GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
MUMMY: TOMB OF THE PHARAOH #119964
01/17/06 12:50 PM
01/17/06 12:50 PM
Dexter, MO
kszanz Offline OP
Settled Boomer
kszanz  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Dexter, MO
I read the walkthrough and everything provided with this game to find out how to save and close the game and could find nowhere where it was indicated. I finally got tired of playing and tryed everything I could think of to save my game since the normal ways you save didn't work. I finally tried Ctrl S and saved the game. I had to shut off my computer to quit because nothing I did worked. After I got out of the game, I thought that maybe Ctrl Q might work since this was an Apple game made for Windows. I'll try that next.

I would like to see someone update the walkthrough so that it tells how to do these two things so that anybody else who's playing this game will know. These are rather important.

The other thing that the walkthrough talks about is the elevators in the mines being shown on a drawing somewhere. I could only find the exhaust fans shown and had to just walk around until I found the elevators. If someone has a drawing with the elevators, it would be nice to have that.

Thanks so much for the walkthrough. Everything worked great except for these items. With those, it will be perfect.

Re: MUMMY: TOMB OF THE PHARAOH #119965
01/17/06 01:41 PM
01/17/06 01:41 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

I will move this to adventure games discussion forum since this is not for a game help.

Why don't you write the walkthrough writer and see what she-he says. Thanks and glad you got through the game.

Just some comments:

Most walkthrough writers write what they experience in playing the game - some just barebones; some step by step. There will be differences in 2 wts of the same game since the logic of each gamer is different from the other. So sometimes there will be things not written because it is 'presumed' that it is obvious or that was not how that writer played the game. Sometimes, they omit things and leave it to the imagination of the gamer or not remove the thrill of solving the puzzle for the gamer.

As for additional maps, pictures, updates, etc... - sometimes it is also skipped because it is presumed that it is in the descriptions, the amount of time involved, lack of technology or expertise, etc...

Most walkthroughs are written to help on difficult puzzles or give a boost to gamers to start-play-continue the game. They are not meant to play the game for the gamers. There will always be some missed parts, typos or glitches.

I, like you am personally grateful for the time given by the walkthrough writers in doing them since I know how difficult it is to cover all aspects of the gameplay, the time involved and the type of comments received when gamers missed a part or misread the walkthroughs or not clear in descriptions. We appreciate the comments about being of help to others as you have done. Maybe that is why some walkthroughs writers still continue to write, although they are becoming less and less.

Re: MUMMY: TOMB OF THE PHARAOH #119966
01/17/06 02:34 PM
01/17/06 02:34 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hey kszanz --

Walkthroughs are created by gamers just like you, who want to help other gamers. The game you mentioned in your post is an older game -- ten years old -- and the walkthrough is nearly that old. Ten years ago, it was pretty common to save and quit games using standard keyboard controls like Ctrl S and Ctrl Q. Still, I do find it surprising that the game manual didn't contain that particular information -- though I wouldn't necessarily expect a walkthrough to contain it.

Walkthroughs are updated by their authors, who then contact GameBoomers with the updates. Many walkthrough writers do enjoy getting feedback from other players. Those writers who would like feedback sometimes include an address at the bottom of the walkthrough to allow other players to email them. Emailing a walkthrough writer with thanks for the hard work the writer put into the walkthrough, as well as suggestions for improvement, is often appreciated.

Re: MUMMY: TOMB OF THE PHARAOH #119967
01/18/06 08:35 AM
01/18/06 08:35 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Controls for Mummy: Tomb of the Pharaoh :

File Menu Alt-F
New Game Ctrl-N
Open Game Ctrl-O
Save Game Ctrl-S
Exit Ctrl-Q

The boxed version of the game includes both a manual and a separate paper that has the game controls. Neither of these fit into the jewel case. If someone bought a used version of the game, they might not have gotten both the manual and the separate paper that included the controls.

I don't know if there is a readme on the game CD or not.

Re: MUMMY: TOMB OF THE PHARAOH #119968
02/26/06 09:08 PM
02/26/06 09:08 PM
Montreal
Retired at last Offline
Addicted Boomer
Retired at last  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Montreal
I just hit the space bar and a menu appeared at the top of the screen.
File - save
File - open
Exit
Retired wave

Not admitting defeat... is the beginning of the solution.
But sometimes asking for help is not a bad idea!
==================================
Re: MUMMY: TOMB OF THE PHARAOH #119969
02/27/06 01:05 AM
02/27/06 01:05 AM
McClure P.A. USA.
ron.etti Offline
Addicted Boomer
ron.etti  Offline
Addicted Boomer

McClure P.A. USA.
Yep that will do it ....

Re: MUMMY: TOMB OF THE PHARAOH #119970
02/27/06 07:03 PM
02/27/06 07:03 PM
U.S.A.
Gamehound Offline
Addicted Boomer
Gamehound  Offline
Addicted Boomer

U.S.A.
There was a re-release of the game, coupled with Frankenstein: Through The Eyes Of The Monster. No manuals or controls card. I suspect most people have this version of the game.

Gamehound

Can't find those rare adventures? Come visit me here for the tactics I use.
Re: MUMMY: TOMB OF THE PHARAOH #119971
02/28/06 11:03 PM
02/28/06 11:03 PM
Colorado
ssgamer Offline
Addicted Boomer
ssgamer  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Colorado
This is a game I would like to play but I have XP home and I don't know if It will play on my machine. Any answers?
Thanks Charllotte

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (fildil, michele rose, 1 invisible), 230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users