GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115825
01/13/03 10:04 AM
01/13/03 10:04 AM
the Netherlands
B
Betje Offline
Settled Boomer
Betje  Offline
Settled Boomer
B

the Netherlands
Yes, eating live prawns sounds pretty disgusting too, but for a different reason: all of a sudden your stomach has moved to a spot between your ears. wink

Betje (fish and chips for me, and a cup of tea with a dash of milk)

The beaded curtain slams shut behind you. There's no turning back now...
Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115826
01/13/03 09:04 PM
01/13/03 09:04 PM
Washington, USA
Andy Offline
Settled Boomer
Andy  Offline
Settled Boomer

Washington, USA
Hi all,

Interesting to read all the responses to this topic (BTW, I am planning to get Dark Fall real soon, Jonathon!).

Have any of you played that terrific on-line game called Faradise? I don't know if it is still available, but I find myself thinking of it from time to time and wishing I could be there. It had great atmosphere - in fact, I almost got a sun burn while playing it (lol).

laugh Andy

Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115827
01/13/03 09:52 PM
01/13/03 09:52 PM
Battle Creek, Michigan
MacDee Offline
Adept Boomer
MacDee  Offline
Adept Boomer

Battle Creek, Michigan
I want to be on Jungle Island in Riven, playing with sunners, lying on the white sand, taking rides in the submarine.

Andy, Faradise is still around and it was beautiful. wink

~Dee

Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115828
01/13/03 10:40 PM
01/13/03 10:40 PM
Pennsylvania, USA (left my bel...
mszv Offline
Addicted Boomer
mszv  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi all,
Having had some bad days recently I want to do the following

- get back to Myst - Myst Island and all the supporting ages. I'll read the books in the library that aren't burned. Maybe I'll set up my bedroom in Channelwood. I'll hang out on the stoneship. I'll have to figure out where to get food, and if it's ever warm enough to go swimming, in all that water.

- hang out on the ship in Morpheus. I want a working ship, especially the plant room, and the gym. Wasn't there a pool (I'm very water focused)? I don't want any of those pesky irritating passengers, corporeal or not. Bringing my own passengers would be fine, but if not, I'll spend a month or so in blessed solitude. I'll look at the frozen landscape (and I hate the cold), then I'll enjoy myself on the rest of the ship.

- In Syberia, spend, oh maybe a year at the spa at Aralberg. I am a little worried about the quality of the cuisine. Maybe they can import cuisine from California, Italy, France and Mexico for me. At least the liquor will be fine. In the summer, I'll "take the waters" outside. In the other seasons, I'll swim in that really nifty indoor pool (well, I said I was water focused). Maybe they can give me my very own automaton to talk to.

- I think the house in Amber looked oddly comforting, before, of course, all those apparitions started appearing. It looked about the right size for me. I'd like to let in a little more light in the house, improve that computer, and add a home computer network with a couple more computers. It looks like home theater could also be improved - I didn't see any good speakers hooked up to the TV. This would only be a summer hangout - I'm not staying there in the snow. That boat dock (water again) was nice.

- I've got great hopes for "Paris of the 20s" in Post Mortem. I just started the game, so I didn't get to any of the not nice sections of Paris, I'm sure there are some. The detective protagonist should really improve his apartment (flat) though. Using oil paints (in the 20s they didn't have acrylic paints) in a living situation is really bad for you. Ventilation in his living and working space looked terrible.

All for now.

mszv, amarez in Myst Online (KI 89257)and my online worlds.

blog - http://www.amarez.com, Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/amareze
Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115829
01/14/03 12:00 AM
01/14/03 12:00 AM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Hmmmmmmm all of these places sound really great. I would have to go with the peaceful beauty of the Andes in Journey man 3.

For excitement I would definitely love to hang out at Calahans and mike and the rest. Really love riddle night and saving up every bad pun I can find.

Wouldn't mind riding the dragon on Rent A Hero. Then in the evening - I would take a good book and go upstairs to my room at the top of a lighthouse on a dark and stormy English coast wink

Laura

Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115830
01/14/03 12:41 AM
01/14/03 12:41 AM
Brooklyn, New York
housewife Offline
Addicted Boomer
housewife  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Brooklyn, New York
I would love to own that mansion in the Watchmaker, swimming it that big pool.

And also, you might find this a little weird but I would like to be the only real life person living in the cartoon life of Broken Sword the smoking mirror. I love the beautiful colors of that game.

And spend my weekend at Riven. exploring the odd places.

Liz thumbsup

Playing now: Still Life 2..Last Half of Darkness: Tomb of Zojir:
Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115831
01/15/03 03:16 PM
01/15/03 03:16 PM
Newark, DE
Glenna Offline
Settled Boomer
Glenna  Offline
Settled Boomer

Newark, DE
My first choice would be the Irish Island in Beyond Atlantis. I could lie in the grass and look up at the clouds all day. If only I could listen to that haunting music that accompanied that part of the game. smile

My second choice would be any of the islands in Faradise. thumbsup

Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115832
01/15/03 03:49 PM
01/15/03 03:49 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Quote:
The worlds of Myst would probably be my favorite place to visit. I'd also like to visit D'Ni before the fall (provided the inhabitants were nicer to me than they were to Ti'Ana).

I'm afraid Amerzone would be too hot for me. Otherwise touring the Amerzone in a hydraflot with sufficient fuel would be fun.

But wherever I went, I wouldn't want to be too far from bathroom facilities. I wouldn't want to be using some strange leaves for TP and later find out they were kin to poison ivy. That sort of thing can really mess up your vacation plans.

Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115833
01/15/03 04:00 PM
01/15/03 04:00 PM
Sweden
Mammamu Offline
Settled Boomer
Mammamu  Offline
Settled Boomer

Sweden
I am late but I have read what you all have written. A friend of mine has had Riven as a loan now for a year. I would like to go there very soon.I have always wanted to sit with my feet in the water somewhere in the sun on the Jungle Island and maybe I could make friend with that little girl.

Then I must visit Ireland in Atlantis 2 and ride the big white horse.

The beautiful castles of Bavaria seem irresistable. Perhaps I will meet my Werewolf-rabbit Ludwig, what do you think?

Christina

Summer is best...in winter.
Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115834
01/15/03 11:35 PM
01/15/03 11:35 PM
mszv Offline
Addicted Boomer
mszv  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by housewife:
I would love to own that mansion in the Watchmaker, swimming it that big pool.
Nobody told me there was a mansion with a big pool in Watchmaker! Watchmaker is now back on my "try to play this in 2003" list.

mszv, amarez in Myst Online (KI 89257)and my online worlds.

blog - http://www.amarez.com, Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/amareze
Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115835
01/15/03 11:37 PM
01/15/03 11:37 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mszv:
Quote:
Originally posted by housewife:
[b] I would love to own that mansion in the Watchmaker, swimming it that big pool.
Nobody told me there was a mansion with a big pool in Watchmaker! Watchmaker is now back on my "try to play this in 2003" list. [/b]
It's not a mansion. It's a castle.

Re: Dream Holidays in fiction..... #115836
01/16/03 12:22 AM
01/16/03 12:22 AM
Y
Yapette Offline
Settled Boomer
Yapette  Offline
Settled Boomer
Y

No one has mentioned Carmen Sandiego.
I'd fly everywhere.

If it must be one place: Road to India.
I love New Delhi, but it has lots more people than the game smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Draclvr, manxman), 249 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users