GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Secret City: London Calling - New HOPA on Big Fish #1152219
05/27/18 09:12 AM
05/27/18 09:12 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Secret City: London Calling here.

To view the comments and access the link to the Collector's Edition, click here.

Quote:
Domini Games, creators of Dark Romance and Labyrinths of the World, invites you to share the secret in this exciting new brand!

Welcome to London... but not the London you know. Just beneath the surface lies an ancient city of magicians, giants, and dwarves. You have been called in to investigate a series of strange murders that threatens to break the centuries-old peace between the races. Explore these unique and dangerous worlds as you track down the killer in this thrilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure Game!

Check out our Blog Walkthrough.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! hamster

Re: Secret City: London Calling - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1152220
05/27/18 09:25 AM
05/27/18 09:25 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks, Marian.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Secret City: London Calling - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1152437
05/29/18 02:11 PM
05/29/18 02:11 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I played this one earlier this month, although I haven't been a paying member at BF for many years now because my buying habits are erratic (we often are traveling for months at a time). Maybe they aren't as strict about their "Today's Game for Members" criterion as it would seem?

Anyway, I thought it was excellent, long-playing (several days), felt like a huge file. Very creative, with many locations. I had a few "WTH?" moments, but nothing to put me off. Puzzles are medium to difficult, just the way I like them. It has the usual pop-ups if you want to hunt Collectibles, but otherwise they are not in your face. Note-taking will be vital unless you have an excellent memory, because there is a lot of Adventuring-Around to be done. I appreciated that, too. I am bored silly with Casuals that include everything you need in the SAME scene. Duh!

I liked how this game tweaked my Thinkmeat, and I gave it my highest of three ratings. It is marked down as a Replay on my spreadsheet. happydance

I went for the CE and felt the extra play was worth it.

Re: Secret City: London Calling - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1164484
09/29/18 03:17 PM
09/29/18 03:17 PM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
I just got around to playing this game and agree wholeheartedly with Reenie. I especially appreciate that inventory items have unique uses. Even in Easy mode the puzzles are challenging.

I need some help though. I'm in the tower and seem to have what I need to teleport. I placed the film reel and, from looking at walkthroughs, it seems a recipe is supposed to show up on the photos placed on the table with the movie projector. I keep getting the message the I need something to prop it up, but question marks appear instead of the gears that tell you that you should place an inventory item. I've tried everything currently in my inventory. But the scene won't accept any of them. Using the Hint function, I just keep getting the run around except for pointing me to the fireplace where I'm supposed to use the special dust - which I can't make without the recipe. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Secret City: London Calling - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Sparkle] #1164485
09/29/18 03:25 PM
09/29/18 03:25 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I hope that someone who has played this game will be able to help you.

I just looked through the old Big Fish forum for this game and someone in this thread seemed to be having the same problem. The guide writer for the game had a suggestion for them, but I don't know if it would help.

Re: Secret City: London Calling - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1164512
09/30/18 10:56 AM
09/30/18 10:56 AM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
Thank you, Marian. I've moved on to another game until I have the patience to sort it out.

ETA: I contacted Big Fish and have decided to take a coupon code rather than mess around. I might try the game again from the beginning with a new profile and see if I still run into this glitch. But I'll probably wait a while.

Last edited by Sparkle; 10/01/18 05:08 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, 1 invisible), 261 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users