GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#126939 - 10/10/03 05:22 PM Re: Temple of Elemental Evil - Official Thread
Schwab35 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles
Debra, I didn't bother with any of the "craft whatever" feats since the manual description was so complex and the cost so high.

You might want to do a search at the Atari forums, they have (finally) split the TOEE forums up so searching should be a little easier.

Playing: World of Warcraft; Geneforge 3

#126940 - 10/12/03 01:02 PM Re: Temple of Elemental Evil - Official Thread
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Central Texas
For some reason I haven't bothered to read the manual on this one. I guess I should do that instead of picking your brain, but.......
So far I've made a couple of cloaks and some bracers 3+ (of armour I think). Money is no object smile I don't know what I'm doing though.

#126941 - 10/17/03 09:36 PM Re: Temple of Elemental Evil - Official Thread
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer

Is anyone else having this happen to them? I have
Elmo and Rufus in my party and when we go to sell
items they just give the merchant some of the inventory items we have and then I have to buy them back.

#126942 - 10/18/03 03:56 AM Re: Temple of Elemental Evil - Official Thread
Schwab35 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Debra, they coded it so NPC's in your party sell their own loot, so whatever they are carrying they will attempt to sell when you are conducting business with a merchant.

That's how I understand it, I never have Elmo hold anything so I don't lose anything.

#126943 - 10/18/03 07:34 AM Re: Temple of Elemental Evil - Official Thread
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer

That's weird. You create a charismatic character
with high appraise skills to sell for everyone
and these NPC's are selling important items that
you don't want sold.
BTW, are those fire, earth, air and water robes
important?

#126944 - 10/18/03 08:44 AM Re: Temple of Elemental Evil - Official Thread
Schwab35 Offline
Addicted Boomer

I think wearing the robes help you avoid fights in their respective temples, but I found that the temple leaders talk nice and give you quests even if you're not wearing them.

I eventually ditched them since they were kinda heavy to carry around. You eventually end up fighting most everyone anyway.

#126945 - 10/18/03 06:36 PM Re: Temple of Elemental Evil - Official Thread
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yeah, that's my thing - they're too heavy. I'm
now finding the monsters spawning in the walls thing. Lots to fix with the patch. I tried the
Circle of 8 fan fix, but it didn't change anything
for me. My NPC's still won't share items except money and my Bracers of Armor 3+ still don't give
me the upgrade to my AC. But, I just keep plugging along. I'm sure I'll try to replay it after the patch to get my money's worth.
I think I have more fun creating parties than playing at this point.

#126946 - 10/22/03 09:04 PM Re: Temple of Elemental Evil - Official Thread
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well, I've made it to level 2 in the Temple. I'm
working on strategy for the fire salamanders and
the fire temple guard. I think I need one more level up so my casters will have some better buffs
to offer the rest of my crew.
Where are you Schwab? Are you still on hold? My
mouse is still swimming, but I'm slowly pressing
on.

#126947 - 10/23/03 01:30 AM Re: Temple of Elemental Evil - Official Thread
Schwab35 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yeah, I've still got it on hold, I'm playing Might & Magic instead and waiting for Knights of the Old Republic and Simpsons Hit 'n Run.

I remember that hall with the fire salamanders, it was very, very hard. I had my strongest fighter taking most of the heat (literally) and had the cleric nearby healing him. Elmo helped out by killing the lesser lizards that showed up behind the party. Long fight, plus the game slowed down significantly so it seemed to go on forever.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (flutist, Rushes, family, maryjo, BobH, manxman, Sorta Blonde, Marian, CanukDenis, kjos), 94 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Newest Members
123pazu, dawnmann, Colour, Carhurl, Shelley1966
8417 Registered Users