GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1159764 - 08/11/18 10:28 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Just quit to main menu and then choose the second world. You should then be at the pond with the Golem to see if you can start the 4th world.

Lion_1251

#1159765 - 08/11/18 10:43 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
rmelone Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Kingston, NY USA
I ended up using the exit option which took me back to the pond and I'm now in the 4th world.

Thanks for you help.

Robert

-Dr. Seuss

#1159766 - 08/11/18 10:48 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
Draclvr Offline
Hints & Glitches forum Moderator
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
Hope things go more smoothly now!

#1159777 - 08/11/18 11:37 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
rmelone Offline
Addicted Boomer

Just a thought for future reference.

I think when I went back to Hyaku Lake and retrieved the 2nd rune - at that point I probably
could have exited the level and then started the 4th world. I don't think there was any advantage
to going any further.

Robert

-Dr. Seuss

#1159781 - 08/11/18 12:18 PM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer

Have fun in the 4th world where you find a couple of difficult puzzles, after that the garden.
And at last the finale world with difficult puzzles and at the end an very extended and difficult puzzle.

Enjoy Lion_1251

#1160503 - 08/18/18 09:21 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
rmelone Offline
Addicted Boomer

I finished the game but when I look at the stats for the slot I played it only shows 92% completion.

How can I find out what I missed to get that number up to 100%?

Thanks,

Robert

-Dr. Seuss

#1160506 - 08/18/18 09:54 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer

Did you look at the walkthrough at www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl, it is a Dutch website but it has an English section and there you find our walkthrough for Xing.

I had 100%, just look through that walkthrough to see if you've missed something.

I think that is the way to do because I can't tell you from here what you missed.

Lion_1251

Edited by Lion_1251 (08/18/18 09:55 AM)

#1160511 - 08/18/18 10:50 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
rmelone Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yes, I have the walk through but right now when I go into the game it takes me into Charia Town and I
want to go back to Zeneth (I think) because that may be where I missed some things.

Right now it looks like I'm stuck in Charia Town and may have to go through that level again to get back
to Zeneth. When I exit the Charia level back to the main menu it takes me back to the beginning
sequence of the game but when I hit play I'm right back in Charia.

If I select "Progress" it shows the four worlds - or levels.

Robert

-Dr. Seuss

#1160526 - 08/18/18 02:32 PM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer

Yes you have to play through Charia Town and then you are back in the garden. Then you can search the rest of the garden.
Lucky it is not a big deal, did you find the rune up above on the rocks.

Lion_1251

#1160528 - 08/18/18 02:50 PM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
rmelone Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yes, I did find the rune above the rocks.

I didn't realize I had to go through the rest of the garden. I finished all of those locations
and now have all the runes for the main gate leading into the garden.

I went back to the beginning and now have 100% so obviously it was because I hadn't finished everything
in the garden.

Thanks for your help - it was a great game.

Can you recommend any other games that are similar? I've been playing quite a few, mostly on GOG.

Robert

-Dr. Seuss

#1160596 - 08/19/18 04:50 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer

Yes, it is a great game. It was hard to figure out the puzzles like: the drums in Nahele Rain, the puzzle in the pond in Hyaku Lake, 2 puzzles in The Desert of Naar and of course the puzzles in The Steps of Akasha.

An other one I liked very much is Quern, Undying Thoughts; Lake Ridden; The Eyes of Ara; The Painscreek Killings; Obduction; RoonSehv; ASA and Catyph.
In a little bit different genre: The House of Da Vinci; The Room 1 + 2.

And of course a couple of older games: Reah, Amerzone, all the Myst-games and there are more but I can't play them on W-10.
I probally have forgotten a lot of other games.

Lion_1251 thumbsup wave2

#1160602 - 08/19/18 06:00 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
Upsydaisy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Thank you, Lion, for the info on similar games. I am downloading a demo of The Painscreek Killings from Steam, will also try Lake Ridden. I have played the other games you recommend and agree totally about Xing. My only problem was for some reason I wasn't able to see the ice pillars, the developers released a patch to remedy this but it didn't work on my system. Managed to nearly complete the game by drawing diagrams, but I had to watch the Steps of Akasha on Youtube. Too many ice pillars!! wave2

#1160611 - 08/19/18 09:50 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer

I also saw the videowalkthrough on Youtube but they never explain the puzzles and aften are not complete.
Did you finish the game? It took me a while to figure out the puzzles in the Steps of Akasha.

Did you see our English walkthrough for this game, alot of screenshots and an explanation for the puzzles.

I got a tip from Louis for another good game: The Talos Principle.

Lion_1251

#1160612 - 08/19/18 09:56 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
rmelone Offline
Addicted Boomer

I also down loaded The Painscreek Killings from Steam but am unable to "use" the items in inventory - it's grayed out. Is there something I'm missing in the initial loading or setup of the game or could this be a bug.

I'm wondering if Upsydaisy had the same problem.

Robert

NOTE: I found the problem. I had to click on the lock in order to be able to use the key. Sorry for the quick post.

Edited by rmelone (08/19/18 10:01 AM)

-Dr. Seuss

#1160625 - 08/19/18 11:38 AM Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake [Re: rmelone]
Draclvr Offline
Hints & Glitches forum Moderator
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
Another game with some interesting puzzles is The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. The graphics are also spectacular, but it does need a fairly hefty video card.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/258520/The_Vanishing_of_Ethan_Carter/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (BrownEyedTigre, Cue, misslilo, Sparkle, dorish, CaptainD, gymcandy1), 43 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Lethal_Angel, AustriaGame24, 1madmouse, AdventurGameGeek, JamesPierce
9040 Registered Users