GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Has anyone returned to Zork? #121520
02/22/03 03:41 AM
02/22/03 03:41 AM
Mandeville, LA
Hanksdog Offline
Addicted Boomer
Hanksdog  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Mandeville, LA
An addition.....
Ms Peepers asking you to "Name a day of the week?????
"I used to have a girl ...she was a witch!"
And of course Molly saying" Peewu..you're just a little ripe."
Oh lord...I just finished playing it again for the 10 milliionth time and my mouth is watering to play it again...I hate you all...of course just kidding...the number one games RTZ, ZN and ZGI althought ZN is a little off base with the rest of the Zorks but it's great in it's own right...ASK ME ANYTHING>>ANYTIME !!!!! COme on I dare ya!! Hanksdog

Overheard Titanic "What's the worst that can happen?" Rockafeller.Done Still Life, Myst 4/5 PLAYING NIBIRU, Next "And Then There Were None", RHEM 2.
Re: Has anyone returned to Zork? #121521
02/22/03 07:14 AM
02/22/03 07:14 AM
Philly
kwbridge Offline
Settled Boomer
kwbridge  Offline
Settled Boomer

Philly
I guess I will be the voice that says I didn't like this game at all ... maybe if I played it when it first came out but I just played it a couple of months ago. And it wasn't the dated graphics that bothered me - it was the gameplay. I felt that it was directionless and I usually had no idea what to do next and felt it was just one of those games where I had to try everything with everything for no apparent reason. Also, hearing the same phrases over and over really got on my nerves. The only other game that bothered me as much was Normality, which is the only game I didn't bother to finish. I finally finished RTZ with a walkthrough just to see it through and get it finished.

Kim

(Anti) Social Development
Re: Has anyone returned to Zork? #121522
02/22/03 07:41 AM
02/22/03 07:41 AM
Mandeville, LA
Hanksdog Offline
Addicted Boomer
Hanksdog  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Mandeville, LA
AHA...I remember the other two things from ZGI, #2 "The Cube fo Foundation (looked liked a sugar cube to me) and #3 The skull of Yoruk...do you know how long I tossed and turned in bed trying to remember those two and the Pain it caused Blanche. She wanted to sleep me..No way..I HAD to remember! Hanksdog and a VERY TIRED Blanchedog

Overheard Titanic "What's the worst that can happen?" Rockafeller.Done Still Life, Myst 4/5 PLAYING NIBIRU, Next "And Then There Were None", RHEM 2.
Re: Has anyone returned to Zork? #121523
02/22/03 10:46 AM
02/22/03 10:46 AM
California
JMK Offline
Addicted Boomer
JMK  Offline
Addicted Boomer

California
Ha, Hanksdog! I tried and tried to remember last night but couldn't, either. Yes, the infamous Skull of Yoruk and Cube of Foundation! I's funny how some things stick in the mind about a game, isn't it? smile

Jean

Playing "World of Warcraft", "Oblivion",and "Silent Hill 2"
Re: Has anyone returned to Zork? #121524
02/22/03 06:43 PM
02/22/03 06:43 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Return to Zork, Zork Nemesis, and Zork Grand Inquisitor were all great games and all were totally different--it's quite a feat, considering they were loosely based on the Zork text adventures. It's a shame that Activision is not going to do any more (as far as I know).

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (flotsam), 259 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users