GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Profile corrupted #1157323
07/19/18 03:07 PM
07/19/18 03:07 PM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
I was playing a HOPA from Big Fish, when the game locked up on a puzzle. I had to cont-alt-delete to get out. Went back and tried again. Same result. After the third try, I got a "Profile corrupted" message and lost my progress. Anyone else have this happen? I've played these games for years, and this is the first time I've experienced this. I'm going to try to play the game with a new profile before I report to BFG.

Re: Profile corrupted [Re: Sparkle] #1157328
07/19/18 03:38 PM
07/19/18 03:38 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Funny you should mention this. After years of playing Big Fish games, I also received my first profile corrupted message; it was with a Domini game. This took place after a super-long loading screen and then the game froze up. Thankfully I wasn't too far in so I just started over.

Re: Profile corrupted [Re: Marian] #1157331
07/19/18 03:48 PM
07/19/18 03:48 PM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
It was a Domini game - Mystery Tales: The Other Side CE. I was quite a ways into the game when this happened. Odd that you got the profile corrupted message early on.

Re: Profile corrupted [Re: Sparkle] #1157332
07/19/18 03:50 PM
07/19/18 03:50 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I have been having some quirky problems with Domini games lately. It seems to have started with the last four releases of theirs. Apart from the one described above, I had two of their games that wouldn't launch properly - one of them was the Mystery Tales: The Other Side demo - they would launch after many attempts but never consistently. I am inclined to think that they made some kind of change(s) to their programming that makes their games problematic at times for some players. Other people were saying in the forum that their game wouldn't launch, as well. I have found myself having to uninstall/re-download their games and fiddle with them a bit sometimes. Prior to their last four releases I never had a lick of trouble with any of their games.

Re: Profile corrupted [Re: Sparkle] #1157355
07/19/18 09:40 PM
07/19/18 09:40 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I just finished a Domini game (Labyrinths of the World: When Worlds Collide) and did not experience a Profile Corruption, but did have some minor issues with the game "stalling" when it came time to move from one scene to another. Once, I decided to leave it running and see if it would move along on its own, given time. I came back 15 minutes later and it had gotten over its hiccup.

Also, there were two instances in the game when I solved a mini-game but it just sat there, rather than rewarding me with the requisite Inventory goodies. In each case, I looked up the solution to the puzzle in the Strategy Guide and my solution was what was depicted as the correct answer. My only recourse was to Skip the puzzle each time, to get the game to give me my Inventory reward and continue playing from there.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Kaki's Sister), 248 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users