GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#120639 - 03/21/06 11:32 AM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
I just finished it. I don't understand - if "I" made the magical amulet and used it on that mask - why is there still a 'demon'? running around in the basement? And I assume that hole to the outside yard it dug (that was the scratching noises we heard?) means that it escaped to the outside world thru it and is roaming around somewhere? Does this mean there will be another game where it/he/she shows up later, like a sequel? with its further "adventures"? What do you think? laugh
Love, Betty Lou :kiss:

#120640 - 03/21/06 01:04 PM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
Moogie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Spain
I enjoyed this game but found the ending unsatisfactory. What really irritated me was the very un-English way of posting letters. Personally I would have been out of that house on foot if necessary.

#120641 - 03/21/06 01:18 PM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
JennyP Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: West London, UK
So is the ghoulie the disappeared doctor or James Blackwood? The skelly in James' crypt could be anyone.
And who was feeding the ghoulie?

#120642 - 03/21/06 03:00 PM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

And in the boiler to that other secret room, the shadow I saw did not look like this ghoulie we see at the end, it looked like a young man about 25 or 30 years old - who was THAT?
Love, Betty Lou
So many questions, who has all the answers, please?

#120643 - 03/21/06 03:41 PM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer

What if... the small coffin in the Crypt (the one with the R beneath it) was actually empty?

#120645 - 03/21/06 05:53 PM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Thanks Mag. That does tie it together and the speculations are probably all correct. Did not think along those lines. Now for some more reading (a Nora Roberts trilogy) and maybe replay the game in a day or two. Good storyline. This is one of Jonathon Boakes' haunting stories, isn't it? My memory is slipping a bit now and then.
Love, Betty Lou :kiss:

#120646 - 03/21/06 06:51 PM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
runlolarun Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Philadelphia
I was disappointed too!

Likes: The colouring of the game / Music and voice acting. The creepy feeling in the *SPOILER* baby's room.

Dislikes: Being alone all of the time, the monotony of walking up and down those stairs, and thinking it was going to be scary BUT IT WASN'T. I jumped once when the *SPOILER* figure passed in front of the furnace window but the MASK didn't scare me at all... I actually laughed because it was pretty pathetic looking with the combination of the music. Like it was trying too hard to be be scary.

I wanted so bad to meet Jerry, or the Electrician... or SOMEONE other than rotten guy in the basement for 2 seconds at the end.

OH WELL.... maybe they'll create a sequel and listen to us for ways to improve it.

#120647 - 03/21/06 07:15 PM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
Ivinia Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I posted this on JA in regards to the scare factor and thought it appropriate for the current direction of this thread:

Quote:
...to me there are different types of horror:

- The "in your face" jump out at you blood and gore type. (Silent Hill)
- The traditional parlor tricks type. (Objects move across the room, paranormal activity)
- The more subdued psychological types that play on your imagination. (Blair Witch - the movie, not the game)

The first type does nothing for me scare-wise and seems really cheap - although still fun. The second type I enjoy and they might give me a bit of a fright at points, but I think Scratches falls into the third type. For me at least, that's the scariest.
Lola, I thought your comment about laughing at the mask was funny. For me, it creeped me out. But then some people get creeped out from blood and gore and seeing someone pulling their intestines across the floor. While they jump and close their eyes, I laugh thinking its comical.

Different strokes.

#120648 - 03/22/06 02:27 AM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
I think the game makes more sense if you pay attention to the notes that the main character wrote to himself, about writing his new book. At least that was my take on it, and made me think the game was very cleverly done.

#120649 - 03/22/06 10:16 AM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

I somehow completely missed the 'turn' the storyline took and I DID read all the letters and notes etc. but did not pick up on how the African stuff fit with the supposedly dead baby becoming what it is/was....will have to replay the game and pay more attention to all those notes. One question it poses for me is - Did 'mom' and 'dad' and 'doctor' think this was the curse visited on James for stealing all that African stuff? Just call me confused!
Love, Betty Lou

#120650 - 03/22/06 10:29 AM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Betty Lou, I think the father most definitely did, but whether he was a sane man with these thoughts, or having a mental breakdown is open to interpretation.

#120651 - 03/22/06 03:13 PM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: California
Let me throw this question out, since I haven't seen anyone mention it yet.

I believe it was in the chapel that he found the secret room that he read the notes from the father to the doctor (it could have been the locked drawer in the study, though). In the notes the father mentions that his wife suspects something, and that he knows he's asking the doctor to commit murder. Soooooo.

Which murder? Did the doctor murder the wife? Or, was the father asking the doctor to murder the monster kid? BTW, who did murder the wife, if not the doctor? It must have been the monster because it says her throat was ripped. If the monster was her son, yuck!

Any ideas?

Jean

#120652 - 03/23/06 03:17 AM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
Moogie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Spain
If Catherine's body is not buried in the crypt, then is the body in her coffin her husband's? Also did Catherine have an affair with the Doctor? rolleyes

#120653 - 03/23/06 05:55 PM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
The Haze Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: SE Michigan
duh I guess I don't understand some of what has been said on this thread. Here is a game that dozens of people (Including me) have played several times. Most of us like it and will play it yet again. We all have legitimate ideas about what happened; thought it was fun; loved the music; and believed it was, at some level, scary. What else do the naysayers want? It's a $20.00 game, not the ultimate entertainment experience. (That would be in Las Vegas!) I'll buy all of the games like this that become available. wave By the way- I still would like to know what the orange circular things are that show through the rain-streaked window in the credits.

#120654 - 03/23/06 06:22 PM Re: Scratches question--contains major spoilers
ron.etti Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: McClure P.A. USA.
I think the basement monster is the child ,because of the teddy bear down there.The scratching was him digging himself out ,which he did .
I think he killed his mother,i don't know why she was buried in the yard when they have a crypt.
I think the Doctor was ask to kill the kid but did not.
I think the curse gave James the funny looking kid.
After that i don't know where the Dr. or James ended up......Just one Boomers opinion

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
8 registered (Koala, macmac, InlandAZ, butterflybabe, JKEerie, scampy, Urban Worrier, 3dobermans), 78 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users