Lineange II

I have not played Lineange I. From what I've read II despiste the name is exctually a prequel to the first game.

Another fantasy game it has 7 races and 2 basic classes which then spin off into many other subclasses as your character advances.

Six of the races begin in the same place. I'm guessing the 7th which has its own starting area was created for old players who wanted more variety. Like the Yun in Blade & Soul, the Ertheia are female only. The also have less subclass choices and it takes long for them to reach them.

Races:
Human, worship goddess of light (well most of them) all classes available to them
Elf, born of the Mother Tree, worship the goddess of water
Dark Elf, split off from other elfs to worship goddess of dark magic but found her to be too evil
Orc, worship god fire, once the servants of giants they freed themselves
Dwarf, worship earth goddess, cannot be spell casters
Kamael, created by the gods as living weapons
Ertheia, are actually from another dimension, why only the Ertheia Naan (females) were drawn into the Material Realm while the Ertheia Surr (males) were left in Wind Realm is unknow,

The two main classes are Warrior and Wizard. You pick one of those to start. Most races will than choose between new classes at at levels 20, 40, 76. At level 85 you will have reached your final class.

Ertheia are the exception. There are no choices, they simple transfer to new set classes at levels 38, 76 and 85. The only choice Ertheia have is to start as warrior or wizard.

For the other 6 races all dialogue is in text. For the Ertheia quest givers actually have voices.

Since all characters start as either warrior or wizard how do you choose your race?

If you want to become an archer and replace your sword with a bow choose human, elf, dark elf or female Kamael
If you want to become a stealthy dagger user choose human, elf, dark elf
If you want to use a rapier choose Kamael
If you want to punch your enemies to death choose Orc or Ertheia
If you want to be a paladin choose human
If you want to swing an ax, orc
If you want to swing a hammer dwarf

If you want to use fire mage choose human
if you want to use water magic choose elf, dark elf is a mixture of dark magic and air magic

Wizards all wear light armor
Warriors it depends, some wear heavy armor, some light (Orc Monk, Ertheia)

Most wizards are long range, Ertheia are short range

Movement is mouse or wasd keys. Skills mouse or function keys. And older game its simpler compared to most other MMORPGs.

Character creation has minimal choices. And actually prompts you to choose name first. There's a check availability button. Most games have you pick name last. Unlike most new games there is no built in name generator. Have names in mind first because if you spend anytime looking at name meaning websites looking for ideas the server will time out and the game will shut down. Character creation isn' long, name, race, class, gender, a hand full of different faces, hair styles and hair color. They aren't any sliders to adjust eye brow length like their are in Blade & Soul. So if you're ready to with a name it mind itd fast but its annoying having to repeat it because you didn't have a name in mind or you had one name and it was already in use.

When it comes to character deletion this game is worse than B&S. It takes a day to get it deleted. Seriously I deleted a character because I mistyped its name. He still has 7 hours before he will be deleted. Lineage 2 and Blade & Soul are only games I've ever played that don't delete your character instantly.

I won't play an elf unless its female. Male elf unless it runs around shirtless looks like a girl, its the face and hair. Male dark elf looks like a boy but normal elf looks like a girl.

The greatest difference in appearance is between male and female dwarf. Not only does male dwarf have a beard but the female is a lot smaller, looks a lot like the Ertheia.

Oh a word about NCSOft (publishes Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, Blade & Soul and Lineage II). In the past a lot of people complained about them. When I first tried Lineange II I could not get in the game because it asked for a pin I did not have. Blade & Sould uses a pin but it had me pick one the first time. I contact technical support. In minutes they had reset the pin so I could make one. Keep in mind I'm playing this game free. They helped me in minutes, not hours, not day. It takes days for SWTOR not an NCSOFT game to answer their subscribers, don't bother if youu're playing SWTOR free.

NCSoft celebrated its 21s aniversary this year. Lineage II its 14th and Carbine Studios (Wildstar developers) its 13th.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 05/28/18 11:30 AM.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic