GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#124197 - 11/16/02 11:30 PM Re: Problems playing older games - not for technical reasons!
mszv Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA (left my bel...
Hi lasanadine,
Well, I'll give Morpheus another look, to see if I can see what you see! Thanks.

blog - http://www.amarez.com, Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/amareze

#124198 - 11/17/02 03:55 AM Re: Problems playing older games - not for technical reasons!
emma Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
I really recognize that feeling mszv! I'm, like the others, really not THAT bothered with graphics, if it's a good game, it's a good game, if you know what I mean. But not too long ago, I decided to replay Shivers. One of my ol' favorites, had so much fun when I played it the first time, and I thought the graphics where GREAT! I installed it and started to click around, and to my horror I realized that I found the interface clumsy (!?) and the details blurry... Okay, so I've played a lot of games since then, so of course my perception of games has become more... "sophisticated" for a lack of a better word. I quickly uninstalled it, very much wanting to avoid ruining my experience from the first time playing it. It was a total surprise that I actually thought "less" of it (in a manner of speaking) this time around!

#124199 - 11/17/02 09:24 AM Re: Problems playing older games - not for technical reasons!
ccross Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Haverhill, Suffolk, England.. ...
Hi Scout

I went back to my laptop and had a fiddle with it and low and behold my settings were up the creck. Had a shouting match with the kids and found that one of them had been mucking about with it about 2 months ago. So I am off to play an older game to review the graphics.

Chel

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Mikael, mj2c, looney4labs, Draclvr, BrownEyedTigre, DBK, Koala, Marian, lanlynk, 1 invisible), 83 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet, Innervision, bunnybear13
8565 Registered Users