GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#124302 - 11/26/02 08:45 PM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I think it was Josie who had the exploding CD problem before; up until then, I had never heard of such a thing.

#124303 - 11/26/02 09:41 PM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
feardust Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
That's an awful thing to happen girlgeek. I hope you're feeling better now.

#124304 - 11/26/02 09:56 PM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
Josie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Arkansas
I am Here Now Yes it was me and it was also
"Sanatarium" I was just playing along the game froze and heard a noise and pieces flew out around the crack around the CD carriage across the floor and I couldnt get open the CD-Rom had to use a paper clip. My game was a brand new game.

What brand is your Cd-Rom? or company made it.
Mine was made by Pine Technologies.

Josie:)

#124305 - 11/27/02 08:35 AM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
Linds Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Westchester, NY
Never heard of that happening before. The main thing is no one was hurt.
I am not able to play Sanitarium on my computer. For some reason it keeps freezing.
I think after hearing what happened to you I won't try to get it to work now.

Happy Thanksgiving. Be well.
Susan wave

#124306 - 11/27/02 09:48 AM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
girlgeek Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Josie,

My CDROM is a Gateway. Never had any problems before. Isn't it rather STRANGE that it was Sanitarium for both of us that caused the "explosion?" I would tend to want to say, in that case, that it had something to do with the game itself, not our drives.

I did play Sanitarium once through with no problems, but that has been years ago. I think my computer hardware is all the same except I have a new hard drive.

I do find it curious that Sanitarium is the game that caused the problem BOTH times this unusual thing happened! My game was also purchased brand new a couple of years ago from Amazon, and only played once....not a scratch on it.

#124307 - 11/27/02 10:25 AM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
Sorry to hear about this problem girl. I played Sanitarium a few months back and had no problem with it BUT so glad I didn't as my CDROM is 52x. I have noticed now and then that a disc feels VERY WARM when I remove it from the drive, but it does not happen often, hope this does not mean an 'explosion' can/will happen to me, just figured the fan was not cooling it fast enough. Glad no one was hurt.
WARNING - do NOT use a vacuum cleaner on, in your computer to clean out the bits from that disc. Static Electricity is deadly to your computer. Use one (or more) of those cans of air to blow it out and hand pick any pieces you can get. Hubby says the only thing you will have to replace is the CD ROM drive...any floppy drives you have are open but cleaning out any bits will keep them from harm or replacement.
Anyone wanting to know what is inside their computer - hardware and any software you installed - use a free download called Belarc which does a survey of your computer and you end up with a list of all your hardware and your current software installed. The program downloads to your hard drive and you can use it offline anytime you wish an update of your stuff. We find it very useful to know the answer to all the usual questions regarding our computers 'insides'.
Love, Betty Lou

#124308 - 11/27/02 11:31 AM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
Polo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Scotland
Always make backups of your games just incase!! ive had a game shatter in my DVD drive once before and lucky enough i had a copy made up.. so alls well cept for the £40 i had to pay for a new drive wink

-Polo

#124309 - 11/27/02 12:03 PM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
Skinter Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Herndon, VA
GG -

There is one rule you should know about when you're posting here at GB. Never, ever, ever mention the name Gateway in front of our mod Jenny! Trust me! laugh laugh laugh lol

#124310 - 11/27/02 01:07 PM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
lasanidine Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: WA. USA
There is another program which tells you all about your computer in greater detail called Aida32 .
It is free and the best of the best.

Too bad about the disk.

Oscar Wilde

#124311 - 11/27/02 02:55 PM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
Wizball Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Earth, Sol System
Wow! Glad none was hurt! smile

Now let's think about this:
Instead of this game which is quite common and easily obtained Alice - An Interactive Museum or something alike would be blown to pieces.

I think then at least here someone would get hurt -> me with a heart-attack... laugh

#124312 - 11/27/02 09:56 PM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
KarenNJ Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Clarksboro, NJ
That is really strange and so odd that it happend while playing the same game, thats almost hard to believe. It does make putting that game into cd drive scary but I wanted to offer my Sanitarium if you want to try and play it after your computer gets fixed. If you want to borrow it please email me.

Karen

#124313 - 11/28/02 05:20 AM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
girlgeek Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Karen,

Thanks for the offer. I already have one on the way to me! You all are such a huge help.

Love and hugs,
Me
Lori
"girlgeek"

#124314 - 11/28/02 08:47 AM Re: Sanitarium exploded!
Jan Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Hi girlgeek -
You should consider filing a report with the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Be happy you didn't injure your eyes!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
18 registered (Marian, jimrh69, manxman, BobH, Jarkeld, butterflybabe, mj2c, Chief, CanukDenis, 1 invisible), 66 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet
8567 Registered Users