GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Removing Skyrim SE #1154269
06/17/18 02:38 PM
06/17/18 02:38 PM
Delaware, USA
SharonB Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
SharonB  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Delaware, USA
Hello. I currently have Skyrim SE purchased thru Steam on my E drive under Steam. I've been playing around with it and now I want to uninstall it completely so I can reinstall it again, hopefully correctly this time. As this game is on the E drive I know that I can just hit delete to remove those files. But will this remove it completely? What about registry entries, etc? I'm still using Windows 7. Once I get it removed completely, what is the best way to install/reinstall it? I know this sounds like a pretty stupid question, but I want to add some mods and I want to get it right. As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Removing Skyrim SE [Re: SharonB] #1154271
06/17/18 02:45 PM
06/17/18 02:45 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: SharonB
As this game is on the E drive I know that I can just hit delete to remove those files. But will this remove it completely?

No. Anything outside the main file folder will be left behind, including not only registry entries, but also saved games and/or game settings that were stored in the hidden AppData folder on the C: drive. And if you have "Steam Cloud" active anything the Steam server has collected will remain there.

Is there some reason you can't remove the game using the Programs icon in Control Panel?
Or use Steam Client to remove the game.
Open Steam Client and log in
Library tab
Right-click game and choose Uninstall.
Confirm the uninstall.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 241 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users