GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What is a RPG game? #127191
07/29/04 08:44 PM
07/29/04 08:44 PM
Billings, Montana
Milee10 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Milee10  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Billings, Montana
nickie,

Glad to hear someone else likes the tycoon games. "ZOO Tycoon Complete Collection" is my first. I'm an animal lover so picked this over "Rollercoaster Tycoon". Think I'm reverting to a second childhood lol . Love "Nancy Drew" also!

It's worth trying all games because a person just never knows. Even an old stick-in-the mud like me! I'll give GK2 a try and see if it plays better for me now that I know more about what's going on.

I'll do just fine unless my PC gets "Twitchy" on me again. Wouldn't boot since I was last in the forum until today! GRRRRRRRR mad .

Thanks guys laugh

**Milee10**

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have any film. Mine was over exposed.
Re: What is a RPG game? #127192
07/30/04 08:52 AM
07/30/04 08:52 AM
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
girlgeek Offline
Addicted Boomer
girlgeek  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kansas City, Missouri, USA
I'm with Schwab on this. ALL of those reasons are
reasons why I love this genre. You just can't beat it on rewards and instant gratification!!! Even in adventures, where you gradually earn "rewards" as far as solving puzzles....rpgs give you MORE "cool stuff!!!" I just became hopelessly addicted once I started! Never would have thought THAT could happen, BUT...I was so, so wrong! LOL

PLAYING ON PC: World of Warcraft...nothing else...there is no need for ANY other game when you have THIS one to play!! LOL
Re: What is a RPG game? #127193
07/30/04 11:11 AM
07/30/04 11:11 AM
S.F./Bay Area CA
Nipomo Offline
Settled Boomer
Nipomo  Offline
Settled Boomer

S.F./Bay Area CA
Thanks Milee10 for starting this topic happydance

scavenging the wasteland in Fallout 3
Re: What is a RPG game? #127194
07/30/04 11:16 AM
07/30/04 11:16 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Texas
Milee, you're so right! If you don't try other genres, you never know if you are missing something you may love. And hey, why not revert to childhood if we didn't get to play these fun games back then? WHEEEEEEE. I really thinks these games keep our minds active and imagination going, so that we aren't older than we have to be.

Nipomo, another thing about RPGs that is immensely attractive to me, is that most of them are so less structured than most adventures. You can go where you want to, and decide how you want to accomplish your goals. As the others have said, you invest more of yourself in your character, and because of that, the game seems more immersive. Also, most RPGs take longer to complete, so you work with/as that character, or characters, for quite some time - I played Divine Divinity for months, and I think I could play Morrowind for years without running out of things to do.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: What is a RPG game? #127195
07/30/04 05:37 PM
07/30/04 05:37 PM
Billings, Montana
Milee10 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Milee10  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Billings, Montana
Nipomo,

Thank you for saying that! I'm always afraid of asking a stupid question. I expected to be ignored going to a RPG thread asking what RPG even WAS. Your living proof that for every question, big or small, there's always someone else out there looking for the same answer.

GBs has wonderful, understanding, and classy people that I will NEVER underestimate again praise !

Welcome to the family Nipomo welcome .

**Milee10**

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have any film. Mine was over exposed.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, 1 invisible), 318 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users