GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Subplot Mysteries in Dark Fall -- Spoilers #123185
06/19/03 09:47 PM
06/19/03 09:47 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

1. Who was Gloria Grable?

2. What were Matilda Fly and Gloria Grable up to?

3. Who was the ghost in the Ladies Room?

4. How did Dark Fall get Time Pike when Tim never went into the cellar? What year did Tim Pike "die"?

5. Did George Crabtree make it back to his room after his final failure in the cellar? If so, why didn't he warn the others about what was likely to happen?

Re: Subplot Mysteries in Dark Fall -- Spoilers #123186
06/21/03 01:44 PM
06/21/03 01:44 PM
Sheffield, England
KwaZulu Offline
Shy Boomer
KwaZulu  Offline
Shy Boomer

Sheffield, England
Hmmmmm, from memory.......

1) Wasn't she a thief posing as an actress?

2) I think Fly was blackmailing Grable after uncovering her secret

3) & 4) errrr pass

5) I just assume he was one of the trapped souls that were released in the endgame

Great game though , eh?

Regards
KwaZulu

Re: Subplot Mysteries in Dark Fall -- Spoilers #123187
06/21/03 05:20 PM
06/21/03 05:20 PM
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Tristy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tristy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Las Vegas, NV, USA
1) I don't think Gloria Grable was posing as an actress, but she was hiding from the police, since yes, she was a thief.

2) Yeah, Matilda wanted to meet Gloria Grable in the dining room to discuss blackmailing her, since she knew she was the thief from the papers.

3) Do you mean the shadow of a man in the first floor bathroom, Becky? I thought it could be just a shadow of...oh, shoot, Betty's boyfriend (what's his name?--Thomas?) since that's where Betty left a note for him.

4) Did they have to go into the cellar to disappear? I thought the whole thing was that the Dark Fall, or part of it, had been released, so it could go most anywhere, around the hotel and train station anyway.

5) I didn't think George did ever make it back up to his room.

Yes, a very wonderful game, Kwazulu! laugh wave

Re: Subplot Mysteries in Dark Fall -- Spoilers #123188
06/21/03 09:57 PM
06/21/03 09:57 PM
Saxton
JonathanBoakes Offline
Settled Boomer
JonathanBoakes  Offline
Settled Boomer

Saxton
Spot on, Tristy!

Jonathan

The ghosts are waiting, in the dark places, the forgotten places. Waiting for you: Darkling Room Games
Re: Subplot Mysteries in Dark Fall -- Spoilers #123189
06/22/03 04:26 AM
06/22/03 04:26 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

1. I agree Grable was Sly Fox.

2. Blackmail, yes. I thought this was an interesting twist -- instead of being consumed by her own woes, Fly didn't miss a beat when it came to stealing some extra cash.

3. I kept coming back to the idea of a Peeping Tom, partly because there were three people in the game whose name was Thomas. Also, in the station there was a note about a Peeping Tom. In the station ladies room, the one stall door mysteriously closes and then opens. And you see the ghost in the ladies room in the hotel on the first floor (you also see a very similar ghost in the bar in one of George's pictures).

I didn't remember Betty leaving a note there. Do you recall how you trigger that?

I had pretty much come to the conclusion that it had to be Tom Oliver because the station Peeping Tom predated Dark Fall getting the other people in the hotel. Down in the cellar, when I asked Tom Oliver: "Were you in the Ladies Room?" he answered, "Well, I was shot, wasn't I?" However, he said exactly the same thing if I just typed in "What happened to you?"

4. I wondered about Tim Pike because at the beginning of the game he mentions that Dark Fall's influence doesn't usually reach the tunnels. I also wondered about the date because Tim Pike says his family moved there in 1941, which he says was a couple of years ago. Yet the note from the policeman in Edith's desk behind the reception area seems to indicate that Tim had recently disappeared.

I thought maybe the news about flooding and creating earthern embankments near the station was supposed to indicate that somehow a small hole (one large enough for a child to slip through) had been opened between the tunnels and the cellar. I didn't see anything like that in the cellar, though, and I don't remember any time that you can get back in the tunnel after the introduction.

5. I was curious about the note in pieces in the trash can in George's locked room. If George never made it back to his room after attempting the lyric ritual, then I don't quite understand how to make sense of that note.

Re: Subplot Mysteries in Dark Fall -- Spoilers #123190
06/22/03 05:45 AM
06/22/03 05:45 AM
the Netherlands
B
Betje Offline
Settled Boomer
Betje  Offline
Settled Boomer
B

the Netherlands
3. Betty's boyfriend was hiding in the ladies room before she prepared a room for him. Click on or under the washbasin and you'll find the note she left him.

The beaded curtain slams shut behind you. There's no turning back now...
Re: Subplot Mysteries in Dark Fall -- Spoilers #123191
06/22/03 10:42 AM
06/22/03 10:42 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Thanks Betje. I'm going to go look.

Re: Subplot Mysteries in Dark Fall -- Spoilers #123192
06/22/03 11:13 AM
06/22/03 11:13 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

I just found the note. That's a hotspot I guess I missed. Well, I think we've identified the ghost. Thomas Callum. And he even had a good reason for being in there!

Did you ever manage to get a different note from Tim Pike than the original one? I was hoping to hear more from him but everytime I went back to the footbridge the note was the same.

Re: Subplot Mysteries in Dark Fall -- Spoilers #123193
06/22/03 11:36 AM
06/22/03 11:36 AM
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Tristy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tristy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Yeah, I missed that note at first too, Becky. Luckily, a little later into the game, I checked over a walkthru to make sure I didn't miss anything and saw that there was a note under the sink in that bathroom that I'd missed.

The note from Tim never changes, but if you "concentrate," as Tim puts it, on a specific puzzle, and then run back to the footbridge, he'd give you a hint. Did you ever try that? It had to be something specific though, like trying to open a locked box that required some combination, or something.

Re: Subplot Mysteries in Dark Fall -- Spoilers #123194
06/22/03 05:34 PM
06/22/03 05:34 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

No, I was mostly trying to find out more about Tim. So after clicking on the newspaper about his disappearance, or the note from the policeman about his disappearance, I ran straight back to the footbridge. But I didn't hear anything and the note didn't change. I did try going back to the footbridge for a hint after fiddling with the burner upstairs because I had no idea what I was supposed to do with that, but I didn't get a hint then either. Maybe it was too far away -- I'd lost my concentration by the time I'd climbed down the ladder and all those stairs!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Urban Worrier, FlyingDutchman42), 254 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users