GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#123335 - 09/16/02 05:04 AM Re: "Edutainment" games
JonathanBoakes Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Saxton
I liked Versailles (as I'd just visited the location) and Traitors Gate. The 'learning' aspects of some games, like Egypt, can get on my nerves, so I prefer those that weave the facts into the gameplay, rather than stunting it. GK III did that VERY well, so much so that I feel like I have visited the location, and read up on it's history. Great stuff.

Jonathan

#123336 - 09/16/02 11:41 AM Re: "Edutainment" games
ray Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles
Easy call for me. Two winners:

Connections -- based on the wonderful TV series

and

Crusader

#123337 - 09/16/02 12:50 PM Re: "Edutainment" games
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Quote:
Originally posted by girlgeek:
I loaded up Pilgrim and IT looks like an edutainment game to ME. I promptly UNinstalled it. If anyone knows whether my first impressions were wrong....let me know. Looks to me like TOO much encyclopedia reading, etc.
The only time you have to use the encyclopedia in Pilgrim is on one puzzle. And if you already know about the 10 Commandments and the 10 Plagues of Egypt, etc. you don't even need to use it there.

For quite a while Pilgrim was my favorite edutainment game with Versailles 1685 my second favorite. Treasure Hunter was also very good (though I've only played the French version and my French is not fluent so I probably missed things). And I'm looking forward to Chemicus, which should be released soon (the website says September 2002).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Mikael, manxman, Iurii, BobH, sanford, looney4labs, robert gray, Draclvr, michele rose, CanukDenis), 63 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj
8495 Registered Users