GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Resident Evil #127878
12/13/04 07:40 AM
12/13/04 07:40 AM
Pensylvania
gamecheater Offline OP
Settled Boomer
gamecheater  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Pensylvania
Where do I find the ink ribbon for the typewriter so I can save my game? This is the very first Resident Evil game I need help with.

Cheating is fun as long as you don't get caught.
Re: Resident Evil #127879
12/13/04 01:57 PM
12/13/04 01:57 PM
Toronto, Canada
T
TooManyHours Offline
Settled Boomer
TooManyHours  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Toronto, Canada
Which Resident Evil version are you playing? The very first one?

If that's the case, then there should be an ink ribbon on the dining table near to the typewriter. After that, you will find them scattered about the mansion in various places.

Hope this helps...

fact is merely that which enough people believe, and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it
Re: Resident Evil #127880
12/14/04 11:14 AM
12/14/04 11:14 AM
Pensylvania
gamecheater Offline OP
Settled Boomer
gamecheater  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Pensylvania
That's what I said the very first one. Secondly, at the start of the game it asks a question about what kind of adventure I would like or something like that. What exactly does this mean? And which answer do I choose.

Re: Resident Evil #127881
12/14/04 12:26 PM
12/14/04 12:26 PM
Toronto, Canada
T
TooManyHours Offline
Settled Boomer
TooManyHours  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Toronto, Canada
Sorry for the confusion.. when you said it was the first Resident Evil game you needed help with I wasn't sure if you meant the First Resident Evil game, or the first time you've ever needed help on any Resident Evil game...

The questions at the beginning, if I recall, refer to a choice between Mountain Climbing or Hiking.

Mountain Climbing is more difficult than Hiking so if you chose Hiking, you will play an easier game.

So, Hiking is Easy Mode, Mountain Climbing is Normal Mode. When you beat the game with either character, you unlock Hard Mode.

BTW, are you playing the Gamecube Resident Evil: Remake version? That's the one I have and I've played through it several times, both as Chris and Jill - including beating the game in Normal mode in under 3 hours to unlock the infinite ammo Rocket Launcher... smile

And one last tip... IMO, Jill is the better character to play the first time through as she has 8 slots to carry around stuff and Chris has only 6. Also, Jill gets a lock pick and can find a grenade launcher to use whereas Chris will have to find old keys instead of picking the locks on certain doors and he won't get the grenade launcher, nor can he get a shotgun as early as Jill. Jill can also mix solutions in a lab - (important for a boss fight) where as Chris can't do that.

However, Chris always has a lighter which Jill will have to find. Also, Chris can take more damage than Jill and later on, he will find someone to heal him so he won't have to rely on carrying around as much Healing stuff as Jill. But even though Jill can get a shotgun sooner than Chris, Chris will end up collecting more shotgun ammo than Jill because he can't get a grenade launcher. But, then again, Chris can get a flamethrower (for a while at least) whereas Jill will have to make do without.

That all said, the game is really meant to be played through twice with each character as the story is different, the actions that they take are different, and even the people they meet and the event that occur during the game are different as well.

By playing both characters, you get a complete story...

fact is merely that which enough people believe, and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it
Re: Resident Evil #127882
12/15/04 09:46 AM
12/15/04 09:46 AM
Pensylvania
gamecheater Offline OP
Settled Boomer
gamecheater  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Pensylvania
Quote:
Originally posted by TooManyHours:
Sorry for the confusion.. when you said it was the first Resident Evil game you needed help with I wasn't sure if you meant the First Resident Evil game, or the first time you've ever needed help on any Resident Evil game...
Believe it or not but it's really a combination of both. You see I just bought the first Resident Evil Game on Saturday and it's the very first time I've ever played Resident Evil. This may shock you but this is the only Resident Evil game I own.
It seems that I have a new problem. I have the shotgun and the coin from the dog collar. Now I need to know where I go from there. In other words, what other items do I need to move on?

Re: Resident Evil #127883
12/17/04 08:25 PM
12/17/04 08:25 PM
Toronto, Canada
T
TooManyHours Offline
Settled Boomer
TooManyHours  Offline
Settled Boomer
T

Toronto, Canada
If you call up your inventory and examine the coin by turning it around, it will turn into a fake key. There should be a room on the third floor with a statue that has a real key. Use the fake key to get the real key.

Once you have the real key, you can use it on certain other locked doors...

(the door to the third floor is near a sleeping zombie on the second floor)

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (curly, TLC, Orion), 267 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users