GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
MISSING #119801
11/02/05 04:00 PM
11/02/05 04:00 PM
College Station,Texas
sissimomma Offline OP
Settled Boomer
sissimomma  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

College Station,Texas
Has anyone played this game? I bought it the other day at Wal-Mart and it looks pretty good but it alo looks like a true story based game it has on it Reward for information leading to the whereabouts of jackie and karen. I thought what a strange story. Anyways I bought it and I just would like some feedback if there is any.

Also I just finished Jack the Ripper and I was very disappointed at the end. How did anyone feel about the ending?

Howdy Ya'll Good Luck To All!!
Re: MISSING #119802
11/02/05 04:18 PM
11/02/05 04:18 PM
Québec
Chief Offline
Adept Boomer
Chief  Offline
Adept Boomer

Québec
Sissi, you can read a review and get a good idea of the game.

Have fun.

Chief wave

Chief
Re: MISSING #119803
11/02/05 04:22 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, sissimomma!

I played "Missing" last year and absolutely hated it. When I first read about the premise of the game, I thought it was right up my alley because I love mysteries. I erroneously assumed that I'd be exploring various locations, collecting clues and talking to various characters while solving adventure-type puzzles to further my progress in the game. The idea of searching fictitious websites for clues, and receiving Emails from the kidnapper added a whole new dimension to the game, and I was really looking forward to playing. What I ended up with was nothing more than a series of frustrating arcade-type puzzles with a few videos thrown in for good measure.

Don't let my opinion stop you from playing because you may really enjoy it, as many others here have. Sadly, I just wasn't one of them.

I'm gonna leave some space for my reply to your question about "Jack the Ripper" so as not to spoil things for anyone who hasn't played yet.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I was disappointed in the ending as well but, since Jack the Ripper was a real person and his identity was never discovered, it couldn't have ended any other way. I would have preferred it if the game developers had gone with a copycat killer, and then his identity could have been revealed at the end. However, that idea went by the wayside when the signatures matched perfectly.

Susan

Re: MISSING #119804
College Station,Texas
sissimomma Offline OP
Settled Boomer
sissimomma  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

College Station,Texas
Your right i forgot that there are reviews for games hopefully there will be one for this game. Thanks oops

Re: MISSING #119805
11/02/05 04:30 PM
11/02/05 04:30 PM
College Station,Texas
sissimomma Offline OP
Settled Boomer
sissimomma  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

College Station,Texas
Ending Spoiler for Ripper:
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
Susie, You are right about the "Ripper" game I did want it ot end up being a copy cat and getting caught. But your right when the letters ended up being the same.

@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@

Now for the Missing I do want it to be a mystery solving puzzle to get closer to closing the case. I love mystery games and spend alot of time and money on them. Iwish my boyfriend could undrstand the fun that i have with them, though. I ma going to give it a go and see how it i since i bought it. It got my attention about the cd being crypted and a reward. I thought could this be a true story. Oh well I am probably just gullable.Thanks for your information. smile

Re: MISSING #119806
11/02/05 05:03 PM
11/02/05 05:03 PM
College Station,Texas
sissimomma Offline OP
Settled Boomer
sissimomma  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

College Station,Texas
wow. idon't know why my pot is coming out like that i did not write it like that. but ijust wanted to say to mag that i am sorry for double posting i reallt didnt know if idid right by posting in the discussion forum because i dont use that forum normally so i went back to the hints forum which i do use. I amsorr for double posting i didn't want ot break the rules. Ireally like this website and i am sorry oops

Re: MISSING #119807
11/02/05 07:20 PM
11/02/05 07:20 PM
WNY
JKEerie Offline
Settled Boomer
JKEerie  Offline
Settled Boomer

WNY
Hi Sissimomma...

I also played "Missing" rather recently, and like Susie07 I was very disappointed, because the concept was so exciting. I did find myself really caring for the main characters as it really does feel REAL.

That said, I absolutely abhor arcade games and really "stink" at them. However, I was actually able to get through this game all the way to the end...kicking and screaming...and really not enjoying myself. I simply wasn't going to waste $20 bucks by not playing the game.

So...this game may frustrate you. Be patient. Help in the form of emails does arrive...and even at the end with the most frustratingly hard puzzles I received "cheat codes" via the emails that allowed me to complete the game.

There is a walkthrough on this site that I did find to be helpful (courtesy of Gamehound) and which helped me along when I wasn't understanding the concept of a puzzle.

I played the game in short sequences (no more than an hour at a time) to keep from getting too exasperated. I felt a tremendous sense of accomplishment afterward having been able to finish the game.

So...good luck with the game and I do hope you rather enjoy it!

Cheers...

JK

Re: MISSING #119808
11/02/05 08:57 PM
11/02/05 08:57 PM
Ontario, Canada
WhaleWashingDolphin Offline
Shy Boomer
WhaleWashingDolphin  Offline
Shy Boomer

Ontario, Canada
Hiya Sissimomma! *waves* I played "Missing" about, six months ago I think, and really really enjoyed it! I had played the French demo (Called "In Memoriam") so I knew what I was getting into before I purchased this. (I enjoyed the demo so much I was going to purchase the French version if an English one didn't come out, even though my French is only so-so...THAT'S how much I enjoyed it). But I do agree, there are several 'twitch' puzzles...but they all include logic and give great insight into the mind of the Killer/Kidnapper. There's also a really interesting story that unravels as the 'game' progresses, and moderate character development! If you like mystery games, then I'm sure you'll love how immersive "Missing" is.

Better To Be Alone Than Wish You Were
Now Replaying - The Omega Stone
Waiting For - Barrow Hill, Scratches, anything by Jonathan Boakes
Re: MISSING #119809
11/03/05 12:15 AM
11/03/05 12:15 AM
Berkeley, CA
O
orchgamer Offline
Settled Boomer
orchgamer  Offline
Settled Boomer
O

Berkeley, CA
I enjoyed Missing very much as well. In some sense it reminded me of "7th Guest" and "11th Hour" in that you solve a puzzle and you get a movie "reward" which moves the plot. The web searching and even some of the puzzles are more closely related to the plot in Missing though. Let us know if you like it.

I totally agree with you on the conclusion of "Jack the Ripper." The whole game was a little disappointing to me.

Enjoy!!! smile

Re: MISSING #119810
11/22/05 01:17 PM
11/22/05 01:17 PM
T
Tasha Offline
Shy Boomer
Tasha  Offline
Shy Boomer
T

I'm looking for the walk through hints and cheats for Missing game of the year. I can't seem to locate it. Can you please help me.
Tasha

Re: MISSING #119811
11/22/05 03:15 PM
11/22/05 03:15 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Tasha -- there's a walkthrough for Missing by Gamehound here. Missing, Game of the Year Edition, is the original Missing game, plus an expansion pack -- The 13th Victim. As far as I know, there is no walkthrough for The 13th Victim. But I would think that you could do a goodly portion of the game using the original Missing walkthrough.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 256 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users