GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#118495 - 05/29/05 09:33 PM Re: Adventure Boomers?
SkeeterUK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I find action games much better with my gamepad i bought, its a thrustmaster firestorm wireless one. Specially as there designed for action games and are usually totally remapable controls for them. Fps games arnt too good tho as i hate aiming guns with the directional pad. best for them are the wasd keys and mouse and thats it really.

#118496 - 05/29/05 09:43 PM Re: Adventure Boomers?
Robert Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Pinson, Al USA
Hi Glynn wave

I love all the Tom Clancy games , Splinter Cell is one of my favorites too , I just finished "Chaos Theory" a couple of weeks ago. Have you tried the "Ghost Recon" series ? , they're pretty good too . If I can get games like that on PS2 or Xbox , that's my preference , since I can rent them from Gamefly.com . I would go broke buying all the types of games I love to play lol . Right now I'm playing Psychonauts on my Xbox and Dark Fall: Lights Out on the P.C. and have Black Mirror , The Longest Journey , Zork : Grand Inquisitor , Beyond Atlantis and Runaway all waiting to be loaded after I finish Dark Fall 2. I went crazy at Amazon and Ebay , but BaaGed some really good deals . happydance

#118497 - 05/29/05 09:52 PM Re: Adventure Boomers?
Robert Offline
Addicted Boomer

Skeeter, I saw an adapter and drivers to connect an Xbox controller to the pc at Consolestop.com . I think it's "remappable" ( if that's a word ) lol . I wonder how good that would be. And if you can use the thumbsticks for moving , looking and aiming instead of the directional button.

#118498 - 05/29/05 10:05 PM Re: Adventure Boomers?
Glynn Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Virginia
Robert, I haven't played the "Ghost Recon" just not enough time for all the games I have frown You sure picked some good games! I have played all of the adventure games you just bought...let us know what you think of "Zork Grand Inquisitor" It was a RIOT! LOL Glynn

#118499 - 05/29/05 10:39 PM Re: Adventure Boomers?
Legolas813 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Florida
I'm 20 years old, and like just about all genre of games.

#118500 - 05/29/05 10:53 PM Re: Adventure Boomers?
Robert Offline
Addicted Boomer

thumbsup as I'm sure the others do too ) and at Mr. Bills Adventureland and compiled a list of games that I wanted to try. There are many more on my wish-list , I'll definitely report back as I finish them.

#118501 - 05/30/05 12:04 AM Re: Adventure Boomers?
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert:
Right now I'm playing Psychonauts on my Xbox and Dark Fall: Lights Out on the P.C. and have Black Mirror , The Longest Journey , Zork : Grand Inquisitor , Beyond Atlantis and Runaway all waiting to be loaded after I finish Dark Fall 2. I went crazy at Amazon and Ebay , but BaaGed some really good deals . happydance
Yep, a confirmed BAAGER you are! Isn't it wonderful! happydance

#118502 - 05/30/05 12:55 AM Re: Adventure Boomers?
Robert Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indeed Nickie wave

And I'm tickled soooo pink rotfl

#118503 - 05/30/05 04:28 AM Re: Adventure Boomers?
SkeeterUK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Robert here is a small review and pic of my gamepad its a bit like xbox's but i think with more buttons.

here

Also if those that liked psx controllers then play.com have some adapters for about 9.99 i think.

#118504 - 05/30/05 03:12 PM Re: Adventure Boomers?
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: florida
wave To Glynn, Plilipp,Ditlihi, Teresa, and anyone else out there(besides me) who's 60 and over: Wow, I didn't realise there are so many of you and even more over 50 playing computer games!

I don't know anyone personally who plays. The people my age all think computer games are "all violence" , "a waste of time", "crazy", or "why do they play them anyway" or any other negative remark they can come up with. Needless to say, when I'm around that talk, I keep my mouth shut and think how boring life would be without this great entertainment.

I also am a reader and a traveller, maybe that has something to do with it-many do not do these things either.

#118505 - 05/30/05 08:54 PM Re: Adventure Boomers?
Robert Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hey Bigmamma wave Do as I do and make the case that computer games sharpen your obversation and concentration skills and they can also help create a closer relationship with ones children/grandchildren . By the way , I just BAAGed NOLF2(no one lives forever 2 ) , can't wait to play it. happydance bravo lol

#118506 - 05/31/05 01:27 PM Re: Adventure Boomers?
Adorable Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Surprise, AZ
How about a great grandma who's an adventure game junkie? I don't like the action games either because my reflexes ain't what they used to be. I have about six games going right now and have ordered several more, plus I have completed probably two dozen games. Guess I should do something more constructive with my "remaining" years but these games keep my mind active.

#118507 - 05/31/05 02:25 PM Re: Adventure Boomers?
Robert Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Adorable, It sounds like your definiately an adventure game junkie . You've had kids , they've had kids , and their kids have had kids , so you already have been very constuctive . Now it's time for YOU to have a little fun and if adventure gaming is what you like , go for it !! bravo smile

#118508 - 05/31/05 02:36 PM Re: Adventure Boomers?
teresa Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Nice to know I am not strange and there are friends out there. Go boomers go

#118509 - 06/01/05 04:17 AM Re: Adventure Boomers?
bithika Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: London
Hi Robert this is a good question and its very interesting hearing which games people like to play.
I am female and just turned 30. I used to play computer games as a kid but stopped for years. It was was Myst that got me back into playing games and now I play adventure games the most. But I also love Silent Hill and Tomb Raider and I was addicted to the Zelda games both on the Nintendo 64 and when it was on the gameboy. Apart from playing Half-Life with a load of people online, I am not that keen on shooters or racing games (have never been much good with a gun). But I love the Sims! smile

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (dougort, chobits, Koala, Adam_B, Draclvr, gymcandy1, ergggo, BrownEyedTigre, LadyCav, 1 invisible), 60 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse, arlenewilson32, ponycakes
8539 Registered Users