GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#128152 - 02/02/05 12:42 PM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
PeggyH Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Houston TX USA
Made it through the tunnels, finally. Actually began to learn my way around as I had to go out so many times to get blood and awaken scrolls! I discovered clerity and it really seemed to help with Othelios. That and running all over the place. Sometimes I am laughing so hard at my lack of coordination that I lose a battle.

I'm heading to Vienna when I play next.

bravo bravo

#128153 - 02/02/05 05:08 PM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
babyblair Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: USA Baltimore, Maryland
Lucca, As a Toreador I think the way we frenzy is dancing. I got on the dance floor and lost all control of my character. She danced for at least 20 min, although no feeding. Try it out. You will gain humanity. It's just that being a Toreador you won't really ever need it.

Pat

#128154 - 02/02/05 05:18 PM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
babyblair Offline
Settled Boomer

Luca, yes it was me answering. I thought babyblair was just a password when I set this up, but my name is Pat. Yes I am now playing a female Toreador. Like Barb said I was able to also use the side door. But, since Toreador can sneak very well, so just go in the front door of the hospital and use your control key to lower youself into sneaking position and you can pass right on by.
Barb, Is Redemption made by the same company as Bloodlines? I remember playing two older vampire games and they were mouse point and click games with hot spots. If Troika has another one I would be interested. Thanks!
Pat

#128155 - 02/02/05 06:42 PM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
babyblair Offline
Settled Boomer

I hope this doesn't turn up twice. I just tried to post...it looked like it took and I don't see it. Anyway...........yes Barb, I didn't have to pick that Blood Bank door either. But Lucca, try going in the front door and use your control key to crouch/sneak you Toreador past the nursing station. As far as the estragen pills, I have yet to use them. Barb, did you use the pills?

My character: I looked through the book in the beginning and thought I would pick the Toreador. Then I saw where you could answer a group of questions and I did and ended up a Toreador anyway. Cool huh!
Pat

#128156 - 02/02/05 09:57 PM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Leavenworth, KS
I never used the estrogen pills. When I had a female character, it always said I couldn't equip them, & of course, a male wouldn't have any need for them! smile

Lucca, it depends what quest you're on where you need to go in the Medical Center. If you're looking for Heather, she's on the first floor just past the receptionist. If you're looking for the werewolf blood, it's in the basement.

Yes, Pat, Redemption is made by the same company as Bloodlines. It came out a few years ago. I absolutely love that game! I think it's the best game I've ever played! I'm on my 4th time through it now.

Barb

#128157 - 02/03/05 11:54 AM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
lucca Offline
Addicted Boomer

hi
i did manage to sneak past the receptionist (being a toreador and all laugh ) i fed heather my blood, didn't do me much good. even got to hack into the computer duh
the game is still a bit slow on loading, any idea how i can make it speed up short of buying a new computer?

and i was wondering, what would happen if i had decided not to help the couch guy...?

#128158 - 02/03/05 05:31 PM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
babyblair Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi, About Heather...she will turn up later on and hold on to her she will come in very handy. I got rid of her way too soon. You can feed on her. Her parents died and left her money, so you can get money from her.

The morphine is in the hospital, but if I remember right you either have to pick the lock in the controlled medicine room. Being a Toreador, like you I was not good at picking locks at all. Don't know if it's the nature or the way we are playing the game. As far as Mercurio, I did get him the morphine because he said he could get me anything I wanted. Yeah right, but I had to pay for it. I didn't even get any money from the cheapskape. Mercurio (couch guy) never had any weapons that Fat Larry didn't so he was useless to me. Hope that helps.

Barb, I'll be looking for Redemption. Can't beleive I never saw it out there. Thanks!

Pat

#128159 - 02/03/05 06:25 PM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

I never got Heather to show up later. I think I messed it up by not talking to her after I gave her my blood.

Lucca, you don't have to get the painkillers for Mercurio, it's a side quest, but you DO have to get the Astrolite, it's part of the main quest.

The bounty hunter is in the same building as Mercurio, right across the hall from him. The ghost is in the Ocean House Hotel, which you can reach via the sewers.

Hope you can find Redemption, Pat. It's a wonderful game.

Peggy - you're moving along great! Are you having fun in Vienna? smile I'm on the final dungeon.

Barb

#128160 - 02/04/05 04:39 AM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
lucca Offline
Addicted Boomer

so you'll be joining us in bloodlines soon, barb?
you were right, i didn't really need the morphine, all i gained was one humanity, which was already full. oh well.
i found the bounty hunter, very creepy, it took me ages to kill that crazy gimble guy. i had to head back to trip's for ammo. toreadors aren't very good fighters are they? my girl's pathetic, had to keep dodging the severed arm.

i have six experience points to waste, and for once, i am really stumped. there'd so much stuff to add to. what did you guys add to first?

#128161 - 02/04/05 06:16 AM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

So Torries aren't good fighters, huh? Maybe I should pick another clan for my next game. They ARE good at persuation, intimidation & seduction. I think I prefer the hack & slash approach, though! evil I usually added my points to the combat skills - mrlee, defense, & ranged. If I had a lot, I'd add a point or 2 to lockpicking or sneaking.

I think I'll finish Redemption today or tomorrow & start Bloodlines.

Barb

#128162 - 02/04/05 11:28 AM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
lucca Offline
Addicted Boomer

i think sometimes you just have to hack & slash. i don't think gimble would've appreciated the seduction approach. i mean come on, the guy's nuts.
will i ever get to buy heavier weapons in this game? trip only sells me ammo for that gun i picked up during the tutorial.

#128163 - 02/04/05 11:32 AM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
lucca Offline
Addicted Boomer

oh and barb, toreadors aren't that bad, i think it's just that i'm lousy at fight scenes woozy

#128164 - 02/04/05 12:22 PM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

Most of the firearms aren't that great, except for the Utica Bay shotgun & a few others. I found the shotgun and most of the others.

I forgot to snswer your question about the long load times, but there's nothing I can do. Everybody has the same problem. I have a fast computer, but it seemed like it took forever to load a scene! Very irritating.

I'm still working on the final monster in Redemption. Hopefully I'll get him sometime today!

Barb

#128165 - 02/04/05 01:41 PM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
lucca Offline
Addicted Boomer

too bad, it seems i spend more time staring at the loading screen than i do playing.

i'm kind of stuck, i can't get the werewolf blood because the computer that has the passcodes doesn't give them to me, although i hacked in and everything. and i can't kill the asian vampire because he's just too fast with that sword of his.
i also found some pills in the prescription room, what're they for?

#128166 - 02/04/05 06:15 PM Re: Vampire: the masquerade... (Bloodlines and Redemption)
babyblair Offline
Settled Boomer

Hello, I find as a Torry I definitely fight better with bare fist then any of the guns I have. Once I got to Fat Larry I bought a ton of stuff. The best for me is the axe and armor. I can just about defeat anyone with that technique. Although if it wasn't for the vitae I got twice now in the game I would have never made it. I just killed that armored giant creep at Kings Way Mansion. Now I am in the tunnels and a little nervouse becuase I don't have extra blood and no vitae. The Torry was supposed to be good at persuation like Barb said, but my girl isn't. She isn't good with lockpicking either. Although as you go through the game you get ep to add point to whatever you want. Barb, I couldn't do the crack house quest. After all that time I spent trying to kill Jezebel there was no flyer on her bed to give to the guy to let me into the crack house. Don't know why that was. Anyway, this game seems so complex and with so many character with different attributes and diciplines. Is Redemption like this also. I sure hope so.
Pat

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (traveler, nolalou, BrownEyedTigre, stevefox, Koala, Yankee Clipper, Pandora, Sherlock, Gimme, 1 invisible), 72 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Newest Members
RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis
8497 Registered Users