GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#122224 - 07/16/02 01:18 AM Re: This Forum and Syberia
Thatldu1421 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Everett, Washington
Mr. Sokal,
Welcome to Gameboomers from the beautiful Pacific Northwest! Amerzone is my all time favorite game, and now Syberia. This is wonderful eh??

#122225 - 07/16/02 05:49 AM Re: This Forum and Syberia
Kickaha Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Cambridge, England
Dear Benoit Sokal,

I haven't seen much of Syberia yet but what I have seen has impressed me greatly. Thanks for this expression of your art.

Best wishes,

Peter.

#122226 - 07/16/02 06:21 AM Re: This Forum and Syberia
emma Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
I'm as blown away by the beautiful graphics as the rest of the guys here, really can't think of anything more to add! lol I do, though, wish for you to let the person who wrote the music know, how much I (and many more with me!) loved the score! After all, beautiful imagery is greatly enhanced if the music supports it, and in this case, the combination est magnifique!

Congrats on a piece of art that probably will live on like many other great masterpieces! And thank you for showing the world the potential of gaming!

#122227 - 07/16/02 12:26 PM Re: This Forum and Syberia
ces Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: West Seattle, WA
Dear Mr. Sokol,

Welcome to Game Boomers! It is an honour and a pleasure to have you here!

I, too, am waiting for Syberia to be available here in the United States. I am not rushing to get it right away as I want something for September when the weather here in Portland, Oregon is not so summery.

I loved Amerzone! In fact, I loved it so much that I got one of my husband's gaming friends who lives in Paris to order the Amerzone comic/graphic novel for me from Castermann! Even though it is in French, which I don't know a word of, I have enjoyed the book immensely.

Your artistry is beautiful! Please design more games for us!

#122228 - 07/16/02 12:45 PM Re: This Forum and Syberia
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Thank you for the beautiful Syberia experience. The graphics portray a vision, the music touches the soul, and the story leads us into a new reality.

Row smile

#122229 - 07/16/02 06:36 PM Re: This Forum and Syberia
Schwab35 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles
Oh, I wish I had seen this thread yesterday!
Syberia was the most enjoyable game I've played in awhile, at least since Anachronox..thank you so much for writing such a unique and touching story!!!

Playing: World of Warcraft; Geneforge 3

#122230 - 07/16/02 10:21 PM Re: This Forum and Syberia
lasanidine Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: WA. USA
Dear Mr Sokol, thank you for the beautiful games and the perfect execution, it is so nice not to have to hunt for patches before we can play. Your amazing talent shines thorugh not only the graphics but your undertanding of human nature and the gentle humor it is presented with. Kathy

Oscar Wilde

#122231 - 07/16/02 11:41 PM Re: This Forum and Syberia
mszv Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA (left my bel...
Wow - Benoit Sokal replied in person! Welcome Benoit Sokal!

I haven't played Syberia yet - just seen the movie, played the demo and I've played Amerzone. I shouldn't comment yet, but that hasn't stopped me before!

I love the look (what I've seen of the game), it looks like "one game". Even though a number of people worked on the game, it doesn't look like the game was done by a committee; it appears to have a unique, integrated look to it, and it's beautiful too. The puzzles are integrated into the story (from what I've seen), and the story seems to be perfectly integrated into the game. I'm less story driven than most gameboomers (Game visuals are really, really, important to me), but I can't fail to be impressed by the story line, what I've seen of it, it's got a "page turning" quality to it.

I think the game (again, what I've seen of it), looks like a movie, down to the lighting, the "camera" angles, and the movie soundtrack. Are you (and Microids) planning to do animated films? Come on, you can tell us, here at gameboomers we won't tell anyone!

It's also great that someone from outside the game industry came to make games (I know, with other game professionals on the team), bringing so much to our game experience. I think the game industry is so much richer for it.

The sketches on the Syberia web site are also great - I'm really enjoying looking at them.

blog - http://www.amarez.com, Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/amareze

#122232 - 07/17/02 04:21 PM Re: This Forum and Syberia
sami5901 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Tacoma Wa. 98445
WOW!!!! this game has left me breathless. I agree with everyone What a beautiful game,story line, everything about it was wonderful. Syberia goes down as my all time favorite. Thanks for all your talents. Diane wave

#122233 - 07/17/02 04:29 PM Re: This Forum and Syberia
tigger Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: England
I have not had the pleasure of playing Syberia yet... but if it is half as good as Amerzone, I know I will adore it!

Thank you for sharing your talent with us and making many folks very happy!

Hugs

Tig wave

#122234 - 07/18/02 11:17 PM Re: This Forum and Syberia
Angela Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: California, USA
Thank you B. Sokal for all your wonderful work, and thank you for taking the time to post here at GameBoomers!!

I love Amerzone (I've played it three times), and I am really looking forward to playing Syberia. I played the demo, and it looks terrific!!

#122235 - 07/19/02 12:24 AM Re: This Forum and Syberia
Audrey Wells Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Middle of Nowhere
Dear Benoit,
I've played many memorable and well done adventure games in my time, but Syberia has managed to outdo almost every one of them - Ok, ok, EVERY one of them. smile

The music, graphics, and of course, the storyline are all top-notch. Despite an overtime job I managed to finish the game in a couple of days - that's how drawn I was to it. Randy at JustAdventure will kill me when he hears that I'm putting off a review for JA in order to play Syberia, lol!!

I look forward to your future works, and I must say that I much prefer the 3rd-person format and hope you continue it. Thanks for such a beautiful game!

Audrey Wells
Just Adventure

"Never judge a book by its movie."

#122236 - 07/19/02 04:54 AM Re: This Forum and Syberia
JCH Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Denmark
I also have to jump in and thank you for such a fantastic game. It truly is one of the best adventure games I have played in years. happydance

#122237 - 07/25/02 11:38 PM Re: This Forum and Syberia
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

Thought I would push this up for all the recent newcomers to the Syberia enchantment to enjoy. smile

Laura

#122238 - 07/26/02 06:21 AM Re: This Forum and Syberia
ratracer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Porto, Portugal
I'll add mine to all the other welcome msgs...

I'll ask you a question, though: I read the Amerzone comics and it's a little (more than a little!) different from the game. Did you change your mind (and decided to rewrite the story) when doing the game or was the comics not really adaptable to a adventure game so you had to change all those bits???

What other comic books did you write? (I only know of Amerzone). Sorry for being so curious...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
18 registered (Marian, Cathy1, kjos, Jenny100, Jarkeld, Melia, manxman, CCbomber, Marji, curly), 89 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133
8496 Registered Users