GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119498
10/03/05 12:44 AM
10/03/05 12:44 AM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Did you dislike Grim Fandango because of the story, Cathy, or because it was a keyboard game? This was one of the first keyboard games I ever played, and I had a terrible time moving around (I spent more time spinning in circles than anything else blush ), but the story was so enthralling that I kept bumbling around until I finished.

I LOVE GLOTTIS... bravo

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119499
10/03/05 02:06 AM
10/03/05 02:06 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

My most nightmare game - because of a trillion bugs - was "The Sacred Mirror of Kofun" praise ]

On another side though, I DID play The Scroll through to the bitter end wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119500
10/03/05 04:05 AM
10/03/05 04:05 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hey cat --

I agree with you on Alice. Spent some time goggling at the screen, then never finished it.

I'd actually forgotten about it!

Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119501
10/03/05 07:52 AM
10/03/05 07:52 AM
New York
Mary Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mary  Offline
Addicted Boomer

New York
I stayed out of this whole topic because I think it's very harsh to call a game "the worst adventure" game just because someone doesn't like first person games, or puzzle games or whatever. That doesn't necessarily mean they're terrible games. But since that point has now been brought up, I would have to vote for 9, The Last Resort, since I absolutely couldn't get it to stop crashing to the desktop for me, and Chateau D'Or because it was a ridiculously short game which involved a "quiz" you had to study for and PASS before you could continue. Worst Adventure Games? I don't know, but for me, waaaayy down on the list.

The answer is....chocolate! Who cares what the question is.....
Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119502
10/03/05 10:44 AM
10/03/05 10:44 AM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
I'm just curious, what people would consider an objective standard for judging game quality? EG, I wouldn't consider 1st person or 3rd person or inventory vs. mechanical puzzles an objective standard because those are places where different things appeal to different people. But whether or not the game runs, presence of bugs & glitches, length vs. price, graphic standard, sound quality, and suchlike all might be considered objective standards. (Of course even some of that might depend on how the game functions on individual systems.)

Just wondering.

WW

"So then he says it's enough to take aim! What's that supposed to mean?!?"

Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119503
10/03/05 11:07 AM
10/03/05 11:07 AM
Sneads, FL , USA
C
catlee Offline
Settled Boomer
catlee  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

Sneads, FL , USA
Hi Jenny.

I don`t remember the reason i din`t like the game. it wasn`t about the keyboard. Back then my hands were fine. I think it was the story. But i din`t go far enough. I should give another try, one of this day. Maybe i will understand better and will enjoy. I will post if i will play again.

Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119504
10/03/05 11:27 AM
10/03/05 11:27 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Texas
You hit the nail on the head, wysewomon. Plus, I think innovation comes into play too. Also, a little more subjectively, how it measures up to others in that sub genre. For instance, I would never expect the same of an indie game vs a big budget production.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119505
10/03/05 11:44 AM
10/03/05 11:44 AM
The Middle of the Sonoran Dese...
Namma Offline
Addicted Boomer
Namma  Offline
Addicted Boomer

The Middle of the Sonoran Dese...
Good question WW. There are lots of games out there that I didn't like, and even a few that didn't like my computer system setup.

I chose the game Forever Worlds as the worst. Never before or since have I had to jump through such hoops to get a game running. Although I already had the most current versions of DirectX and Windows Media Player I had to download them again. Then I could install the game. Once installed before I could begin playing (each gaming session) I had to start one of the movie clips through Media Player, then close it. Now I could play the game. Once into the game I felt the story was missing quite a bit of info so I used the walkthrough book that was included with the game. I found that the book had parts of the story that was not in the game itself. Navigating through the gameworld was a nightmare. Many times throughout the game when you would move forward along a path the game would spin you around 180 degrees so that when you clicked forward again, you were right back where you started. There was one particular room where the game would freeze up each time I entered it. Unfortunately that room needed to be entered 3 times and I needed 3 different saves to get through that part. There was another area of the game that would freeze up and I needed a saved game for it.

If it had not been for a lot of hard work and diligence by Mr. Lipid I would not have been able to play it. I know that there are many of us who were only able to play because of his hard work.

Cheryl

I remember Chateau also, didn't take me long to quit that one out of boredom.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take,
it is measured by the moments that take your
breath away.
Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119506
10/03/05 12:43 PM
10/03/05 12:43 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, WW!

I didn't enjoy "Conspiracies" because the graphics were extremely grainy; when I was interacting with other characters, they were nothing more than cardboard cut-outs; I found the puzzles to be extremely difficult; and, after playing games that allowed unlimited inventory items, the inventory slots were limited so it was necessary to dump excess items in one location and return for them when (or if) they were needed. I shelved the game halfway through because I felt it was more trouble than it was worth.

I absolutely hated "Missing Since January" because, IMHO, it was nothing more than a series of arcade puzzles with a few videos thrown in for good measure. I did manage to finish, but only with the help of a walkthru.

Both games were huge disappointments for me because I was really looking forward to playing them, and they didn't live up to my expectations.

OTOH, I was really looking forward to playing the Gabriel Knight, Tex Murphy, Shivers or Syberia sequels, and they DEFINITELY lived up to my expectations.

Susan

Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119507
10/05/05 12:44 PM
10/05/05 12:44 PM
Piney Woods of East Texas
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer
joanieS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Piney Woods of East Texas
This thread is so interesting to read! I think we need a Flotsam list of "The 10 Games I Love to Hate Most" or something like that. For buying purposes, knowing both sides of the best/worst coin is equally important.
Certainly glad I never bought Forever Worlds. Guess I have to nominate Conspiracies, Of Light and Darkness, and Midnight Nowhere.

wink

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." ...unknown
Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119508
10/05/05 01:20 PM
10/05/05 01:20 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Some of those games I have not played such as Conspiracies and Missing, but I have played Lighthouse and Forever "Exaspirating" Worlds.

I pick the latter in case you couldn't guess. wink

wave joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119509
10/05/05 02:00 PM
10/05/05 02:00 PM
Waukegan, Il.
exalthim2 Offline
Addicted Boomer
exalthim2  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Waukegan, Il.
I must be really weird because I loved Conspiracies. It intrigued me. One of the games I really dislike is Journey to the Center of the Earth. There was entirely too much unnecessary walking for me and I got bored playing the game. The character's movement was difficult to manage because hotspots did'nt always show up in the direction you wanted her to go.
Peace and Balance
Kim

You don't have to attend every argument you're invited to.
Re: Worst Adventure Game or The GAME I don't like #119510
10/05/05 03:11 PM
10/05/05 03:11 PM
Athens, Hellas
kastro Offline
Shy Boomer
kastro  Offline
Shy Boomer

Athens, Hellas
It's weird,because actually there isn't any adventure game I have that I dislike.But if I really had to vote(I know I don't) it would have to be either Mystery of the Druids or Schizm.The first one because it didn't have anything worth mentioning and the second one because-although it had very nice graphics-,the scenario,the ending and the irritatingly hard puzzles made it unbearable for me!!!

I WANNA PLAY THE NEXT TLJ!!!!!!!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 245 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users