GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1151346 - 05/17/18 05:59 PM Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
You can purchase Lake Ridden on Steam or Gog.

View the launch trailer here.

Check out the Story Trailer here.

Quote:
Lake Ridden is a story-driven, first-person puzzle game! A cozy supernatural adventure where you unravel a mysterious past, trying to find your sister. Luckily, you are not alone....

You are Marie, a 13-year-old girl and the year is 1988. The warm summer is giving way to the first signs of autumn. Reluctantly, you join your younger sister and her friends for one last camping weekend in the wilderness of Maine. It was going just great, but the second night by the sizzling campfire, an argument with your sister ended with her running off into the forest. While searching for her, you stumble upon an old forgotten estate.

To solve the mystery, and ultimately find your sister, you must investigate for clues, solve tricky puzzles and communicate with former residents!
Key Game Features
Puzzles, Mystery, and Exploration
Lake Ridden is a story-driven mystery, focusing on narration, atmosphere and challenging puzzles.
A Beautiful Setting
Uncover an old estate filled with mysteries, explore a stunning forest and experience a cozy time-bending adventure.
Challenging Puzzles and Investigation
Solve tricky puzzles and look for clues as you investigate your sister's disappearance.
Experience a Rich Story
Immerse yourself in a narrative where you'll get to know Marie and other characters as you dive deeper into the mystery.

Created by former Minecraft and Paradox developers. Lake Ridden is not a horror game, nor a walking simulator.

Happy Gaming!

#1151371 - 05/18/18 02:42 AM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thank you, BrownEyedTigre smile Been to GOG and bought it happydance

#1151429 - 05/18/18 06:22 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

I enjoyed this game....wait...I know my memory isn't what it use to be but...There are parts of those 2 Trailers that I don't remember being in or puzzles I don't remember seeing. I better go back and play again. smirk

#1151430 - 05/18/18 06:36 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

lol I had to go back and check I didn't grab the wrong videos Greyfuss!

#1151431 - 05/18/18 06:48 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

I remember some of the parts, buuuut...I am hoping that those I don't remember were cut from the final product so I won't be crazy crazy

#1151435 - 05/18/18 07:03 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

It's only been out a week, are you sure you have the right game? grin

#1151438 - 05/18/18 07:24 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oh...geesh...now I have to go back and make sure I didn't play a Demo or something. blush

#1151439 - 05/18/18 07:30 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

That might just be it because I think you can still remember what you did the past week. I hope. lol

#1151521 - 05/19/18 06:50 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Now I know why I don't recognize some of those scenes blush .......... blush I uninstalled the game because I couldn't stand having the game only saving after you have completed an area (save points) which prevented me from playing at my own pace in my own time without having to start an area over every time I quit. I just don't get why, in this modern day, developers do this! If you can't have your game make manual saves then...MAKE MORE AUTO SAVE POINTS...so the player can enjoy the journey...what is this...the 80's when you had to start whole games over when you either hit a dead end or died. Geesh!........Sorry...Rant Over! mad

#1151526 - 05/19/18 07:30 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: GreyFuss]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

You've scared me now, GreyFuss eek

Are the save points ridiculously far apart ??

I don't like that sort of save system either shocked

#1151527 - 05/19/18 07:51 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

I wouldn't say ridiculously far apart as that depends on the player and how fast you can complete an area but for the time I played it I got tired continuously watching the top corner for the save icon indicating a save point so I could go to bed or leave the house. Many times I had to bite the bullet, quit, and restart that area again later. This is the same complaint we all have about games with save points so its not just this developer. Its like I am playing the game just to make it to the next save point rather than playing the game, enjoying the story and the challenge of what comes next. Another way the developer could help is the 'Save upon Exit' in these types of games where you would then restart the game where you left off.

#1151534 - 05/19/18 09:11 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: GreyFuss]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Oh, dear .... I am certainly not that the fastest of players. I like take my time in an Adventure game and savour the experience ....

And I wholeheartedly agree that "Save upon Exit" is something developers should implement if they don't provide the more friendly "Manual Save" option yes

#1151538 - 05/19/18 09:26 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Iurii Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
Thanks, Ana!

#1151644 - 05/20/18 03:41 PM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
rmelone Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Kingston, NY USA
The save points can be a little frustrating but, maybe it's me, but it seems as you go through the game they get closer together.

I have had to go back a few times but most of the time it wasn't that bad.

I think I'm putting up with it because I think the game is the type of game I like and there aren't that many around. Even though, since I started using GOG I have been finding more games to my liking - puzzle and plot driven without losing your life.

One thing I think could be better is the lighting in the night scenes - they're kind of washed out, at least on my PC.

Robert

-Dr. Seuss

#1151743 - 05/21/18 08:37 AM Re: Announcing Lake Ridden - A First Person Puzzle Adventure [Re: rmelone]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Well that sounds a little better thanks !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
8 registered (gymcandy1, GuybrushThreepwood, oldbroad, BrownEyedTigre, The Haze, dianne, Koala, 1 invisible), 225 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Debcon, lucebend, Lethal_Angel, AustriaGame24, 1madmouse
9042 Registered Users