GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#130953 - 01/01/06 07:31 PM Re: Divine Divinity Help
exalthim2 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Beach Park, Il.
So Syd, do i pick up everything I can or should I be more selective in the things I pick?

#130954 - 01/01/06 08:11 PM Re: Divine Divinity Help
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi smile

Just whilst you are waiting for Syd .... laugh

I picked up everything I found and sold it later or, in some instances, "kept" it until I was a high enough level that I could use it myself.

But as I couldn't carry all that weight, I used to "keep" it by using the map facility that allowed me to choose a spot and mark it.

Then, at that spot, I would make a "stash".
And anytime I wanted, I could go to my stash and gloat over my goodies OR pick some up to sell - or do whatever the heck I wanted wink

Of course a stash does need to be in a safe place or whilst busy inspectin' it, you might get sneaked up on and become very dead !!!! thumbsup

A good place is inside a safe house - preferably near a bed of some kind

Cheers.

Mad wave

#130955 - 01/01/06 08:57 PM Re: Divine Divinity Help
exalthim2 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks Mad

#130956 - 01/01/06 09:37 PM Re: Divine Divinity Help
maryjo Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: New Jersey USA
If I remember right you can leave your stash in any building or room. You can even buy a house and decorate it! One of the best weapons to have is one that has freeze on it.

#130957 - 01/02/06 07:07 AM Re: Divine Divinity Help
VHLMagic Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
Hi,

Once you have found a house to keep...you can drag barrels or chests into it so you can store stuff in them.

You can drag these into your inventory also but have to be strong enough to bring them back to your place for use.

This is what I did when I couldn't open chests and waited for later to open them in my own place. This way you don't get caught stealing because they don't see you opening them up in your place.

The one thing you have to remember about opening barrels to store stuff in is to make sure that you don't have the sword in your hand because you will smash the barrel. You can still use the barrel to store but it will be smashed and I always got rid of that one and replaced it with a unsmashed one if I forgot hehe.

The best thing to do is to leave one of you little teleporter stones by a shop to sell stuff that you don't need. That way if you are overburdened you can teleport to the shop to repair or sell anytime.

I agree about having freeze on a weapon. My holy sword that I used had freeze and I used it through the whole game.

#130958 - 01/02/06 07:40 AM Re: Divine Divinity Help
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Virginia
There you go, plenty of support for your question...
Yep, you can maybe push the limit of weight a bit, however eventually you just can't move.
Until you get the teleporter stones..I would leave the goodies in an empty house, but I would sell those items I could quickly..$$ is fun.
If an item states "ID needed", then save, ask George to ID the item..if worth more once known, then keep going..but some items, like cursed ones actually cost less once known, that's the reason for the save, go back to the save, sell it without ID.
ID needed items will show up in blue when you go to trade/sell. Those items that need repairing will show up in red. Until you have both of these skills, you will need someone like George to fix them or ID them.

Ingie laugh

#130959 - 01/02/06 06:06 PM Re: Divine Divinity Help
exalthim2 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ok it's me, yet again with questions.
How do i mark the map?

How do I get a freeze on my weapons

Can I use any house that's abandoned as my own?
Thanks guys
kim

#130960 - 01/02/06 07:47 PM Re: Divine Divinity Help
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer

At first you will not be able to get "freeze" on a weapon..you'll be doing good to get a weapon that will work well for you.
Yes, you may use any place really that you want for a storehouse. You can place all you own by a bed a sleep to rest up and go off for another day's adventures if that is what you wish to do. Me, I always needed the money or items, so I trudged them off to George's.

At first stay within the village, talk to all..solve the few quests you are given..saving the sick, unfreeze the elf..your biggest quest is to find the cure for Meth...whatever the Mad Mages name is.
Be careful..save before trying or doing anything.
You need to find the other teleporter-one will given to you..and you must help the Mages by curing the elder. This requires going down into the catacombs. This will help you level up, gain experience in using different techniques, getting use to fighting different levels, you'll have to plan a few things...and listening to some really funny stuff. You'll have decisions to make that may alter something else.
Ahh, the life of a RPGer..isn't it grand

Ingie laugh

#130961 - 01/02/06 08:33 PM Re: Divine Divinity Help
exalthim2 Offline
Addicted Boomer

It's grand, if i survive.Thank God for saves. But what a way to go. I've cured the mad guy, unfroze the elf so I think I'll find a house to live in, go get some stuff, make some deals and work up the courage to go into the catacombs. scared

See Ya on the other side
Kim

#130962 - 01/03/06 07:59 AM Re: Divine Divinity Help
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer

You're doing great for your first time..honest you are. happydance
Just remember, these games are huge, no need to rush and you do not have to do anything in a particular order to move onto something else. If an area seems too much for you, you can try another. That's the beauty of RPG, there is always another way if you're stuck.
You will eventually have to keep the mail story line going, which you will do when you cure Meth...'s maddness..but again, no rush and you'll have a few quests and lots of fun in the mean time. The bone folks are fun and challenging. If too many, try to lure one or two to following you as you run!! lol
Also, several ways to enter the catacombs!

Ingie laugh

#130963 - 01/03/06 09:08 PM Re: Divine Divinity Help
exalthim2 Offline
Addicted Boomer

I finally figured out how to mark the map. So now I'm going back to all the important places and mark them. Yea! (a small but gratifying success.) Now, off to find those pesky teleporter stones
See you on the dark side
Kim

#130964 - 01/03/06 09:18 PM Re: Divine Divinity Help
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi exalthim2 smile

Great Stuff !!!! thumbsup

It was ages before I realised there even WAS such a facility - but once I found out it was so useful laugh

[I can get lost in a car park blush lol ]

Are you enjoying the game ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

#130965 - 01/03/06 09:41 PM Re: Divine Divinity Help
exalthim2 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Surprisingly I am. I'm still a bit overwhelmed but thanks to you guys helping me it's getting a little easier. Each little thing I learn increases my enjoyment level. I haven't really had to kill anything yet except a skeleton and I'm still not clear on how to get weapons and potions yet. But i'm sure y'all will help me with that.
Thanks again
Kim

#130966 - 01/03/06 11:22 PM Re: Divine Divinity Help
Pib Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Townsville, QLD Australia
You'll find lots of weapons in the catacombs. Lots and lots of Axes. I've sold three or four to George already. After checking that they are not the special one needed for a quest.

I've restart the game as a magic user. Meteorstrike is awesome. I can fire off a lot of blasts very quickly. Very useful when surrounded by the dead.

When wandering the catacombs, be careful to save often! It's very easy to get caught and die. I finally made it past a level that was very tough to get through (especially a still wimpy magic user)

#130967 - 01/04/06 07:29 AM Re: Divine Divinity Help
popcorneater Offline
Adept Boomer

Oh rats Kim, I forgot you asked about that..glad you figured it out!
**Edit Here**
I loved Beyond Divinity too..so funny!!

As was stated, make sure you break open anything you can, click on whatever you have killed..those bonefolks have weapons sometimes. And make sure every now and then you check your equipment, make sure not in need of repair
In the catacombs will be bonefolks and rats..but all kinds of bonefolks..and you'll run across some orcs..they're friendly underground, above ground..kill him/her is all you'll hear, and they mean it.

Ingie laugh

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (colpet, venus, Marian, CanukDenis, Sherlock, Rowan, shroeder, BrownEyedTigre, looney4labs), 75 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users