GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1144769 - 03/15/18 11:04 AM quern
Billy the Kid 64 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: New Jersey
Does anybody find QUERN a difficult game to play or is it me.Ilove challenging games this is a great game but for me extremely hard. does anybody body else feel that way.Of corse being 80 years old don't help.

#1144796 - 03/15/18 01:01 PM Re: quern [Re: Billy the Kid 64]
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
You are wright, it is a difficult game but it is very nice
there are lots of puzzles, sometimes easy but also some very difficult one.
i made a walkthrough for it but that one is in Dutch, for one puzzle i cannot give a solution.
the puzzle is a game of mastermind and is every time different.

if you want some help let me know which puzzle and i will try to help you.

#1144844 - 03/15/18 04:02 PM Re: quern [Re: Billy the Kid 64]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Billy the Kid 64
Does anybody find QUERN a difficult game to play or is it me.Ilove challenging games this is a great game but for me extremely hard. does anybody body else feel that way.Of corse being 80 years old don't help.

I certainly found it difficult, Billy the Kid 64, and although I got well past halfway through, I did give up and leave it for a second attempt in the future.

The puzzles were altogether mind boggling - and tired me out laugh

#1144863 - 03/15/18 05:07 PM Re: quern [Re: Mad]
rmelone Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Kingston, NY USA
You're right. It is very difficult game but I found it enjoyable - especially when a light bulb
goes off and you've solved something during your journey through Quern - and that's what is, a journey.

I did find a very good video walk through on Youtube if you're interested.

You can find it here.

Robert

-Dr. Seuss

#1144877 - 03/15/18 06:10 PM Re: quern [Re: rmelone]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thank you, rmelone. I'll make a note of it grin

#1144888 - 03/15/18 08:16 PM Re: quern [Re: Billy the Kid 64]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Another good YouTube person for walkthroughs is J.B. Lewis, who has a walkthrough for Quern here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCdcBwzARVX1AJs9kmNaV4tagiYyU507Z

He also has walkthroughs for the RHEM games, though he doesn't have one for the SE version.

#1144936 - 03/16/18 08:44 AM Re: quern [Re: Billy the Kid 64]
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi everybody,

We have made a text walkthrough for Quern with lots of screenshots back in 2017, this one is in Dutch.

Next week I will translate that one to English, after I finished it I will send it to Louis and he will put it on his site: www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl.

I will make a reply when it is on the website.

I hope you have fun with it.

Lion_1251

#1144969 - 03/16/18 11:07 AM Re: quern [Re: Lion_1251]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Jenny100 ..
I do have that one noted already, but thank you very much grin

Lion_1251 ..
Great !! Will be going for it as soon as it's available yes

#1166572 - 10/19/18 11:25 PM Re: quern [Re: Billy the Kid 64]
oldbroad Online   happy
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
I backed this game on Kickstarter and downloaded it as soon as it came out but just tonight have started playing it. So far, so good. I played under 2 hours and solved a couple of puzzles. Moving right along. lol I didn't have my eyes open at first and did consult a walkthrough on the very first lock puzzle because I thought I might be doing something wrong. Had I been paying better attention, I would have seen the problem and figured it out but I'll give myself that one as part of the "learning curve". I do hope it doesn't get too hard though later in the game.

#1166625 - 10/20/18 03:26 PM Re: quern [Re: oldbroad]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

I really liked this game but had to shelve it for a future re-play (to maintain my sanity) even though I was probably three quarters of the way through.

The constantly very difficult puzzles were wearing me out !! slapforehead

#1166666 - 10/20/18 10:37 PM Re: quern [Re: Billy the Kid 64]
oldbroad Online   happy
Addicted Boomer

I played for 2 hours tonight and didn't accomplish much of anything. There's already a puzzle I can't figure out.

#1166955 - 10/23/18 05:19 PM Re: quern [Re: Billy the Kid 64]
Elentgirl Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: North Wales, UK
Quern is definitely the best game I have played this year, and even compares reasonably with my all-time favourite game, Riven (to which it has more than a passing resemblance!) I found most of the puzzles satsfyingly logical, though I used a walkthrough on one or two occasions to point me in the right direction. The game has some very useful built-in help: a map that grows as new areas are opened to you, an ability to make sketches (stylised screenshots) whenever you want, and a hint function in the Inventory which I found very useful.

It is also an amazingly long game. When I first looked at the walkthrough on YouTube, I thought I was about halfway through the game, and found that I was only part way through the first of five videos! As you open up new areas you find amazing new things to play with.

If you want a game that recaptures the atmosphere of Myst and Riven, but with a fully 3D environments, then Quern is a must play game!

#1166962 - 10/23/18 06:09 PM Re: quern [Re: Billy the Kid 64]
oldbroad Online   happy
Addicted Boomer

I like the game a lot so far. After posting above about being stuck, I managed to figure that puzzle out the next day and made a lot of progress but then became hopelessly stuck again. There was one thing I was trying to do but I guess I didn't try hard enough. I used the walkthrough just enough to see that I need to continue on with the thing I was trying. I didn't look at the solution and haven't yet gone back in the game to see if I can figure it out. As long as I am "exploring" and getting someplace I am fine, but when I get stuck and start wandering around to see if/what I missed, then I start getting motion sick. frown

I think I am only about a third of the way through the game.

#1167028 - 10/24/18 04:39 AM Re: quern [Re: Billy the Kid 64]
Lion_1251 Offline
Settled Boomer

Quern is a very good game, I played it a couple of times and Louis and I made a text walkthrough for this game.
Most puzzles I could figure out but sometimes I needed a little help from a walkthrough.

We explain all the puzzles exept 1, that is a game of master mind and that is different in each game.
In march I played it again and I have translated the walkthrough to English, you can find it on the website of Louis.

Lots of fun playing Quern,

Lion_1251 wave2

#1168720 - 11/10/18 10:10 PM Re: quern [Re: Billy the Kid 64]
oldbroad Online   happy
Addicted Boomer

I was really, really, loving this game until tonight. (I still love it but am just upset with it at the moment.) There is a puzzle involving a projector that I worked on for a couple of days and finally consulted a walkthrough for help. I was not doing something right but now that I have, the result that was supposed to happen, didn't. duh Anyway, it's making me ill so I had to get out for now. I think I'll take a look at Louis and Lion's walkthrough when I am feeling better enough to go back in.

Edit: OMG! I finally figured it out, why the location and clue didn't make sense to me and why the result didn't happen. I was focused on the wrong target. Unfortunately, I am too sick to continue now! sick

Edited by oldbroad (11/10/18 11:05 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (TLC, Draclvr, Redz, 8dognight, jimrh69, CanukDenis, oldbroad, Marian, curly, misslilo), 234 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Debcon, lucebend, Lethal_Angel, AustriaGame24, 1madmouse
9042 Registered Users