GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Get Even #1127316
10/06/17 02:53 AM
10/06/17 02:53 AM
Finland
T
TJL Offline OP
Settled Boomer
TJL  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
T

Finland
Hi,

I want to inform you about a game I just played and wondered how I had never even heard about it before.

This game is "Get Even" by Farm 51 and Bandai Namco which was released in June '17. I bought it recently from Humble Store's Bandai Namco sale for 14,99 € only and found it very satisfying game for such price.

It's a mix of many genres - psychological triller, FPS, stealth, detective story and more. It has a decent game length, I used 18 hours without any rushing but merely trying to collect all clues and information available.

The game has dark atmosphere and sound plays vital role in keeping the tension up and even guiding you through the field in hands occasionally. There are couple of fine gadgets in use like the corner gun and multi-purpose 'smartphone' with several modes like map with motion detector, uv light, thermo indicator view which all are in well use solving puzzles and getting further.

The game includes possibility to use new Auro-3D surround sound technology with normal stereo headphones. It must be enabled in sound options and is not on by default. If you are using surround sound headphones, you must turn them in stereo mode for Auro-3D to work.

Some good links and information:

Short review
Trailer
Auro-3D demonstration (Use headphones in stereo mode, not 5.1 or 7.1!)

The story is complex and if you, after having played it through, want to learn whether you got it all right, here is also another useful link for that phase:

Story and endings explained (Read only after playthrough!)

I encourage you all to check out this fine game which for some reason has stayed in dark.

Timo

Re: Get Even [Re: TJL] #1127342
10/06/17 09:56 AM
10/06/17 09:56 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Thanks, Time. I saw the game in a Humble Bundle, but never thought to take a look at it. Sounds like something worth checking out.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Get Even [Re: TJL] #1150880
05/13/18 07:48 AM
05/13/18 07:48 AM
Finland
T
TJL Offline OP
Settled Boomer
TJL  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
T

Finland
Hi,

there's currently a Bandai Namco Sale (till May 24th) on Humble Store featuring also this 1 Year old game that for some incomprehensible reason was left so overlooked.

This particular game has a -66 % reduced price 10.19 EUR (probably same amount in USD).

When I started this topic I included several useful links that are still relevant to get an idea of this game.

Don't let it's poor visinity fool you, it deserves better. thumbsup

Timo

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lex, curly), 396 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users