GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #956653
05/17/14 12:35 AM
05/17/14 12:35 AM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
One last comment. I found the forums to be unfriendly because of the more hard core gamers who are rude to everyone else. They told me WS was for the top !% of gamers. I told them WS wont be self sustaining if that's the case. If the "casual" players some of the posters keep insulting can't play than WildStar is doomed to become free to play or be shut down.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #956740
05/17/14 11:42 AM
05/17/14 11:42 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Sadly, there are some gamers who consider themselves above all others and really hurt the gaming community as a whole wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #957227
05/19/14 04:01 PM
05/19/14 04:01 PM
47.79N, 122.24W
BobH Offline
Addicted Boomer
BobH  Offline
Addicted Boomer

47.79N, 122.24W
Thanks for all the info Guybrush. I had to skim most of it but will read it in more detail later. Sorry to hear you dropped it.

My experience with specific game forums is that they are at their worst before release. There is little to no hard information so it allows anyone with an opinion to spout it as if they know.

If it really is so hard, I won't be interested. I am enjoying GW2 greatly, at least in part because it is about the right difficulty level for me. As annoying as the forum folks can be, it is really Carbine who is responsible to balance the game and to make it at a difficulty that will satisfy players. I hope they adjust it so that casual players can enjoy it and have success leveling. Otherwise they won't get me as a player either.

Bob
As I've grown older, I've found that my memory is not as good as I used to think it was.
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #959099
05/28/14 05:05 PM
05/28/14 05:05 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
The graphics must be optimized. My nvidia card got an update which included Wild Star profile. I'm still not playing.

Currently Playing:
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #959108
05/28/14 06:05 PM
05/28/14 06:05 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Guybrush wave

-Roger Caras
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1138032
01/10/18 12:01 PM
01/10/18 12:01 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
June 3, 2014 released as a subscription game
September 29, 2015 goes free to play
January 8, 2018 I create a Chua Engineer Scientist, take it from starter world, play a little of next planet
January 9, 2018 I create male Aurin Stalker Soldier, take it from starter world, play a little of next planet

Chua are intelligent rodents. Chua males and females are indistinguishable to none Chua. Male or female choice does nothing.
Aurin have tales and ears can range from tiny to large rabbit like ears, to ears that look like antlers. Chua are part of The Dominion (ie the Empire) and Aurin, the Exiles (ie the Republic). Free to play gets you 2 character slots.

Seems like its been made easier, too easy actually. My engineer was easily able to solo what was supposed to require a group with out taking any real damage until near the end.

I believe I'm spoiled by Star Wars: The Old Republic. Wildstar can be fun to play but it has little story. Most of the dialogue is in text. I don't think I heard either of my characters actually speak once.

I saw a couple of other player characters running around the starter worlds. No one would talk to me in chat when I tried to ask questions. So unfriendly as ever. SWTOR chat is often full of politics (mostly leftist nonsense) but you can actually get an answer to a question on occasion.

Strange the NCSoft web page (you use NCSoft account) doesn't mention either Guild Wars anymore even though they published both along with Wildstar. Different developers though. SWTOR is totally different people.

Anyway I guess back to SWTOR. Even though I know every story, they at least exist.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 01/11/18 12:14 AM.

Currently Playing:
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1150721
05/11/18 07:10 PM
05/11/18 07:10 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Despite my previous post, I got bored with SWTOR, and started playing Wildstar.

My characters (just a jpg)

Its pure coincidence that I made them from shortest to tallest. Wasn't planned.

Chua know which gender they are and what gender any other Chua they meet is but they don't care to tell other races. If the other races are so stupid they don't know male or female when they see it that's their problem.

Updated to include 2 female characters.

All but last two characters are wearing The Highwayman armor, which I got for being a beta tester. The aurin and the human left their's black. The rest dyed theirs.

Chua are short, intelligent and insane, nature is for testing their scientific theories on, everyone is dumber than they are

Aurin are tree hungers, opposite in temperament of the Chua, they believe in a natural balance which includes natural death

Humans are same race as the Cassian but the humans are rebels

Draken are the Dominion's shock troops, the live for war (similar to the Exile's Granok)

Mordesh suffer from a disease that causes their bodies to decay and drives them mad (don't ever call them "space zombies"), they use technology to keep themselves alive

Mechari are androids, created by the Eldan to insure the Cassian rule the Dominion as they wish it run

Each race has its counter on the other side:
Chua vs Aurin (despise each other)
Cassian vs Human (despise each other)
Draken vs Granok (respect each other as warriors, each prefers to test themselves against the other)
Mechari vs Mordesh (Mechari hate every Exile but especially the Mordesh for bringing a contagious disease to their maker's sacred homeworld of Nexus, Mordesh do not return the hatred but actually have a grudging respect for the Mechari's technology)

I thought it was funny to make the nature loving Aurin be what is basically an assassin class and set him on the solder path. Then make the warrior draken love science and studying nature.

Free to Play players only get 2 slots but you can earn omnibits and unlock more characters. However they max out and then it takes a week for them to start dropping again. So it will be awhile before I can add a Granok or Cassian.

Most of the time player characters are silent. But if you type /laugh into chat window your character will audibly laugh, unless its a mechari. They go through the motions but make no sound. Mechari are not programed with a sense of humor.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 05/30/18 02:30 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1151049
05/14/18 01:09 PM
05/14/18 01:09 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Added 2 new characters if you looked at the jpg in previous post, look at it again.

Currently Playing:
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1151524
05/19/18 07:01 PM
05/19/18 07:01 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Well this sucks there are no Mordesh or Mechari specific houses. If you want a house for them you have to pick from one of the other races. And Mechari don't get voices when you use /laugh. Seems they gave up on Mordesh and Mechari.

Wildstar starter houses

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 05/30/18 02:30 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1151772
05/21/18 04:05 PM
05/21/18 04:05 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I like the one on the bottom left....

-Roger Caras
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1151833
05/22/18 03:08 PM
05/22/18 03:08 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
OH I forgot to identify them.
Top: Cozy Chua House, Cozy Aurin House, Cozy Exile Human House
Bottom: Cozy Draken House, Cozy Granok House, Cozy Cassian House

Mordesh and Mechari have to pick from one of those which I think is unfair. You can pick from any of the starter houses on every character. So an aurin could have a draken house if you wanted.

Somehow I got tossed into someone else's home once, they had a fortress including weapons on the walls. Those in the picture are just the cheap starter houses.

You can change the roof, the walls, the entrance, the door. Inside you can change the cieling, floor, walls, trim, lighting and music that plays. I haven't changed much. Too pricey to get the good stuff. Eventually I'll be able to upgrade the houses.

Since I captured those imagines the chua house now has a spotlight over the door shining on the steps. I could try to capture the insides but not much to see.

When you get your house you also get some basic furniture for inside, a bed, couch, table, carpet. Also a tree for outside. Their are two different sets to choose from so you can either get a round table or a square one. A round carpet or an animal skin. A small tree or a large tree.

There are 6 other plots on your land to place other things such as a garden in which you can plant seeds then harvest the plants, a mine to harvest metals, a thicket to harvest cloths, a crafting site, etc. Some of the objects you pay for with copper, silver or gold, some you get a object that lets you built it free of charge. Those objects you get as rewards for doing your path stuff. Decorations sometimes drop in battle or are rewarded for doing quests. The chua got a tea cop which is apparently a less common drop. I put it on his table. It steams.

If you leave your character in their home when you quit the game they gain some "resting" experience.

You get your home you get quest to get your house at level 15. You have to go to faction capitol to get it. By the time I finish the other quests in the starter areas I'm level 16 or 17 before I get to capitol to get home.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 05/22/18 03:13 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1164723
10/01/18 11:50 PM
10/01/18 11:50 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Wildstar is shutting down and Carbine Studio closing. Another 50 people in the gaming industry to be out of work. Email says they will shut down the game on November 28th. I haven't been playing recently so I will never finish it.

I just uninstalled it.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 10/01/18 11:57 PM.

Currently Playing:
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Orion, soot, connie, OrleansBelle, BrownEyedTigre), 251 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users