GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#120958 - 06/23/06 04:06 PM Re: Keepsake..,,brillant and sad...
Wollmaus Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Germany
sierramindy, before you can use the teleporters you have to power them up. If I remember right, there is a yellow pad (not the one in the hall) that will take you to so some small tower place with 3 different pads: one yellow (the one you arrive at), one red and one grey. Step onto the grey one and you'll get to the 'central control room' for the teleporters.

Hope that helps a bit wave

#120959 - 06/24/06 10:30 PM Re: Keepsake..,,brillant and sad...
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
Hi Wollmaus, Thanks! Didn't have the teleporters powered up yet. I have them working now, but for me, I'm not sure they are an improvement. I just get zapped all over the place and still don't have a clue about anything unless the hint system tells me what to do next. In a true adventure game you get clues on what to do by what you find and people you talk to as you make progress in the game. If you can't figure things out, then you turn to a hint source, usually a walkthrough. I really do like Lydia and Zak though, even with his new look which took me a bit to get used to. So I will hang in there with them.

#120960 - 06/24/06 10:33 PM Re: Keepsake..,,brillant and sad...
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Great you got going Sierramindy. If you need more hint - help, please post at Hints forum.

Thanks for the help, Wollmaus. You might drop by hints forum - the gamers could use your help at hints forum.

#120961 - 06/25/06 03:32 PM Re: Keepsake..,,brillant and sad...
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Okay, will do, but I wasn't really asking for a hint as much as I was venting my frustration. I had been so looking forward to being teleported and when they didn't work right away, I blew my cool. Now I'm past that and trying to find the student's hallway to get to a yellow teleporter to see the rest of the school. Actually I did go there already earlier when I was trying to find my way somewhere else, but by now I have no recollection of how I blundered my way there. Oh well, I will find it eventually. Again.

#120962 - 07/04/06 11:37 PM Re: Keepsake..,,brillant and sad...
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oh happy day, I finally blundered my way to the end. If you like third-person games and Myst-type games this will be a good game for you, unfortunately, not for me. However, Lydia and Zak were so great that I managed to stay interested in them all the way to the final scene and now I will miss them, but not the rest of the game. I watched all the credits and they ended with "Thank you for playing Keepsake"! You're welcome!

#120963 - 07/08/06 10:17 AM Re: Keepsake..,,brillant and sad...
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: The Land of Hurricanes, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Wollmaus:
Ah, Katsmom, thank you, now I get it. I understood that Gimli and Jochen in their kindness provided a map for the upper floor themselves because at that time there was no inbuild map in the game. This came later with the NA version as well as the patch for the European version.
Thank you for the explanation. praise The mystery is now solved. The upper floors are the same in both versions, but the two maps were created from different perspectives and therefore look different. Also, the names of some locations were different due to translation from German to English.

Sorry for my delayed reply... but better late than never? whistle

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (petert, Redz, Pokey, Marian, monbron, robert gray, CanukDenis, Flo NS, 2 invisible), 78 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ringo88mph, Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind
8525 Registered Users