GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#118831 - 11/19/03 09:23 PM Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
I don't know just how many of you have played this game - The Day Of The Tentacle - but I have found THE FUNNIEST character I have ever encountered in a game - Laverne! I cannot stop laughing and every time I think of her I start all over again - in the game when she did that 'conversion' thing with the flag and put it on I was rolling on the floor, tears rolling down my face and hubby was ready to call 911 for the 'men in the white coats' to come and take me away! Still laughing over her.
Who was/is the funniest character you feel you have encountered in a game and what game was it?
Love, Betty Lou smile laugh lol laugh lol

#118832 - 11/19/03 09:28 PM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I think I'd say Laverne too.
Laverne and her funky walk...

#118833 - 11/19/03 10:11 PM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
SnowMoon Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Texas
The ones that come to mind are:

Guybrush Threepwood from Monkey Island - He cracks me up!

Rincewind from Discworld - Love that British humour!

Leisure Suit Larry - I just love all of the past LSL games! Funny!

#118834 - 11/19/03 10:35 PM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
I thought that Lula in Runaway was a riot! lol Just the way he/she talked and that dance! lol
Rusty

#118835 - 11/19/03 10:45 PM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
lasanidine Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: WA. USA
Zork Grand Inquisitor made me laugh and reminded me of some of the politicians I have met.

Oscar Wilde

#118836 - 11/19/03 10:56 PM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
Tristy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Never played Day of the Tentacle, but I thought Arthur from the Journeyman Project games was hilarious! lol

#118837 - 11/19/03 10:58 PM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

Can't choose one - but some of my favorites are:

Max - what a little buddy
Murray the evil skull
The two bad guys outside the hotel in BS2
woodworms and the vacuum salesman in Simon 3D
All the HARM baddies through out NOLF
Lewton in Discworld Noir

#118838 - 11/19/03 11:07 PM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
syd Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Body in California/Heart in Ha...
Glottis in Grim Fandango - varoooom, varooom laugh

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.

#118839 - 11/19/03 11:13 PM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
Bryansmom Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Indiana
I think I would go with Murray the evil skull in Curse of Monkey Island. He was so morose and scrappy even though he was a head on a pole (or a shelf, or floating in the ocean...) lol

#118840 - 11/20/03 12:33 AM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
RydAStar Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Oscar from Syberia really made me smile and chuckle. He reminded me of C3-POs complaining and fast comebacks. He doesn't mean to be funny, which makes it even better. laugh

Playing: !! Syberia II finally. \:D !!
Next: Jack Orlando

#118841 - 11/20/03 01:08 AM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
tigger Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: England
I have to go with Laverne on this one... she just cracks me up!!!

Hugs

Tig wave

#118842 - 11/20/03 06:19 AM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Lewton in Discworld Noir -- sarcastically funny.
Guybrush Threepwood in the Monkey Island games -- endearingly funny.
Zork Grand Inquisitor -- the funniest wackiest world.

#118843 - 11/20/03 06:43 AM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
Scout Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Laverne is hands down the funniest character I've ever seen in a computer game period. Her voice, her walk, the wise/naive cracks she makes at every turn. It's the whole package with Laverne. She's sweet too, not sarcastic or annoying. Jeez, I miss her already.

#118844 - 11/20/03 09:37 AM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
Bryansmom Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Indiana
I'm going to discover Laverne for the first time soon! I ordered a Day of the Tentacle/Sam and Max combo game (a re-release that I haven't found in the States that works with Win 95, at least according to the description) from Gameplay and it's on its way. I was moaning in another thread about the fact that my other game in that order is out of stock, but now I feel that I should be happy that Day of the Tentacle is on its way! Thank you for cheering me up with this thread!!! smile
Happy gaming,
Beth

#118845 - 11/20/03 10:16 AM Re: Who is (IYHO) the funniest character in a game & why?
tigger Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: England
Beth,

you are in for a real treat!! Do you watch Dexters Laboratory??? Then how about DeeDee in an adventure?? Thats Laverne!!! The other characters are brilliant too..

Hugs

tig wave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (Marian, k28d13j11, family, judith, Gimme, gillann, Mikael, Draclvr, CanukDenis, curly), 83 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Cabb, Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp
8542 Registered Users