GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#115457 - 07/13/04 10:00 PM Re: TAC Forum
maggie57 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Arizona, U.S.A.
Hello Kat and Tigger and all-

So great to be here, such a shame about TAC, I have asked them why, but so far they are mum about it. It is so nice and friendly here and I look forward to many happy evenings.

Thanks

Margo wave

#115458 - 07/13/04 10:03 PM Re: TAC Forum
maggie57 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Arizona, U.S.A.
Dear Kat-

I can never seem to get into my Nancy Drew game, I have had it a year and never go further and keep putting it on and taking it off. Is there something I am missing, like being more patient//

Thanks

Margo

#115459 - 07/13/04 10:13 PM Re: TAC Forum
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: The Land of Hurricanes, U.S.A.
Hi Margo... I mean, Maggie57! wave

I'd like to add my own personal...

--- ---

to you!

Now, which Nancy Drew game are you playing? And after you tell me, we probably should move our discussion over to the Hints forum here... wink

#115460 - 07/13/04 10:21 PM Re: TAC Forum
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by nickie:
Playing more than one genre means never having to say you can't find a new game to play. happydance

RPGs do have fighting, but some of them are like a whole bunch of adventure games put together. Years ago I had no idea that some of the games I played were of a different genre, just thought they were adventure games with fighting. rolleyes A consistent favorite over on the RPG forum is Divine Divinity, that quite a few "adventure only" folks have played and enjoyed. Lots of help there too for it, should anyone want to give it a try. devil
Nickie, you make a persuasive argument! wink

I'll keep Divine Divinity in mind, the next time I'm shopping for games to pile up on my dusty, 'unplayed' shelf... smile

Isn't it interesting that games with FIGHTING in them are more popular (in general) than games with peaceful, lovely environments in them...? think

#115461 - 07/14/04 02:05 AM Re: TAC Forum
tigger Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: England
Maggie, which Nancy Drew are you playing??? I did Message in a Haunted Mansion first and that got me hooked...

#115462 - 07/14/04 02:38 AM Re: TAC Forum
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Waimea Big Island of Hawaii
Hey Katsmom and all the other refugees from TAC, isn't this a nice place and nobody picks on you, I love it. Only problem is there is so much going on that I don't get anything done. This thread is tempting me into the RPG games, Raj is now raving on them. A plus is I have my grandkids about, in case I have no clue as to what to do. Next step is to get a scared OMG console, the excuse is that the kids will use when they come and they don't have to drag theirs over. Plus I really really want to play Van Helsing, even if it sucks, does it suck?

#115463 - 07/14/04 02:41 AM Re: TAC Forum
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi again, Tigger. Here I am, up all night again (where I am, anyway).

While the daughter's away, the mom will play (hehehe)

I've played all the Nancy Drew games. Trouble is, I don't REMEMBER much about them today. The kids in the TAC forum kept telling me to play them AGAIN... but I insisted there were all these NEW games I needed to play first.

So when I try to help with ND games, I generally have to consult a walkthrough.

#115464 - 07/14/04 02:49 AM Re: TAC Forum
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Katsmom: Isn't it interesting that games with FIGHTING in them are more popular (in general) than games with peaceful, lovely environments in them...? think [/QB]
Yes, it is interesting. Does it in some ways factor in dealing with everyday stress - either doing a zen thing and being calmed by having a peaceful environment, or releasing the pent up road rage by blasting away at baddies?

#115465 - 07/14/04 02:58 AM Re: TAC Forum
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer

Hawka, it's so great to 'see' you around here! lol

#115466 - 07/14/04 03:10 AM Re: TAC Forum
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Yes, it is interesting. Does it in some ways factor in dealing with everyday stress - either doing a zen thing and being calmed by having a peaceful environment, or releasing the pent up road rage by blasting away at baddies?
Speaking of bad memory (or were we?)... I forgot I'd asked that question, nickie!

--- --- You're right. I guess we all DO have a 'dark side' that needs a safe outlet...

Divine Divinity, you suggested? wink

#115467 - 07/14/04 07:27 AM Re: TAC Forum
tigger Offline
Graduate Boomer

I play Zuma for that type of release... a blast em up silly game!!!!

#115468 - 07/14/04 07:42 AM Re: TAC Forum
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Quote:
Isn't it interesting that games with FIGHTING in them are more popular (in general) than games with peaceful, lovely environments in them...?
Is this actually true? Isn't The Sims the best-selling PC game of all time? And Myst must rank well toward the top.

It would be interesting to see a chart showing the ten best-selling PC games of all time.

#115469 - 07/15/04 08:43 AM Re: TAC Forum
mbari Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: well of forever
Hi everyone!!!
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still around. Good to see some familiar characters here. Terrible thing about TAC. Helping people thru stuck points in their games is part of the enjoyment in adventure gaming for me. I already miss it.

mbari

#115470 - 07/15/04 09:16 AM Re: TAC Forum
danyboy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Canada
Hi mbari,

Nice to see you around, hope that you will stay among us.

CU

danyboy smile

http://www.mysterymanor.net

#115471 - 07/15/04 01:18 PM Re: TAC Forum
tigger Offline
Graduate Boomer

Becky, you can kill people in the Sims too.... just get em to go for a swim and remove the ladders, make em cook when they have no skill points, get a guineapig....

Katsmom, I have all the ND's but only started playing them recently so I can remember most bits... especially the timed sequences!!!

welcome to Gb mbari!!

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
22 registered (cyanne, dorish, dianne, BrownEyedTigre, Drizzt, flutist, Cathy1, Donald, Collector, cmumm59, 1 invisible), 100 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Bellman, B_McAtee, pignose, Mistywarren, keonie
8511 Registered Users