GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#128051 - 01/05/05 07:13 AM Re: Sacred
Skinter Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Herndon, VA
Pib, I would compare the game more along the lines of Diablo-esque.

Syd ----- How's your game coming along? Haven't had any updates from you recently. laugh laugh Still playing the chicken game with a big group of enemies??? laugh laugh

#128052 - 01/05/05 07:42 AM Re: Sacred
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Lucca, there is a second entrance to that cave. I haven't played for a while so I can't tell you off hand where that entrance is. I'm sure you will run across it sooner or later. I remember being stumped at the same quest.

#128053 - 01/06/05 05:24 AM Re: Sacred
lucca Offline
Addicted Boomer

thanks rowan, but the women will have to suffer at the hands of those hoodlums. a higher duty calls, and i am off south towards the desert.
the real weird part is that it regenerates faster than any other rpg i've played. the monsters just keep coming and i'm almost sure the quests are randomly generated.

#128054 - 01/06/05 10:02 AM Re: Sacred
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

If you do almost all of the quests in a region or town you will get a message that the area has been cleared out and a little banner symbol appears on the map. When that happens there will be a great slow down in the regeneration of baddies in that region. That is why it is worthwhile staying in a town and accepting all the quests including the times quests.

#128055 - 01/06/05 05:00 PM Re: Sacred
Pib Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Townsville, QLD Australia
I really ought to try that. It would be nice to have fewer monsters generating in some areas.

I do think monster regeneration is too fast in this game. You would think killing 40+ goblins or whatever close to town would be enough to make any others in the area pause before they attach. smile

Quote:
I would compare the game more along the lines of Diablo-esque.
Never played Diablo. So many games, so little spare time...

#128056 - 01/06/05 08:30 PM Re: Sacred
syd Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Body in California/Heart in Ha...
Hi mackie laugh I know I haven't been around here much - been putting in 12 hour days at work and whatever spare time I have I'm smacking virtural baddies around so I haven't had much time for posting lol

Lucca I know how you felt about Wilbur frown I replayed that part three times hoping I had done something wrong so I could prevent his demise - alas it wasn't meant to be. I'm in Chapter 3 right now - doing quests around Braverock Castle. I sorta remember rescuing a bucnch of women but don't remember how I got to them (anything past 20 minutes ago and I can't remember) eek

I'm with you Pib - I would think after all those baddies watching me dispatch their ilk with my trusy blade and fire storm would run in terror - but nooooooo - they keep coming at me and worse they bring friends rotfl

Rowen I obviously haven't done all the quests in an area because I have never seen a banner (and here I thought I was doing so well) think

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.

#128057 - 01/06/05 09:02 PM Re: Sacred
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

When I played this I did all the untimed quests in a town first and I would decline the timed ones until I had done the others. When no more regular quests appeared I began to do those that gave you a day to do them. When I did some of those that message that the region is at peace would be given. That is when that banner appeared on the map in that region. It made revisiting that region in the future less irksome. There were still some baddies but not near anything like before.

Braverock is a huge area with a great number of quests. woozy You'll be there for quite a while if you are planning on doing all the quests.

#128058 - 01/07/05 01:01 AM Re: Sacred
Pib Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hurrah, I made it to chapter 2.

Drat Wilbur dies at the start of the chap, is this the unavoidable death previously mentioned?

#128059 - 01/07/05 03:02 AM Re: Sacred
lucca Offline
Addicted Boomer

yea pib, that's it frown

rowan, when she says: "this region is at peace!" does that mean i've done all the quests in that region?

and... my log book isn't recording the quests anymore. the last one it recorded was at slater's grave, that's less than half the quests i've done so far. i've been getting quests and finishing them, and getting the blue and yellow thingies in the map, but it's like she just decided she was sick of keeping a log.
is this one of the dreaded glitches in the game? has it happened before?

#128060 - 01/07/05 03:32 AM Re: Sacred
Pib Offline
Addicted Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by lucca:
yea pib, that's it frown

rowan, when she says: "this region is at peace!" does that mean i've done all the quests in that region?

and... my log book isn't recording the quests anymore. the last one it recorded was at slater's grave, that's less than half the quests i've done so far. i've been getting quests and finishing them, and getting the blue and yellow thingies in the map, but it's like she just decided she was sick of keeping a log.
is this one of the dreaded glitches in the game? has it happened before?
The log has tabs for each chapter, once you start chap 2. I only noticed it cause Wilbur gave me a quest and when I first went to the log, it was showing me the chap 1 quests. Look to the left of the journal and hit a tab.

#128061 - 01/07/05 08:34 AM Re: Sacred
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lucca, when you get the message that this region is at peace it means that you have done a sufficient percentage of the quests. I don't think it is all of them, just most of them. Good luck. Have you noticed any banners yet on your map?

#128062 - 01/07/05 03:01 PM Re: Sacred
lucca Offline
Addicted Boomer

all right, pib, you have no idea how stupid i feel right now... lol

oh, and thanks

#128063 - 01/07/05 05:38 PM Re: Sacred
Pib Offline
Addicted Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by lucca:
all right, pib, you have no idea how stupid i feel right now... slapforehead

oh, and thanks
Lucky I had just started another chap...I thought I'd never finish chap 1.

Yet another D'Ohh moment.

#128064 - 01/07/05 06:56 PM Re: Sacred
syd Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Body in California/Heart in Ha...
Ummmm I thought the same thing about the log book lucca lol Figured I'd hit a bug and started writing down quests on paper - boy did I feel slapforehead when I noticed those tabs rolleyes

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.

#128065 - 01/08/05 09:32 AM Re: Sacred
lucca Offline
Addicted Boomer

yea, well, i had to display my stupidity online...

i'm having quests disappear off the map now.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (kjos, bermag45, BobH, Mikael, Draclvr, InlandAZ, Ewil02, Laurette, auntiegram, 1 invisible), 88 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1, nimos
8519 Registered Users