GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
NEED PATCHES WITHOUT MALWARE #1159651
08/10/18 01:38 PM
08/10/18 01:38 PM
Indiana
Vertex Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Vertex  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Indiana
I now have a computer capable of playing Syberia 1 at long last. However, the game freezes when Kate Walker hands Oscar his feet. I have been looking for patches at all kinds of places, including links on Gameboomers. When I find promising downloads, the site attempts to slip malware and other nasty stuff into my hard drive and my antivirus cuts me off. Would there be any kind soul here who can provide the patches for Syberia 1 and 2? It would be much appreciated and I guarantee your karma will rack up at least 10 more points.
May the fleas from a thousand camels infest all those who try to take advantage of an adventure gamer!

OF COURSE THOSE CRAZIES ARE HAPPY! And that makes me crazy!
Re: NEED PATCHES WITHOUT MALWARE [Re: Vertex] #1159659
08/10/18 02:42 PM
08/10/18 02:42 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Try Patches-Scrolls
https://patches-scrolls.de/patch/4110/7/

This patch is for the original Syberia CD from 2002.
The patch is from 2003 and is the only official patch.
Its main function is to fix problems caused by hyperthreading or multi-core processors. Any re-issue CD's already have this patch applied. As far as I know there was never a more recent downloadable patch, but download versions (from GOG, Steam, Big Fish, etc.) may have additional tweaks to help them run on modern hardware.

Be aware that modern antivirus often label every piece of software that isn't "popular" as a virus. And considering that this sp3 Syberia patch wasn't needed for any reissue version of Syberia, or any modern download version, it's not "popular."

I don't know of any patch for Syberia 2 -- unless you're looking for a NoCD crack. Like game trainers, NoCD's are often labelled as malware even when they're not. They aren't official patches, but may be necessary if disc-based DRM is blocking the game from starting.

I don't know where you tried to download the patch from, but some places that used to be reliable now attempt to install unwanted toolbars, etc.

Syberia is sold all over the place, and you can find it for as little as $1.99 when there's a sale at GOG, Steam, etc. If you're not finding a patch that is fixing whatever your problem with the game is, I'd recommend re-purchasing it as a download when it's on sale.

Originally Posted By: Vertex
I now have a computer capable of playing Syberia 1 at long last.

Considering that 20-year-old computers were able to play it as long as they had a video card with 32mb video RAM, I'm wondering if you mean you got a vintage computer as opposed to a new one.

Re: NEED PATCHES WITHOUT MALWARE [Re: Vertex] #1159662
08/10/18 02:48 PM
08/10/18 02:48 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
And just in case you have problems - although the patches-scrolls website is great - GOG does sell these games completely patched for modern computers.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: NEED PATCHES WITHOUT MALWARE [Re: Vertex] #1159966
08/13/18 04:57 AM
08/13/18 04:57 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
I always had to play Syberia in compatibility mode because it froze in parts of the game. That was all i did - no patches needed. Maybe you can try that too? Good Luck!

Gerry
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (michele rose), 400 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users