GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#124417 - 12/13/02 08:42 AM Re: Things we haven't seen in adventures
Kevin Wickham Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Marshfield WI
Hey dimidimidimi if you are really looking for a different type of adventure game then may I suggest the one I just finished and it seemed like it took me forever (maybe it did, just didn't know it). The name is American McGee's Alice. It is based on Alice in Wonderland, but with a very different twist, it is put out by EA Games. Let me tell you, it is VERY different than the ones we normally play. In this one you do control a child throughout. Check it out, you might be surprised. thumbsup thumbsup laugh laugh

#124418 - 12/13/02 04:04 PM Re: Things we haven't seen in adventures
dimidimidimi Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sweden
I have heard of this game kevin, but fortunately or unfortunately I am an adventure purist and I don't enjoy action/adventures.

#124419 - 12/13/02 10:57 PM Re: Things we haven't seen in adventures
Gog Offline
Settled Boomer

Hey Dimi.
Check out "Blackout".
Pure adventure, very dark (quite alot of it takes place in a night club)and it differs from anything I´ve played. In a good way that is. Sorta reminiscent of Sanatarium. Since it´s a Swedish game - it shouldn´t be so hard to find.

Come to think of it..it might be from Denmark. Whatever, it´s a very disturbing and good game wave

#124420 - 12/13/02 11:10 PM Re: Things we haven't seen in adventures
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
I checked quite a few different sites and searches for "Blackout" and came up with nothing. Could you provide some sort of a link? Thanks!

#124421 - 12/14/02 09:34 AM Re: Things we haven't seen in adventures
Karin Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi friedmonkey,
As far as I know, Blackout was never translated to english. Here is some links with reviews in swedish (if You want to run them through a translator):
http://spel.torget.se/home/spel/testat/_arkiv/test_blackout.html
http://www.testhuset.nu/visatext.asp?id=90

Karin

PS.
If You ever learn swedish, I could probably find the game for You wink laugh

#124422 - 12/14/02 11:04 AM Re: Things we haven't seen in adventures
IBlade_IRunner Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: NJ
Well, most of the things that you wrote about DimiX3 are in Blade Runner. Let me elaborate:

1) Black People

Sadik is black, though mot the main character but hes one of the important characters in the game.

2) Children

Lucy shes a child, you can`t play with her but you can control how she reacts later on, based on the path you take in the game.

3) Nightclub

During your investigation, you will have to go to 2 Nightclubs to investigate.

4) War

Well, technically there isn`t a war one earth but there is conflict between humans and replicants.

5) Drama

Theres some drama in the game. Like when Steele died in last part of the game. Or life on earth where replicants aren`t allowed, and you have to retire them, well you can choose not too.

6)

Theres comedy in the game also but not in FMV.

7) Fan

Well none that i can think of that are in the game.

8) Lawyers

Don`t need em. Basically you just shoot replicants smile .

Lol, i feel like i`m promoting the game. I guess Blade Runner is one of those adventures it`s hard to come by.

#124423 - 12/14/02 07:25 PM Re: Things we haven't seen in adventures
Gog Offline
Settled Boomer

Sorry Fried Monkey (and thanks Karin for the links) I didn´t know that the game wasn´t translated to English. frown
I don´t know why since I´m sure that it would´ve done OK saleswise. As I said it gives the same effect as Sanatarium beeing a very creepy psycological game. In fact it is one of the games that has given me the longest lasting impressions ever. Having played more than 200 games that should count for something laugh

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Flo NS, Darlene, 3dobermans, Marian, Draclvr, Mary, Koala, oldbroad, BrownEyedTigre, Lise), 62 Guests and 127 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users