GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#123121 - 06/11/03 11:10 AM Re: Surprise Ending
lonewolf32 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New Baltimore, MI
Quote:
I thought the ending of Syberia was sad..:-( Don't get me wrong, I was glad Kate made it to the train, but leaving the poor old guy sitting on the bench was sad! I thought he would/should have gotten together with the lonely singer..
Didn't we bring Hans with us on the train?

#123122 - 06/11/03 11:57 AM Re: Surprise Ending
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Hi Jill wave I had forgotten about the ending in Fable - guess I had blocked that one from memory, since I enjoyed the game so much up to that point!Oh yes, and that also brings to mind that Druid game, that I've even blocked the name of laugh

#123123 - 06/11/03 12:38 PM Re: Surprise Ending
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

Not wanting to spoil the ending of such an amazing game.... smile

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
B
E
L
O
W

The decision or dilemma at the end was whether Kate was going to return to NY and her old life or go with Hans on the train. SO we went with the old guy or Hans. smile

Laura

#123124 - 06/11/03 10:36 PM Re: Surprise Ending
ray Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles
Fable is THE WORST ending of any adventure game. Followed closely by The Cassandra Galleries and Rama.

#123125 - 06/11/03 11:20 PM Re: Surprise Ending
Advpuzlov Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Jenny100:
Reah had a surprise ending.
That it did! I lost some enamel grinding my teeth in irritation. That ending and the one in CASSANDRA GALLERIES are the very worst endings by some measure of all the games I have played. The ending of BLACK DAHLIA was logical and there was still an out. Remember that the detectives were examining the movie projector as Jim Pearson was being led out and that film provided evidence on it incriminating for Dick Winslow and exonerating for Jim Pearson.

#123126 - 06/12/03 09:19 AM Re: Surprise Ending
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I liked the Reah ending though. I burst out laughing at it - thought it was really camp.

I think the image of the electric chair at the end of Black Dahlia left no room for doubt about what was going to happen to Jim. Otherwise why show the electric chair?

#123127 - 06/12/03 07:16 PM Re: Surprise Ending
Gamer Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ohio,USA
I was completely surprised by the ending of Black Dahlia, I couldnt believe it! But still a great game, IMO. smile

#123128 - 06/14/03 04:02 PM Re: Surprise Ending
Advpuzlov Offline
Addicted Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenny100:
I liked the Reah ending though. I burst out laughing at it - thought it was really camp.

I think the image of the electric chair at the end of Black Dahlia left no room for doubt about what was going to happen to Jim. Otherwise why show the electric chair?
When a game I liked as much as I liked REAH ends up like that, "camp" does not come to mind. Your comment on the ending of BLACK DAHLIA is very interesting, since I didn't recall that electric chair image. I am going to have to go back and check it out. However, sniff, sniff, your logic has taken away my last hope, JENNY100. frown Tears are all that is left.

THE LEGEND OF THE PROPHET AND ASSASSIN is one of my favorite games. Like FAUST it had philosophical and ethical implications which enhanced what was already a good story. The ending was pensive, but appropriate.

Speaking of tears, they sometimes still come when I remember little Abby in THE BLACKSTONE CHRONICLES frown

#123129 - 06/14/03 04:44 PM Re: Surprise Ending
looney Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hey! I don't remember any electric chair in the end of Black Dahlia either! How did that happen? wave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (BobH, Cue, lexxy, connie, curly, Lex), 63 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa, marmarmargar, deadbringer
8579 Registered Users