GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#128356 - 02/20/05 10:34 AM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
shaggydog Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: canada
Hi Soozie, need your help again, ok, i've progresed preety well. I'm now in the hazardous waste vats, made it to the conveyor room, can't find the 3 switches they talk about on the right hand side. I have smashed all the crates, looked everywhere, even went to the next room using the conveyor, but to no avail.
Any ideas, Thks

#128357 - 02/20/05 01:29 PM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
Soozie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Quincy, MA USA
I remember this one, it was grueling. Hard to explain and my memory isn't photographic, hehe.

First of all are you in the right Control Room? It isn't the one that the Bullsquid was attacking the guard. The room you want will have 3 levers to the right of the conveyor belt, which should be used to direct all three belts away from the water. Then back to the room with the guard there will be a button to stop the stampers for a short period of time. If you can get them to stop when both the right and middle stampers are up, so much the better.

smile

#128358 - 02/20/05 02:53 PM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
shaggydog Offline
Shy Boomer

No, I guess I'm in the wrong room, I'll try explain how I got here. In the room with all the vats and plungers, you jump from 1 to another to go thru a tunnel, that puts you in a vat with 2 paddles turning, you wait till they lineup and jump onto the paddles then thru another tunnel ending up in a conveyor room, 1 in the center, (long) 2 small ones one on each side of the long one. There's no exit to this room except taking the long conveyor up into another room filles with liquid, a huge fan and a big crushing roller. Any ideas?

#128359 - 02/20/05 05:56 PM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
Soozie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Again, I may be foggy here. After you got thru the room with the big handles in the vats, you had to drop down somewhere and avoid a couple of grinders and flames. I think there was a 3rd grinder (shudder, shudder) which I swam under and emerged in an alcove, I believe on the right, which had a Health Dispenser that I needed very badly. I distinctly remember the Health Dispenser.

From there I jumped back into the water and found a room I could climb up out of ... that too was on the right. This is the area the BullSquid was attacking the Security Guard. The other room your looking for is near there. I'm not sure, but try looking for it on the other side of the Conveyor Belt.

Actually I think your near the end of this level. Good luck ... you'll find it.

Btw, I hated this level.

smile

#128360 - 02/20/05 06:18 PM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
shaggydog Offline
Shy Boomer

thksm for your help, but sofar can't proceed, I'm close, I see a horizontal grinding wheel that I must avoid, and a vertical cog wheel turning, by going around this I end up in another room, fire shooting down with debris.
Your right this sems to be a tough chapter, any cheats to get by it??

#128361 - 02/21/05 04:27 AM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
Soozie Offline
Addicted Boomer

This entire level was avoiding grinders, crushers, traversing the conveyor belts, etc., just too much of one thing, especially when he isn't a Lara Croft. I couldn't wait to end it.

As for cheats, check this out over at Avault.

You'll make it through, good luck.

smile

#128362 - 02/21/05 07:59 AM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
shaggydog Offline
Shy Boomer

Hi thks again, possibly if you had a look at my walkthrough it would remind you where I am, goto, Google, gammeboomers.com, walkthrough, halflife, find chapter Residue Processing, para 3 is where I am, although I have completed #3, its no4 that's got me stuck because when I continue on, I reach the room with the conveyor belts, but no switches?? I think I've got the wrong room.
anxious to hear your reply, in the mean time I'll have a look at the cheats.

#128363 - 02/21/05 08:39 AM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
shaggydog Offline
Shy Boomer

Hi, did you play "Far Cry"? I played it twice, great game, but I enjoyed hlaf life 2 , which I also played twice, it's always more enjoyable the 2nd time around.

#128364 - 02/21/05 10:59 AM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
Soozie Offline
Addicted Boomer

I looked at the walkthrough, Shaggy, but it doesn't help my memory. That entire level was chaotic because you really had no time to think or strategize, you were lucky if you could get through and avoid crushing machinery every corner you took, toxic waste and still be alive. A small bit of this would have gone a long way ... I had hoped I was playing a shooter.

I know how you feel using a cheat, but sometimes it can't be helped ... I think we all have used one of them at sometime or another in our gaming experience.

Loved Half-Life 2, and certainly do plan to replay it again. I just finished Beyond Divinity and am ready to start The Chronicles of Riddick. It has had some very good reviews.

Let us know how you make out ... chin up, don't feel bad about using a cheat ... when your stuck, your stuck.

smile

#128365 - 02/21/05 11:37 AM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
shaggydog Offline
Shy Boomer

Hi, tks again, good news though, even though I haven't yet used the cheat I took note of the info.
I have successfully made it to the conveyor with the 3 switches, and progressed to taking out the 2 mines on the conveyor, now trying to get by the 3 rollers on opposite belts.
Will keep you informed
tks again

#128366 - 02/21/05 01:38 PM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
Soozie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Great, you'll soon be out of this mess.

smile

#128367 - 02/21/05 05:32 PM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
shaggydog Offline
Shy Boomer

Yep your right, I've made it to the next chapter, I'm at the dam, going to kill a big fish and away we go.
Thanks for all your help sofar.

#128368 - 02/21/05 07:05 PM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
Soozie Offline
Addicted Boomer

My pleasure, Shaggy; although now being 3 games away from HL1 my memory does get foggy. I'm apt to remember the parts that I liked as opposed to that particular level. There may have been another level I wasn't fond of, but most of them I did like.

Congratulations on getting out of there ... that big fish isn't all that bad. I think I got him from above ... maybe standing on the bridge after I cleaned everyone out.

I got by a lot of times in this game by inching forward and getting a good shot in.

Have fun.

smile

#128369 - 02/22/05 07:20 AM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
shaggydog Offline
Shy Boomer

thks again, but another question. How do I change the command line to get the console, ie- hl.exe-console, then the squiggly key, then the command ie- /god.
Do i goto Run and type in the hl,exe-console or where??

#128370 - 02/22/05 09:54 AM Re: Half-Life 1 Finished
Soozie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Shaggy, don't you have to open your console from or at start of the game? I uninstalled mine so can't really help here.

This is what I found:

The Cheat Codes are accessable from the Game Console, which as a default is disabled when you enter the game. To access the Console, start Half-Life using hl.exe-console. The Console will then be available by hitting the tilde key ( ~ ). You may find the cheats already enabled, if not, type in sv_cheats 1 in the Console first. Sometimes entering part of the cheat will bring it up ... try /GOD or /NOCLIP

I don't know why you couldn't just rename and add -console to the original hl.exe file.

Hope this helps.

smile

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (Rowan, CanukDenis, 3dobermans, Collector, Gimme, gymcandy1, CCbomber, GBC, hagatha, oldbroad), 81 Guests and 72 Spiders online.
Newest Members
LadyCarol, RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957
8498 Registered Users