931
05/02/18 03:05 PM
05/02/18 03:05 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Once again, I can't remember who told me about the game Graven, but I am loving it and want to extend my thanks. I have been playing it for several days now, and finally am nearing the end of the main game. I'm so glad I bought the CE, because of the extended play. I am NOT ready to leave this world yet.

The story is far from linear, and I have taken six pages of notes to this point, keeping track of where an item is missing (for when I find it later and can go back and use it). The mini-games vary from deliciously pesky to brain-dead easy. Often, there is not enough information given to let you know what you are supposed to do with a puzzle nor how to do it. Some gamers wouldn't like that, and it has frustrated me at times, but now that I know that is how the puzzles are set up, I do a lot more probing of the non-obvious if I find I am stuck. It becomes part of the puzzle's solution.

This game has a very monotonous music track that I had to turn off or else go bananas. There are pop-ups if you pursue looking for the collectibles. The plot is the usual trope of a demon that was vanquished long ago but has resurrected ~ and only I can stop him. Nothing new has been added to that cliché. There are the usual surprises, betrayals, ambushes and traps. The graphics are excellent and the environments varied. In fact, you can get lost trying to find your way around. In short, it is a blast.

It is not an "easy" game, not for someone who wants a hand-holding experience. You have to look for and work for everything. Whoever pointed me to it ~ THANKS! happydance

Re: Graven: The Purple Moon [Re: Reenie] #1149936
05/02/18 03:34 PM
05/02/18 03:34 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I have heard good things about this game over the years. It was very popular on Big Fish.

To the best of my knowledge, though, it was a standard game and there was no CE version. A lot of folks commented on the fact that it seemed more like a CE.

Thanks for posting about the game!

For more games by the same developer, look here.

Re: Graven: The Purple Moon [Re: Marian] #1149941
05/02/18 04:09 PM
05/02/18 04:09 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Yes, I misspoke about having bought a CE. I usually do, and assumed I had. smile Thanks for the referral to the game developers. I definitely will take a look.

Re: Graven: The Purple Moon [Re: Reenie] #1149990
05/03/18 07:46 AM
05/03/18 07:46 AM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
Going to check purchase history and see if I already own it. I noticed that Orchid Games, the developer, also made Royal Trouble, a quite funny game.

Re: Graven: The Purple Moon [Re: Reenie] #1150434
05/08/18 06:37 AM
05/08/18 06:37 AM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
I had forgotten this game and how well this it plays. Thanks for the reminder.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Pandora), 201 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users